SiouxSports.com Forum

MSU Game Day Thread

Sioux94

I'm tired or hearing the excuses of this generation of fair-weather UND students.  If I were AD the first thing I'd do is take away one section of student tickets and then listen to the bitching start.  Good luck on your tests.

Except if no one goes to the games, who do you think is going to complain? I was a student 2004-2008 and went to every game... But they were good those years. I love pro football but college is blah to me. Players come, players go. If the team sucks I would be hard pressed to sit there and watch. Put a good product on the field and the fans will come back. Lose to bad teams and barely win games you should easily win isn't helping.

A strange game...

There needs to a conversation about Big Sky Refs, enough is enough. Whoever decided that fumble was an intentional grounding should have been fired.

Good to see Keaton play and throwing it well.  Outside of his first throw, he was good.  3 drops hurt.

John and Brady... enough said

I missed Clive in this offense

I'll say it right now.. Was not impressed with MSU, the only way they really stayed in this game was with all the gadget plays, and if UND doesn't shoot themselves twice with penalties after MSU turnovers.  We could have trucked these guys

Speaking of.. nice to see us +1 in turnovers... that 3rd turnover, Stanley should have just fallen on the ball and not tried to advance it.  Keaton had zero chance on his 2 (blindsided both times)

For the student:  I saw this one coming a mile away, 3 straight losses and getting blown out against the Griz will do that.  But... expect a better turnout for Senior Day (*experienced posters can look at the sports calendar)

We gutted out a win, 2nd ranked team upset + FBS win so far.  Matched the total wins for both overall and Big Sky.  Heal up, enjoy the Bye week, we got UNC in 2 weeks.  Time to get a winning season and .500 in the Sky.

• Upvote 1

True sophomore, True freshman walk-on who had his shirt pulled 2 weeks ago and RS freshman.

Great insight and contribution today to this thread and forum though.

You are welcome.  

If one was actually at the game and watched and thinks differently.......great. 

Even someone who knows way more FB than me and has a close connection to the program that sits next to me pretty much thinks the same thing.....our corner play is pathetic.  Sugar coat it all you want.

BTW........how old are the top 2 RBs? 

• Downvote 2

Also, MSU should probably look at firing all of their coaches etc., they turned it over....couldn't stop us on offense, had two costly penalties towards the end of the game.  Man they better start questioning their whole program and if they will ever have long term success.   (this is sarcasm by the way, as if we would have lost that one that's what a number of people here would be saying about our coach and team)

Have you been on the bobcat bboard? That's pretty much exactly what it was like... Before this game. 

A strange game...

I'll say it right now.. Was not impressed with MSU, the only way they really stayed in this game was with all the gadget plays, and if UND doesn't shoot themselves twice with penalties after MSU turnovers.  We could have trucked these guys

Speaking of.. nice to see us +1 in turnovers... that 3rd turnover, Stanley should have just fallen on the ball and not tried to advance it.  Keaton had zero chance on his 2 (blindsided both times)

We needed to score off their turnovers like they did to us.

And I disagree on Keaton's 2 turnovers.  It was obvious on both plays that a blitz was coming.  He had time (not much) to get a ball thrown and didn't.  The first TO was worse because he waited fall longer to throw the ball.

I'm tired or hearing the excuses of this generation of fair-weather UND students.  If I were AD the first thing I'd do is take away one section of student tickets and then listen to the bitching start.  Good luck on your tests.

The student turnout is poor, yes. I hate that, as well as you.

like it or not hockey has taken a toll on the quality of our football fans, vs Idaho state I had to turn around and literally shush the student section because they were cheering while we were on offense. Hockey has taught them them to cheer whenever and wherever, but especially after good things happen. Football fans need to cheer while their team is on defense. In addition, they are used to winning and only winning (see 7 frozen fours in 11 years).

also, the students who do show up, cheer much better than the full section of general admission adjacent. Maybe instead of pointing fingers you should get up off your own ass and cheer during the game ? 

• Upvote 1

That holding penalty shows the complete stupidity of the rules.

Montana State uses their last timeout after second down to stop the clock with 1:07 left in the game.  UND gets a holding call on third down but the play clock is reset and the game clock is kept running.  So basically UND benefits from their own holding call and can run out the clock without getting a first down. 

Then for some unknown reason UND decides to hand off the ball instead of just kneeling out the game.  The UND coaching staff needs to wake up and understand what is happening on the field.  Absolutely no reason to take a chance on that last handoff.

In the future it would appear to me you could run out the clock once the other team has run out of time outs.   Just need to run one play to get the clock started and then keep taking false start penalties to get the play clock reset.

absolutely they had to hand it off. Santiago had to burn nearly 10 seconds on the run.  When Santiago was tackled there was 27 seconds left. Otherwise they would of had to take a delay of game and punt. Did you watch the Michigan game a few weeks ago.  

This game has nothing to do with studs and eeverything to so with two monster freshman running backs and a line getting push. Plus a defense getting opportunistic stops and turnovers. 

the offense runs so much better with Studsrud.  I'd argue based on results this season it has everything to do with Studsrud. 

• Upvote 2

Apparently Prukop had some interesting statements at the post-game press conference. 

"Puke-Up" should take some solace in the fact that our radio color analyst "Milk Toast" Mike Berg spent half the game talking about how great he is. Is anyone else sick of Berg doing that? He'll find a player on the other side he likes and then run off at the mouth about him and his exploits the entire game. He did that with Zenner from SDSU in 2013. Sometimes Berg forgets that he is on the UND Football Radio Network, not the other team's radio network.

the offense runs so much better with Studsrud.  I'd argue based on results this season it has everything to do with Studsrud. 

The only tthing that matters is whether we can run the ball and whether the defense makes timely stops. If the defense doesn't make those stops we lose. The defense isn't good enough to win games but we need them to make stops late in  the game