SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

Keep your hopes up on that. A lot of more important issues to spend money on like property tax relief, and flood protection instead of another stadium.

Wasnt hoping for anything. Just making a statement.

It would be nice to have a bigger stadium but do we really NEED one? IMO--No.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:02 PM, Nodak78 said:

Please quit digging a hole.  The hole is deep enough,  jump in and we will gladly kick dirt in the hole to cover up your sorry $$$$. 

My how things change in three weeks. Turns out I was spot on. USD is/was a paper tiger.

16 minutes ago, homer said:

Only took rape charges and beat up QB.  

Their season derailed when the off the field stuff set in.  

No, they had a one-man offense and a questionable defense all along. At this point, they're  a bubble team needing a win against a better team to make the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Gothmog said:

No, they had a one-man offense and a questionable defense all along. At this point, they're  a bubble team needing a win against a better team to make the playoffs.

Their style of play wasn’t sustainable for a run. Early season greatness and then then lose steam and Streveler can’t continue to get beat up each game and maintain his level of play. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Their style of play wasn’t sustainable for a run. Early season greatness and then then lose steam and Streveler can’t continue to get beat up each game and maintain his level of play. 

Gotta admit they had one hell of a "one trick pony". That kid can sling the ball from numerous angles and positions. Plus hes pretty quick.

I'd argue that their style of play was dictated by their personnel. In any case, their style of play hasn't changed. If it's unsustainable now, it was unsustainable all along. 

2 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Gotta admit they had one hell of a "one trick pony". That kid can sling the ball from numerous angles and positions. Plus hes pretty quick.

I keep hearing people describe him as “pretty quick”. He’s blazing fast. Just say it. He made DeLuca look like he was wearing cement shoes.

3 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

I'd argue that their style of play was dictated by their personnel. In any case, their style of play hasn't changed. If it's unsustainable now, it was unsustainable all along. 

Obviously it was unsustainable from the beginning. That’s literally what it means. It’s fine to start but it can’t be maintained long term. 

Just now, geaux_sioux said:

Obviously it was unsustainable from the beginning. That’s literally what it means. It’s fine to start but it can’t be maintained long term. 

Exactly. My point is they never really were a "great" team. That was largely a scheduling illusion.  

3 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Exactly. My point is they never really were a "great" team. That was largely a scheduling illusion.  

No. They were actually really good to start the year. They were smoking teams. Once Streveler started getting banged up and those guys got in trouble the wheels fell off. The ISU game where they beat him up was the tipping point.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

No. They were actually really good to start the year. They were smoking teams. Once Streveler started getting banged up and those guys got in trouble the wheels fell off. The ISU game where they beat him up was the tipping point.

I think guilty of a little wishful thinking. They beat up on bad teams...so what?

Their QB being injured is a start.  He came into yesterday no where near 100%.  Their fans saying it, not me.  

Plus a mess of off the field issues (kind of a major one) the last few weeks and the team is a mess.  

They don’t beat you with a healthy Streveler, but he is much better than he showed yesterday when not hobbled and their offense is much better. 

10 minutes ago, homer said:

Their QB being injured is a start.  He came into yesterday no where near 100%.  Their fans saying it, not me.  

Plus a mess of off the field issues (kind of a major one) the last few weeks and the team is a mess.  

They don’t beat you with a healthy Streveler, but he is much better than he showed yesterday when not hobbled and their offense is much better. 

I realize Streveler is everything to them, but banged up? What does that mean? He’s clearly healthy enough to play...I mean is anybody 100% at this time in the year? We have played the last 3 games without our best running back. That’s sort of part of the game come November and December.

USD has looked great against inferior opponents and has struggled mightily against even above average teams. I think the team we are seeing now is exactly who they’ve been all along. They are just playing better teams the past 4 weeks.

41 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I realize Streveler is everything to them, but banged up? What does that mean? He’s clearly healthy enough to play...I mean is anybody 100% at this time in the year? We have played the last 3 games without our best running back. That’s sort of part of the game come November and December.

USD has looked great against inferior opponents and has struggled mightily against even above average teams. I think the team we are seeing now is exactly who they’ve been all along. They are just playing better teams the past 4 weeks.

Maybe they’re just much better at home and bad on the road. The team i saw yesterday didn’t have the same mojo as the one I’ve seen previously. Same as their game against ISU when Streveler got pummeled. I think their best wr was hobbled as well.

4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Maybe they’re just much better at home and bad on the road. The team i saw yesterday didn’t have the same mojo as the one I’ve seen previously. Same as their game against ISU when Streveler got pummeled. I think their best wr was hobbled as well.

I believe all three of their losses have been road games, so there may be something to that. But, getting physically manhandled on the line and having your star run for his life will take the “mojo” out of nearly everyone.

The way Strevler moved around yesterday he sure didnt look like he was banged up too bad.