SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ CC - Friday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Yeah ours didn't buffer at all but did go non HD quite a bit.  I did not hardwire, just used wifi. We live in Bismarck.  

The announcer was a whiny b-tch but I did agree with him about the linesmen and face offs.  Judas.  The last few years have been ridiculous.  They just refuse to drop the freakin puck.  Like I told my wife, you hardly ever see that BS in the NHL.  Just drop the flippin puck!!!!

Did your wife do like mine? Look down at her phone and completely ignore you?

jk, my wife loves Sioux hockey, just not quiet as much as me. :)

Did your wife do like mine? Look down at her phone and completely ignore you?

jk, my wife loves Sioux hockey, just not quiet as much as me. :)

she pretty much did the same ; )  she told me to quit whining.

she loves it too just not as much as me as well.  She grew up in GF with season seats during the late 80's so yeah she's pretty legit and got me hooked, so she is ok in my book ; )

Yeah ours didn't buffer at all but did go non HD quite a bit.  I did not hardwire, just used wifi. We live in Bismarck.  

The announcer was a whiny b-tch but I did agree with him about the linesmen and face offs.  Judas.  The last few years have been ridiculous.  They just refuse to drop the freakin puck.  Like I told my wife, you hardly ever see that BS in the NHL.  Just drop the flippin puck!!!!

Hmmm, I am in Bismarck, too.  Midco.  But I tried via Verizon as well and ended up with the same buffering BS.  Since that is a completely different delivery, I would suspect that the problem is on the other end of the feed, but maybe I am wrong.  I will hard wire for tomorrow's game.  If that doesn't work, you may be getting a PM from me for a "trick-or-treat" visit.  ;)

You know that with Shep herding the zebras there is BOUND to be a lot of controversy in the officiating.

Hmmm, I am in Bismarck, too.  Midco.  But I tried via Verizon as well and ended up with the same buffering BS.  Since that is a completely different delivery, I would suspect that the problem is on the other end of the feed, but maybe I am wrong.  I will hard wire for tomorrow's game.  If that doesn't work, you may be getting a PM from me for a "trick-or-treat" visit.  ;)

You know that with Shep herding the zebras there is BOUND to be a lot of controversy in the officiating.

yeah we have midco as well, but it wasn't too bad.  You're always welcome but tonight being Halloween you may find an empty house ; )

At least til the 2nd period perhaps.  I love that the game won't start until 8:30.  It helps on this night.

I was extremely frustrated with the feed last night.....

I'm in Bismarck and have midco's second fastest package....Xstream something or other.

I bought a brand new router to solve some issues on "on my end"......

My Web speed was between 75 and 87 Mbps. ......and I could  get the game on my new iPad air to look ok and clear for the first 5 to 10 see ones and then would degrade to "live from Baghdad 1991" quality.

I can't figure it out cause the setup should be vastly more than enough to watch a game,.......really getting tired of paying for these games and getting such terrible results.

Big step down from last week's free Web feed from vermont

Midco is NBC sports network compared to the rest of the NCHC.

I ordered my first month of NCHC.TV so I could attempt to watch last night's games. First, C.C. video quality is better than UNO, WMU and MU's, but that's not saying much. It's better than having no video, but still not worth the money they charge.

Second, last night, someone mentioned on the UND hockey chat, that there should be a minimum standard that school should have to be able to obtain to be able to sell their webcast. In my opinion, some schools just aren't putting out a very good product, yet. This unacceptable in the 21st century.

I realize that it's not easy to have a online broadcast, but every school in the Big Sky Conference has been able to figure it out. I've watched quite a few BSC online broadcast for football and they've been very good. Two of the worst offenders are MAC schools. Last weekend, Vermont was able to provide a very good, free online broadcast. How come C.C., MU, UNO and WMU can't figure it out?

Edited by Goon

I was extremely frustrated with the feed last night.....

I'm in Bismarck and have midco's second fastest package....Xstream something or other.

I bought a brand new router to solve some issues on "on my end"......

My Web speed was between 75 and 87 Mbps. ......and I could  get the game on my new iPad air to look ok and clear for the first 5 to 10 see ones and then would degrade to "live from Baghdad 1991" quality.

I can't figure it out cause the setup should be vastly more than enough to watch a game,.......really getting tired of paying for these games and getting such terrible results.

Big step down from last week's free Web feed from Vermont

I bought an HDMI hookup for my iPad Mini and I have the fast Midco Net's fastest internet. Last night, the web cast was okay, nothing great. Not really worth the money that we spent on it. For the most part, I was able to watch most of the game.

• Upvote 1

At the game last night....  UND played to the competition.  World Arena was half full crowd 50/50 rooting interest.  Too many TV timeouts, no flow to the game.  UND talent way too much for CC.  UND has a much better game.  They look tentative collapsing on D.   

Just a quick tidbit about why the camera guy was shooting so wide last night... many schools without the budget of UND use the wide game cam with the score bug superimposed as their coaches feed.  It's what the coaches record, both home and away to review following the game.  CC is one of those teams, mainly because of the low quality of the World Arena.  The arena still runs SD via a Tricaster switcher, which is what many high schools use.  Unfortunately, it doesn't have multiple outputs including the ability to superimpose a scorebug on a separate output.  That's why you see the scorebug on the in-arena scoreboard as well.  They're pulling the "CC" feed and putting it on the board.

I bought an HDMI hookup for my iPad Mini and I have the fast Midco Net's fastest internet. Last night, the web cast was okay, nothing great. Not really worth the money that we spent on it. For the most part, I was able to watch most of the game.

I have midco's xtreme 1.0 and the game streamed well in hd (wifi setup). Of course CC's one high center ice camera isn't good for the price of the broadcast. Hope some of the others (miami, wmu) have made improvements over last year.

When I lived in nwnd, my rural telco dsl speed was similar to midco but I had poor webcasts. Turned out I had poor speeds from certain neulion servers that caused my problems. Those same servers do not create the same problems to grand forks. Problems are often not on either end, but somewhere in between.

• Upvote 1

Just a quick tidbit about why the camera guy was shooting so wide last night... many schools without the budget of UND use the wide game cam with the score bug superimposed as their coaches feed.  It's what the coaches record, both home and away to review following the game.  CC is one of those teams, mainly because of the low quality of the World Arena.  The arena still runs SD via a Tricaster switcher, which is what many high schools use.  Unfortunately, it doesn't have multiple outputs including the ability to superimpose a scorebug on a separate output.  That's why you see the scorebug on the in-arena scoreboard as well.  They're pulling the "CC" feed and putting it on the board.

Question. On the rare occasion they did show replays. The angle of the replay camera was much higher than the game cam and zoomed in closer. Why couldn't they use that as their broadcast feed as someone was obviously running it throughout the game?

Sounds like both of their goals were point shots thru traffic.
I wouldn't read too much into that.

Indeed, the D did a good job at keeping CC's chances to the perimeter.  Their first goal found the net when Hrynkiw was completely screened.  He did a solid job minding the posts all night.

Sounds like both of their goals were point shots thru traffic.
I wouldn't read too much into that

Yeah, both of CC's goals were from the point with heavy traffic so one certainly couldn't fault Hrynku. 

As a CC fan, it was painful to watch how bad they are. What was really irritating for CC fans was how soft they played in their D zone. Credit to UND and their skill and tenacity on the forecheck. At times, it looked like a rec league team playing an A level team. 

Pretty hard to do anything but compliment H for what he has done in net.  You really do have to give him a pass on the first several shots he faced in his career.   After that, he has delivered.

He is getting more solid in his positioning.  And I'm liking his glove.  

I'd also try checking your browser settings. I was told, when I was having issues, to clear my browser history, cookies, and images cache; then restart my computes. I have no idea if this actually does anything, but  I usually do it before every game. I also hard wire my computer into my modem, as I don't think my computer handles live feed the best over wireless. 

What this does is buy the tech support guy time to do something else while you jump through meaningless hoops.

Edited by chicofelipe
missed a word