SiouxSports.com Forum

Bye Week

SWSiouxMN

It is fun at least talking about possible playoffs.  I don't  know if  we will, but it  is a very achievable  possibility of winning the last 2 games.  I don't care if we go on the road or somehow would get a home playoff game.  This is all gravy this year.  Our best teams are coming down the road.  We could easily have 2 more wins this year but we didn't get it done and we have no one to blame.  Heal up and win 2 more games to finish the season. 

I'm just like everyone else, but boy is it funny to watch the moods change. At 4-4 we were doom and gloom and we will never win another game again, now we are 5-4 and all of a sudden we're in the playoffs lol. Go UND!

There is joy in Mudville, at least for a couple weeks...

I'm just like everyone else, but boy is it funny to watch the moods change. At 4-4 we were doom and gloom and we will never win another game again, now we are 5-4 and all of a sudden we're in the playoffs lol. Go UND!

I always thought this was a 6-7win season then thought maybe 8 or 9 after the 4-1 start but we blew that. Going into Saturday I thought we'd finish 6-5 going 2-1 in the last 3 losing to MSU.

With the win Saturday, an extra week to heel up, and 2 teams we match up well against I like our chances of getting to 7-4 and getting in the playoffs. I hope fans and students realize what is at stake for UND and help fill the Alerus against UNC. UND needs to get the word out to students and fans that playoffs are at stake here and a big crowd is needed to help. The game should be getting pumped any chance they get. The herald and wdaz should be pumping up what's at stake here. This is a big opportunity for the program.

• Upvote 4

Man if we could have just hung on to win in either the ISU or Weber game, we'd control our own playoff destiny.  Two more wins though and we are certainly in the discussion for the playoffs and could get in.   It will be nice to be a littlie healthier going into the last two weeks, it will be important for Studs to be healthy enough to be able to run the ball.

I agree there are plenty of mood swings that come and go within a week, but I don't think it is so much the win, as how we won. 2 of those last 3 losses were complete self destruction. This game had the making of another missed opportunity late in the game. UND could have easily caved in the 4th, but they finished it out. Hope they carry that momentum through the bye week.

Dropping those two at home to ISU and on the road at Weber St. still sting, but the guys have a chance to go out with a bang in November, even if they don't make the playoffs. The team showed guts and heart on Saturday against MSU.  Hopefully, the defense continues to evolve and cut the points allowed down to the teens or low 20s in the remaining games. Its hard to make a living giving up points in the 30s and puts alot of pressure on your offense. Nice to see Santiago, Georges, and Olivera getting lose, Studs back in the lineup and the DBs contesting deep balls and holding their own all day. Winning the turnover battle will have a direct impact on how the 2015 season wraps up.

• Upvote 1

finishing 6-5 would be a huge step for the program even if we do not make the playoffs. Winning last weekend resurrected the season. Without that win being 6-5 wouldn't feel as good.

We beat 2 ranked teams and an FBS team, this has been a good step forward.

finishing 6-5 would be a huge step for the program even if we do not make the playoffs. Winning last weekend resurrected the season. Without that win being 6-5 wouldn't feel as good.

With how the season started, 6-5 would be a bit of a disappointment.  This team needs to win these next two.  

• Upvote 2

7-4 or bust at this point.

UNC- They are playing better but no reason we cant take care of them at home. Especially after an extra week to heal and work out kinks.

Poly- A healthier UND defense that has something to play for versus a run oriented team. I will take a determined UND D and UND O with something to prove.

I would also like to point out that during UND's 3 game skid I was not one calling for heads to roll or panic. It is year 1.5 essentially in a new program so what to some really expect? Now we have a glimmer of hope and a well place bye week. 

Time to prove something boys!

• Upvote 2

We need the Randy Ratio for the last 2 games.  For us it's the Clive Theorem.  Clive needs 8-10 targets and 5+ receptions to let teams know of the consequences that exist for stacking the box.

Amen and I bet we will.  Studs had a nice strike to Clive on the first TD.  On the second TD, Clive made a nice move.  Glad to see him healthy.  Not to count our chicken before they hatch but I think we have a good chance for the playoffs.  UNC and Cal Poly are good match ups for us.

Question what is the Status on Greely will he be back this year?  Also Grady, I hope his injury will heal in the next 2 weeks.

Amen and I bet we will.  Studs had a nice strike to Clive on the first TD.  On the second TD, Clive made a nice move.  Glad to see him healthy.  Not to count our chicken before they hatch but I think we have a good chance for the playoffs.  UNC and Cal Poly are good match ups for us.

Question what is the Status on Greely will he be back this year?  Also Grady, I hope his injury will heal in the next 2 weeks.

http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/2015/11/02/big-win-over-bobcats/

SFI thinks that Greely and Grady will be ready to play against UNC.

Anyone notice what happened to our run game after Grady went down? He was mauling their team. He's going to be so good it's scary. My stomach dropped when he got rolled up on because I thought he broke his leg. Luckily it looked like he didn't. I hope it's "just" an ankle because he may have been our best player on Saturday. And he's a true fr.

Anyone notice what happened to our run game after Grady went down? He was mauling their team. He's going to be so good it's scary. My stomach dropped when he got rolled up on because I thought he broke his leg. Luckily it looked like he didn't. I hope it's "just" an ankle because he may have been our best player on Saturday. And he's a true fr.

I noticed that after the game he was walking around okay. I am thankful for a well placed bye week. (We could have used it a few weeks ago but hindsight is 20/20).

If I remember correctly, I think he was hurt in the 4th qtr so didn't notice much change to the running game.  Although, Oliviera big run was on the left side of the line in the 4th qtr. 

We didn't need him and he should have redshirted. Our coaches are idiots and have no clue what they are doing again.:silly:

7-4 or bust at this point.

UNC- They are playing better but no reason we cant take care of them at home. Especially after an extra week to heal and work out kinks.

Poly- A healthier UND defense that has something to play for versus a run oriented team. I will take a determined UND D and UND O with something to prove.

I would also like to point out that during UND's 3 game skid I was not one calling for heads to roll or panic. It is year 1.5 essentially in a new program so what to some really expect? Now we have a glimmer of hope and a well place bye week. 

Time to prove something boys!

The unc game has me a little bit worried.  Being at home and having an extra week off will be nice, just hope the team doesn't over look any team! Bubba is always focused and has this this on the right path , but sometimes the players see the opponent as don't play up their standards.  Unc lost on a last sec fg to e wash 2 weeks ago.  They are an improved team over the years past and literally have nothing to lose.  They are not necessarily a good team but anything can happen, aka South Dakota.   Und is still beat up, missing several marquee players on d, just one game at a time!!!

Edited by Longtime fan
  • Upvote 3