SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Maybe.  Maybe not.  They didn't play in the Fargodome though.  Next time NDSU goes 7-4, I'm sure you'll get your wish and see them on the road.

This complaint is so odd.  

Doubt it, NDSU is a household name like UNI. They can go 1-10 and be ranked. 

14 hours ago, Bison06 said:

What exactly am I not getting? That there is a difference between playoffs and regular season?...smh

There is a common theme among about three posters on this board that I find pretty funny. You continue to subtly state that NDSU’s dominant run would’ve been different if they had to play on the road for those playoff games. The complete idiocy of your logic revolves around the fact that it is 100% due to NDSU’s dominance in the regular season(you say doesn’t mean anything) that they’ve earned every single Home playoff game in the last 7 years. As I said, you want NDSU to travel in December? You know what to do.

You are correct sir.  Home playoff games are earned during the regular season.

• Upvote 2

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:21 PM, TRex said:

Actually any Bison fan will probably tell you if they had anyone else in the replay booth that year they would have won a NC.    I wonder if they will ever let that call go?

one small fact that isn't mentioned is reverse that call and it means another overtime is played.  No guarantee they win it.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Milford torgerson said:

one small fact that isn't mentioned is reverse that call and it means another overtime is played.  No guarantee they win it.

Of course, and there's also no guarantee that they would have won two more playoff games on the way to a championship, either.  But that was the last game before they went on their run of championships. It's not much of a stretch to think that NDSU might have had 6 in a row.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is a Daryl ‘76 comment. Like it or not NDSU success has been earned. They did get a favorable bracket in my opinion, 2 seed was justified/earned. 1 MVFC on same side? So 2 of 5 on 1 side & 3 of 5 on other side? Not a valid point, & a cake walk? NDSU will probably not prepare for any of the upcoming opponents and have already started all travel plans to Frisco at about 11 AM yesterday—let’s worry more about 3-8 than the Bison

6 minutes ago, Stand4Anthem said:

This is a Daryl ‘76 comment. Like it or not NDSU success has been earned. They did get a favorable bracket in my opinion, 2 seed was justified/earned. 1 MVFC on same side? So 2 of 5 on 1 side & 3 of 5 on other side? Not a valid point, & a cake walk? NDSU will probably not prepare for any of the upcoming opponents and have already started all travel plans to Frisco at about 11 AM yesterday—let’s worry more about 3-8 than the Bison

I like your username! Yes, we should worry about our 3-8 season rather than the team who has earned their success down the road.

6 minutes ago, Stand4Anthem said:

This is the rip Bison thread, plenty of complaining about 3-8 on the other threads.

Bison probably beats the Jacks in Frisco, with the Jacks having their QB hurt in the 4th quarter upsetting the Dukes.  Sound about right??

I googled 'what's easier than a cakewalk', nothing popped up, but might as well pack your bags and RVs from Fargo to Frisco, no doubt.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

This is the rip Bison thread, plenty of complaining about 3-8 on the other threads.

Bison probably beats the Jacks in Frisco, with the Jacks having their QB hurt in the 4th quarter upsetting the Dukes.  Sound about right??

I googled 'what's easier than a cakewalk', nothing popped up, but might as well pack your bags and RVs from Fargo to Frisco, no doubt.

They still gotta play and win the games. Did anyone think James Madison would have won in the Dome last year?

James Madison is still the team to beat until they lose.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

They still gotta play and win the games. Did anyone think James Madison would have won in the Dome last year?

James Madison is still the team to beat until they lose.

is it just me or did the sdac look much much better than the ndac...granted it was in brookings but that game wasn't even close.

• Upvote 1