SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

NDSU has been better on the road the last 6 years than at home. 

They are only 1-1 on the road in FCS playoffs (not championship games) and hasn’t been on the road since 2010. Playing at the Jacks or at JMU would be uncharted territory for this class.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

They are only 1-1 on the road in FCS playoffs (not championship games) and hasn’t been on the road since 2010. Playing at the Jacks or at JMU would be uncharted territory for this class.

Nice cherry picking. LOL  But you are consistent.

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

How? They play road games....5 games a year. I guess it would be chilly out but they already practice outside?

3 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Ya, if the Big Bad BIZON don't have 8-9 home games a year it's a real travesty.

They claim they travel so well that Frisco is a home game, then in another argument they call it an away game to boast their playoff record on the road.

It's a neutral field game but these schmucks can't figure this out.

6 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Regular season don’t mean !@#$ when it comes to the playoffs. 

Considering the outcomes of those regular season games dictate where playoff games get played, I think it’s fair to say they actually do mean $&@3$@7.

You all act like NDSU is simply gifted home playoff games. You want them to play on the road in the playoffs? The rest of the FCS knows exactly how to make that happen. Easier said than done, I’m afraid.

13 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Considering the outcomes of those regular season games dictate where playoff games get played, I think it’s fair to say they actually do mean $&@3$@7.

You all act like NDSU is simply gifted home playoff games. You want them to play on the road in the playoffs? The rest of the FCS knows exactly how to make that happen. Easier said than done, I’m afraid.

I was just about to post this same thing. Did we make the playoffs this year then? Our 3-8 record doesn’t mean !@#$ after all.

18 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

When you compare the intensity and meaning of regular season games to playoff games there is a difference. Regular season loss, okay let’s prepare for the next game, playoff loss, okay let’s prepare for next year. If you couldn’t decifer between the two that’s your problem.

8 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

When you compare the intensity and meaning of regular season games to playoff games there is a difference. Regular season loss, okay let’s prepare for the next game, playoff loss, okay let’s prepare for next year. If you couldn’t decifer between the two that’s your problem.

Are you really going to lecture a bison fan about the difference between a playoff game and regular season game? 

2 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Obviously he didn’t get it so yeah. 

What exactly am I not getting? That there is a difference between playoffs and regular season?...smh

There is a common theme among about three posters on this board that I find pretty funny. You continue to subtly state that NDSU’s dominant run would’ve been different if they had to play on the road for those playoff games. The complete idiocy of your logic revolves around the fact that it is 100% due to NDSU’s dominance in the regular season(you say doesn’t mean anything) that they’ve earned every single Home playoff game in the last 7 years. As I said, you want NDSU to travel in December? You know what to do.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

What exactly am I not getting? That there is a difference between playoffs and regular season?...smh

There is a common theme among about three posters on this board that I find pretty funny. You continue to subtly state that NDSU’s dominant run would’ve been different if they had to play on the road for those playoff games. The complete idiocy of your logic revolves around the fact that it is 100% due to NDSU’s dominance in the regular season(you say doesn’t mean anything) that they’ve earned every single Home playoff game in the last 7 years. As I said, you want NDSU to travel in December? You know what to do.

So if NDSU played EWU in the Fargodome in 2010 you would have won a NC? You’re funny.

1 minute ago, darell1976 said:

So if NDSU played EWU in the Fargodome in 2010 you would have won a NC? You’re funny.

Actually any Bison fan will probably tell you if they had anyone else in the replay booth that year they would have won a NC.    I wonder if they will ever let that call go?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TRex said:

Actually any Bison fan will probably tell you if they had anyone else in the replay booth that year they would have won a NC.    I wonder if they will ever let that call go?

No, and that’s why they won 5 straight. Desperate to win and assert themselves. We could learn a thing or two from that.

13 minutes ago, TRex said:

Nope, but if the roles were reversed Bison fans would say that was a good call. They are funny that way.

51 minutes ago, TRex said:

Any Bison fan? Not this one. It was a crappy call.  But thats part of the game.

54 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Are you consciously aware of how non-sensical your arguments are?

You are arguing both sides of this and the sad part is, I don’t think you know it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

Maybe.  Maybe not.  They didn't play in the Fargodome though.  Next time NDSU goes 7-4, I'm sure you'll get your wish and see them on the road.

This complaint is so odd.