SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. BADgers - Friday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Yeah, totally don't  worry about losing to a team that's  won 6 f-ing games in 2 seasons.

Just layin' on the sarcasm, STS.  We all know what the reaction of this board would be if a certain coach whose name rhymes with "Shave Smackstol" was behind the bench for this loss.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Managed to play with intensity for most of the road games, yet come home and give half effort. I will never understand that.

It's hockey, these things happen.  I think we are a little overrated right now anyways.  We have a lot of freshman and they played like freshman tonight.  People that didn't think this could happen really had unrealistic expectations.  Put this game behind us and move forward!

• Upvote 3

Just layin' on the sarcasm, STS.  We all know what the reaction of this board would be if a certain coach whose name rhymes with "Shave Smackstol" was behind the bench for this loss.

No worries, just frustrated,  they showed how they CAN carry play for about 5 minutes in the 3rd, wish they'd have brought that intensity for 60 min.

Disappointing game...Sioux have a lot of work to do.  Let's be honest they have played a bunch of bad teams to this point.  Tied with Maine and Beavers.  They have not beat one solid team to this point.  Being #1 in the country is based on reputation IMO.

• Upvote 1

It's hockey, these things happen.  I think we are a little overrated right now anyways.  We have a lot of freshman and they played like freshman tonight.  People that didn't think this could happen really had unrealistic expectations.  Put this game behind us and move forward!

Exactly!  Whenever I hear how bad the other team is by media and fans, I cringe.  I have seen upsets happen all too frequently in that scenario.  Perhaps a little too much, "we're home now, things will come easy", and plenty of incentive for Wisconsin against the number one team after reading how bad they are.  Back to work tomorrow.  

bad game, poor effort...we don't stack up well against Sconny...its a bad nc opponent for that reason.  Their style gives our style fits, always has in the Eaves era.  

We looked bad.  It was not entertaining to watch.  

You CANT fall behind to Wisconsin. They then grind you to pulp.  You need to score and put them down and make them play up-tempo.

Awful game.  Waste of my friday evening

• Upvote 1

1. I hope this means Wisonsin will be improved this season. I like college hockey more when Wisconsin is good.

2. This will end up being a good thing. It's a nice early season wake up call for the team. A little something to keep them grounded and to let them know that there's a good opponent every night regardless of record.

• Upvote 4

Poor effort even against bad teams typically doesn't end well. Was bound to happen at some point with so many young guys on roster. If it happens again tonight I'll make the run to Fleet Farm for the pitch forks................

• Upvote 1

It's my fault. I was at the game. Over the last few years, I think I've seen only 2 W's. Luckily I only go to a couple a year. One was last year v Mankato (I think) and when we were down a goal with a minute and a half in the game I left. My buddy and I get to the hallway, see the tying goal scored on TV, thought about heading back in for OT, but decide to go to Red Pepper instead and when we get there, we see the winning goal scored.

I'm a jinx.

Somebody came out and skated with them and punched them in the mouth and they weren't ready for it. I went to the Sat night game in C Springs and thought I had mistakenly bought tickets for the ballet.  Wake up and play hockey, Sioux.