SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

3 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Some homers on here have strongly implied the leagues are similar in quality. I think darell has led the charge there. 

The Valley is pretty tough. No way around it. You get a couple "gimme" games but the rest of the teams are usually at least respectable it seems like. 

Well there you have it.

darell couldn't lead a group in silent prayer.

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

The MVC is a vastly superior FB conference top to bottom year in and year out compared to the BSC. With that said I'm still in the camp UND athletics should have stayed put in the BSC.

^^^This, top to bottom.   I too felt we should have stayed in the Sky, it fit us better     I have a feeling the Mo Valley is going to be a learning experience in those early years.

55 minutes ago, TRex said:

^^^This, top to bottom.   I too felt we should have stayed in the Sky, it fit us better     I have a feeling the Mo Valley is going to be a learning experience in those early years.

I actually think there is an understanding of what the team needs to look like.  Just need to continue recruiting that type of player and build depth.  

25 minutes ago, homer said:

I actually think there is an understanding of what the team needs to look like.  Just need to continue recruiting that type of player and build depth.  

Need to continue?   LOL.  Surely you jest!!!!    When did we ever start recruiting that type of player?    That's been the problem since the days of the transition and what I blame the 3-8 on.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TRex said:

Need to continue?   LOL.  Surely you jest!!!!    When did we ever start recruiting that type of player?    That's been the problem since the days of the transition and what I blame the 3-8 on.

Exactly.........is Bubba Ball going to change dramatically by 2020? He wants to stop the run.......run the ball. Neither will happen in the MVC unless Bubba can first recruit those type of players. If he continues recruit the player he has to date UND will have lots of 3-8 seasons in the MVC.

51 minutes ago, TRex said:

Don’t call me Shirley.  

I really think if you look at the different body type of o and d linemen the last two classes (last year and commitments this year) the coaches know we need to be bigger and better in those spots.  

Bigger at OLB and more athletic in the slot It’s not going to happen over night and I don’t think the coaches would lie and tell you they missed on a few recruits in their first full class   Having some kids not show up or decommit late hurt that class   

I don’t fully count Bubbas first recruiting class pulled some athletes but Faison drug his feet too long that year   Tough to recruit a class starting late December when your staff isn’t in place yet   

6 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

You're not even playing devils advocate anymore. You're honestly on the verge of trolling.

Saying things stale homers don't agree with is not trolling if it is in fact my opinion.

DICTIONARY
trolling×
troll2
trōl/
verb
gerund or present participle: trolling
  1. 1
    informal
    make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
    "if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you"

The exceptionally passionate of UND's fan base which make up this forum have a difficult time acknowledging necessary change. Maintaining the status quo is not supporting UND; in fact, its betrayal when you've just gone 3 - 8. 

12 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Some homers on here have strongly implied the leagues are similar in quality. I think darell has led the charge there. 

The Valley is pretty tough. No way around it. You get a couple "gimme" games but the rest of the teams are usually at least respectable it seems like. 

True, I have said they are similar powerful conferences. It’s not like the Big Sky is DII and the MVFC is the FBS, you have tough teams and you have bottom feeders. Every once in a while a couple teams make it towards the top then fall. You Bison fans (yes you too Johnboy) think UND will be a bottom feeder, have we ever been a bottom feeder in a conference in football? We ruled the NCC, we were at the top of the BSC in Bubba’s 3rd year? We can rule the MVFC. Just like I am sure UNI, SIU and YSU thought that way about NDSU after your not so stellar start to the MVFC for the first 3 seasons. 

11 hours ago, zonadub said:

No, iirc ‘Fighting Hawks ‘ Darrel has been on the Summit/MoValley bandwagon for a long time. Wants to get back to the old Dakota rivalries. 

So what what’s wrong with rivalries we have had for a hundred years. I am sure you would piss your pants if the hockey team was in the same conference as the Gophers and Badgers again.

You call me Fighting Hawks Darell (that’s how you spell my name btw), like I should be insulted by the new name, we’ll im not.

Go Fighting Hawks!!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, darell1976 said:

True, I have said they are similar powerful conferences. It’s not like the Big Sky is DII and the MVFC is the FBS, you have tough teams and you have bottom feeders. Every once in a while a couple teams make it towards the top then fall. You Bison fans (yes you too Johnboy) think UND will be a bottom feeder, have we ever been a bottom feeder in a conference in football? We ruled the NCC, we were at the top of the BSC in Bubba’s 3rd year? We can rule the MVFC. Just like I am sure UNI, SIU and YSU thought that way about NDSU after your not so stellar start to the MVFC for the first 3 seasons. 

I don't think I've called UND a future bottom feeder anywhere. UND was hot garbage this year and still beat Misery St by like 30.

I have no idea how UND will do. I don't follow closely enough to feel educated on that. 

5 hours ago, darell1976 said:

So what what’s wrong with rivalries we have had for a hundred years. I am sure you would piss your pants if the hockey team was in the same conference as the Gophers and Badgers again.

You call me Fighting Hawks Darell (that’s how you spell my name btw), like I should be insulted by the new name, we’ll im not.

Go Fighting Hawks!!

No insult intended Darell. My apologies for the misspelling, I know how a person's name is spelled is very important to them. I have trouble with names like Darell, Russell and Philip. The comment was intended to be a refute of Johnboy's post, and the Fighting Hawks moniker was more of a hat-tip to your post a a couple of weeks ago that said I was a hockey only fan because I would like to see the old interlocking ND on the football helmets again. (What about the interlocking ND says hockey, by the way?)

yes, it would be nice if UND was in the old WCHA that was in place when I was at UND back in the 70s, but obviously that will not happen.

Go UND!

48 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I don't think I've called UND a future bottom feeder anywhere. UND was hot garbage this year and still beat Misery St by like 30.

I have no idea how UND will do. I don't follow closely enough to feel educated on that. 

Hot garbage describes the team after the blowout win against Misery St. 

49 minutes ago, zonadub said:

No insult intended Darell. My apologies for the misspelling, I know how a person's name is spelled is very important to them. I have trouble with names like Darell, Russell and Philip. The comment was intended to be a refute of Johnboy's post, and the Fighting Hawks moniker was more of a hat-tip to your post a a couple of weeks ago that said I was a hockey only fan because I would like to see the old interlocking ND on the football helmets again. (What about the interlocking ND says hockey, by the way?)

yes, it would be nice if UND was in the old WCHA that was in place when I was at UND back in the 70s, but obviously that will not happen.

Go UND!

I miss the old WCHA too, rivalries are fun and brings more attention to the program. We really had a good one starting with Montana and Weber St (for basketball), but I think leaving the BSC for the MVFC/SL is best for the long run. We can always schedule BSC teams for OOC play. 

10 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Lets see---NDSU had 26 championships and UND had 24. But you ruled? yeah ok. :lol:

18 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

has san diego improved from last year enough to make it a game in fargo?  we all know that the ndac has come a down a notch or two but enough to make it a game on saturday?

I would venture to say if NDSU lost to SD it would rank among the top fcs upsets of all time.