SiouxSports.com Forum

MSU Game Day Thread

Sioux94

The hold at the end was as good as a first down because Santiago went down in bounds. Smart play by the RB. 

This was a good win, sucks the defense got beat so soundly but they came up big when needed and we beat the 19th ranked team in FCS. That's a good win in my book. 

Edited by Feff

I'm proud of the young men on our team today, they definitely made some mistakes and we missed some opportunities......but they also found a way to make some plays and found a way to win.  And that was without a 100% healthy Studsrud.  Giving up 38 against MSU isn't horrible in my opinion, they often put up 40 or 50. 

I hope it didn't take too long to get the students out of the student section after the game :silly:  How embarrassing...

Yea so glad the city of Grand Forks picked up the slack and filled the rest of the Alerus center!

How about you all stop shitting on the student section and get the rest of the city to come first before you start looking at us. I didn't go today because I'm a student first, and have tests to study for. And a lot of others are disenfranchised because of three straight losses coming into the game (EDIT): after a few crappy years. Football still isn't big on campus and wont be until Buba makes it to the point of where we aren't getting embarrassed by loosing to poor teams (ISU) or getting blown out (Montana)

Edited by NoDakFan
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Studs had some nice throws today, I think that is what I liked seeing the most.  If he can continue to improve in the passing game, when he is healthy and can also run we are going to have a pretty good offense.  Sure was nice having Georges back today.....2TD's, and a great run on that second TD. 

• Upvote 1

That holding penalty shows the complete stupidity of the rules.

Montana State uses their last timeout after second down to stop the clock with 1:07 left in the game.  UND gets a holding call on third down but the play clock is reset and the game clock is kept running.  So basically UND benefits from their own holding call and can run out the clock without getting a first down. 

Then for some unknown reason UND decides to hand off the ball instead of just kneeling out the game.  The UND coaching staff needs to wake up and understand what is happening on the field.  Absolutely no reason to take a chance on that last handoff.

In the future it would appear to me you could run out the clock once the other team has run out of time outs.   Just need to run one play to get the clock started and then keep taking false start penalties to get the play clock reset.

• Upvote 1

Also, MSU should probably look at firing all of their coaches etc., they turned it over....couldn't stop us on offense, had two costly penalties towards the end of the game.  Man they better start questioning their whole program and if they will ever have long term success.   (this is sarcasm by the way, as if we would have lost that one that's what a number of people here would be saying about our coach and team)

Edited by Sioux94
  • Upvote 1

Yea so glad the city of Grand Forks picked up the slack and filled the rest of the Alerus center!

How about you all stop shitting on the student section and get the rest of the city to come first before you start looking at us. I didn't go today because I'm a student first, and have tests to study for. And a lot of others are disenfranchised because of three straight losses coming into the game. 

I'm tired or hearing the excuses of this generation of fair-weather UND students.  If I were AD the first thing I'd do is take away one section of student tickets and then listen to the bitching start.  Good luck on your tests.

• Upvote 1