SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

UND has offered CB Hanif Muhammad out of Texas.  We were his 13th offer (according to him - only 11 listed on 247sports).  Scout lists him as a McNeese verbal, but I'm not sure if that's the case (UPDATE: 247 shows that he decommitted July 11).

http://247sports.com/player/hanif-muhammad-91294

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5557646/hanif-muhammad

1 hour ago, Hambone said:

UND has offered CB Hanif Muhammad out of Texas.  We were his 13th offer (according to him - only 11 listed on 247sports).  Scout lists him as a McNeese verbal, but I'm not sure if that's the case (UPDATE: 247 shows that he decommitted July 11).

http://247sports.com/player/hanif-muhammad-91294

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/5557646/hanif-muhammad

Mackey 2.0, but now includes cover skills? ;)

We are not recruiting any Texas kids.

Hanif Muhammad is not a UND recruit.  He appears to be another high school attention-monger though.

Kids just throw out names of schools to generate interest from others.  Sometimes the recruiting info is flat-out wrong from the recruiting sites and media, other times the school's names get mixed up.

Unless there is an alum or family tie to UND or former tie to North Dakota, we do not recruit states like California, Texas or Florida for prep kids anymore.  Unless it's a JUCO situation out of necessity, you will not see that from this staff.  The proof is in the pudding, it doesn't work.

This staff is staying in the upper midwest for recruiting and we are doing great here.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Hanif Muhammad is not a UND recruit.  He appears to be another high school attention-monger though.

Kids just throw out names of schools to generate interest from others.  Sometimes the recruiting info is flat-out wrong from the recruiting sites and media, other times the schools names get mixed up.

Unless there is a family tie to UND or former tie to North Dakota, we do not recruit states like California, Texas or Florida for prep kids anymore.  Unless it's a JUCO situation out of necessity, you will not see that from this staff.  The proof is in the pudding, it doesn't work.

This staff is staying in the upper midwest for recruiting and we are doing great here.

Maybe I was mixing him up, but I thought I saw one of the coaches following him.  I look at so many profiles I could be confused though.  

4 hours ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Kids just throw out names of schools to generate interest from others.  Sometimes the recruiting info is flat-out wrong from the recruiting sites and media, other times the school's names get mixed up.

Unless there is an alum or family tie to UND or former tie to North Dakota, we do not recruit states like California, Texas or Florida for prep kids anymore.  Unless it's a JUCO situation out of necessity, you will not see that from this staff.  The proof is in the pudding, it doesn't work.

I won't add him to Wiki at this point but it seems a bit odd that a Texas kid with double digit offers would post that he got an offer from a FCS school way up north.  I don't know if that necessarily would impress other schools.

Verbal #1 for 2015: Grady on July 29

Verbal #1 for 2016: Seacrest on July 24

Verbal #1 for 2017: Noah Larson on July 22

Moving in the right direction, getting recruits earlier and earlier.  Though, I do realize the timing of the Elite Camps plays a role on when we get our first verbals. 

Nice! Welcome Noah. Judging by his Twitter, I wonder if he'll swim at UND too. Anyone know how much the seasons interfere?

On a separate note. I see Travis from Wisconsin, who is a good source for Wisconsin HS FB info, posted something about being surprised none of the Dakota schools have offered Sam Santiago-Lloyd. His hudl is a fun watch. http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3026505/5721d77ae984d413d420d385 

Guy just rag-dolls opponents and leaves a trail of would-be tacklers in his wake. 

7 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Looks like he will fit right in with our offense, nice runner. Did I notice a sidearm throw a couple of times? 

I love his ability to throw on the move.  Needs to tighten a lot of things up in the pocket but he's naturally slippery and can really zip it accurately on the move which is mostly a God given thing. Very good recruit.