SiouxSports.com Forum

Portland State Predictions

darell1976

UND's offense wakes up from its coma and crushes the Viking's D

UND 35

PSU 7

To a degree, the offense already did that last week with over 200 yards rushing; I hope they can keep that going with the offensive line changes. The passing game does need to improve, though. With that said, the receivers need to step up every bit as much as the QB. 

To a degree, the offense already did that last week with over 200 yards rushing; I hope they can keep that going with the offensive line changes. The passing game does need to improve, though. With that said, the receivers need to step up every bit as much as the QB. 

200+ rushing and 200+ passing would be great. Just blow up their D.

31 UND

20 PSU

I think Portland St had a strong showing against WSU, but beating the Idaho St then a bad D2 school doesn't say a ton. It means this program could be really good, or still somewhat unproven. Either way, I think these are two very similar teams, but I think UND will come out on top, taking yet another step forward with our program.

If UND can play Bubba Ball and get yards on the ground and control TOP UND has a shot. If those 2 things happen I'll go UND 24-17. If UND is forced to play catch up and Studs has to win it with his arm I'll go PSU 31-21.

I like North Dakota in this game.  But that really means nothing since I like North Dakota in every game.....................

Everything looks better with the Kelly Green shades on................

I think we will win his game but barely. I think this game will show that neither team is at a high enough level to compete against playoff teams. I don't think Portland state has been tested by a good team and may be overrated. With that said if we do win this game we will also become overrated as we will break into the top 25.

UND 24

PSU 21

For some, step away from the ledge (in regards to UND being overrated and going nowhere). I understand where your concerns come from, but NDSU has badly beat many FCS teams in the Fargodome over the past few years that have gone on to winning seasons (2012 Youngstown State, 2012 Illinois State, 2014 South Dakota State, 2014 Youngstown State, etc.). NDSU has a very good home-field advantage and they have a very good football team. UND can still do very well this season despite their lone loss to NDSU.

Against Portland State, I'm hoping the offense can continue their success running the football with Santiago and Smith (maybe even Olivera), and Studsrud can improve in the passing game. For a win, UND's defense needs to shut down the option run attack of Portland State and force a turnover or two. 

• Upvote 2

For some, step away from the ledge (in regards to UND being overrated and going nowhere). I understand where your concerns come from, but NDSU has badly beat many FCS teams in the Fargodome over the past few years that have gone on to winning seasons (2012 Youngstown State, 2012 Illinois State, 2014 South Dakota State, 2014 Youngstown State, etc.). NDSU has a very good home-field advantage and they have a very good football team. UND can still do very well this season despite their lone loss to NDSU.

Against Portland State, I'm hoping the offense can continue their success running the football with Santiago and Smith (maybe even Olivera), and Studsrud can improve in the passing game. For a win, UND's defense needs to shut down the option run attack of Portland State and force a turnover or two. 

Agree +1000