SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

10 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Regarding the Jan Brady reference, here is what it means: despite SU having among the best football programs in the country some SU fans find the need to monitor UND's fan site and make sure that nothing said by their fans goes unchallenged. They are oblivious to the fact that by nature a school's fan site is going to have comments that are optimistic, and in some cases unsubstantiated. That we as fans are allowed to be positive about our team, and that a fan site exists to provide fans of that school with a place to enjoy discussion and share thoughts. 

These "Jan Bradys" feel the need to challenge nearly every comment and continual try to downgrade UND because they subconsciously have an inferiority complex (oh and they hate it when that truth is pointed out - which they are proving just by being here constantly). It also kills them that UND is and always will be the Flagship University of the state. History has shown that Sioux Sports has an abundance of SU fans who hover and/or comment on our fan site - in their mind to just "add to the discussion". But it is seldom a discussion and almost always the need to question our natural optimism or create topic drift or UND bash.  

So when we see someone new join the discussion and it is quite obvious that another SU fan feels the need to "state facts" excuse us for rolling our eyes and not rolling out the welcome mat (by the way it's been shared here that Bison-Swille doesn't allow non-fans to join and "share facts" that question "the herd". I can't verify that because I never go there I have no interest in SU sports and do not feel the need to waste time on something that does not interest me.  

Hope that clears things up. 

Odd that UND is a flagship...last I heard they were renting out dorms to the community college ;)

4 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Bison fans will always say they win the recruiting battle every year. They lose to us 10 of 13 games in the 90's and early 2000's, with Jim Kleinsasser running past their pathetic defense, and its the same ol sh*t line from them "we have better recruits than you". 

Darell lives in the 90's more than old Notre Dame fans live in the olden days which I didnt know was possible.

51 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Rampant use of what?

Since you’re so big on links, even though you will not provide a link to support your claim that it was Folgers or Mountain Dew:

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/961311-NDSU-former-Bison-football-player-disagree-on-who-supplied-supplement-that-likely-led-to-failed-drug-test

Notice the part where the family says it was used throughout the locker room.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Odd that UND is a flagship...last I heard they were renting out dorms to the community college ;)

Darell lives in the 90's more than old Notre Dame fans live in the olden days which I didnt know was possible.

Kinda like how Bison fans lived in the 80’s prior to 2010. 

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Since you’re so big on links, even though you will not provide a link to support your claim that it was Folgers or Mountain Dew:

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/961311-NDSU-former-Bison-football-player-disagree-on-who-supplied-supplement-that-likely-led-to-failed-drug-test

Notice the part where the family says it was used throughout the locker room.  

Did you have an issue with reading comprehension before going to UND or after????  Read the article again . I will highlight this part---

Robbins said he wants people to know he did not intentionally take an illegal supplement.

“Just basically the fact that when people hear this, they think steroids or marijuana,” Brock said. “That’s the reason we want the story out.”

He said he first started taking the supplement about halfway through the 2018 season. It seemed routine, he said, since he’s taken dietary aids dating back to high school in Cavalier, N.D.

Since you like to keep bringing this up and take there word  I think this clears up the issue of steroids. The article also mention that they all took supplements.

Facts is you keep inferring that steroids are being used by the team as a whole.  Which is a blatant lie.

Everything you need to know is in that article except the name of the supplement.

1 hour ago, homer said:

To justify your players recent issues, you dig up an article from 2011.  Nicely played......

No. Not at all.  Steroids arent involved with the NDSU player.  Even with the kid and the mother saying it was a supplement you have posters saying it was steroids. Which is a lie . Facts matter.

24 minutes ago, bison73 said:

No. Not at all.  Steroids arent involved with the NDSU player.  Even with the kid and the mother saying it was a supplement you have posters saying it was steroids. Which is a lie . Facts matter.

Is ostarine a steroid?  Acts like one without the side effects.  I understand why guys take it. My personal belief is this is what SU takes.  I am not sure this is in 'Clean Victory' or if Ben Newman even discloses what's in his drink.  I believe Newman knew the testing and his dosage passed the drug tests.  This is why SU tests on their own, to keep under certain levels.  The kid just took too much, got busted.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Is ostarine a steroid?  Acts like one without the side effects.  I understand why guys take it. My personal belief is this is what SU takes.  I am not sure this is in 'Clean Victory' or if Ben Newman even discloses what's in his drink.  I believe Newman knew the testing and his dosage passed the drug tests.  This is why SU tests on their own, to keep under certain levels.  The kid just took too much, got busted.

Is that why UND tests their players?

49 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

Kinda like how Bison fans lived in the 80’s prior to 2010. 

"Before winning all these titles recently....ndsu fans looked back on the 80's championships with fondness" isn't the winning rebuttal you thought it was lmaooooo

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

Did you have an issue with reading comprehension before going to UND or after????  Read the article again . I will highlight this part---

Robbins said he wants people to know he did not intentionally take an illegal supplement.

“Just basically the fact that when people hear this, they think steroids or marijuana,” Brock said. “That’s the reason we want the story out.”

He said he first started taking the supplement about halfway through the 2018 season. It seemed routine, he said, since he’s taken dietary aids dating back to high school in Cavalier, N.D.

Since you like to keep bringing this up and take there word  I think this clears up the issue of steroids. The article also mention that they all took supplements.

Facts is you keep inferring that steroids are being used by the team as a whole.  Which is a blatant lie.

Everything you need to know is in that article except the name of the supplement.

Funny how nothing you highlighted here validates caffeine.  He also says he does not want people to think it was marijuana or a steroid, yet he fails to mention what it was.  

Couple that with ndsu disputing everything the family said, and refusing to comment on the banned substance....it makes anyone without turd colored glasses wonder.  

21 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Funny how nothing you highlighted here validates caffeine.  He also says he does not want people to think it was marijuana or a steroid, yet he fails to mention what it was.  

Couple that with ndsu disputing everything the family said, and refusing to comment on the banned substance....it makes anyone without turd colored glasses wonder.  

:whistling::lol: I said nothing about caffeine in my post to you. You keep bring up the family as the beacon of truth. Do you believe them or not? I do.

8 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Yes, you guys have dominated the FCS world since 2010, while we are barely on our feet. But give credit where credit is do, we have beaten you in recruiting battles in the past, and history will come full circle as is has before and we will beat you again in recruiting battles and the battle on the field. This year, next year, next decade we won't know until the games are played.  

The situation UND is in now is nothing like the D2 days in the 90's. Nobody cares about D2 FB. Who won the last 5 D2 titles? Don't google it, Nobody knows or cares. HS FB players know about NDSU's run, and not just kids in the region, even kids outside the region. Kids know about the NDSU QB that just signed a $128 million contract and they currently have 10 players in NFL camps. When your top in state commit says one of the best things about playing at UND is they get to play against NDSU every year, it isn't a good sign for UND. But UND can tell recruits they won a D2 title 20 years ago. And they had an TE go to the NFL 20 years ago. That always plays well with kids. 

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

Is that why UND tests their players?

I don't recall UND bragging up their internal piss test protocol like SU.  With budgets so tight, why have an extensive $$ internal testing program?  Is it all sports or just football, which could be more telling if it's just football.  But we'll never really know with the media in Fargo.  You guys cover and hide things so well it makes the Clintons envious!! 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Looks like it's now officially OK to brag about beating out D2 schools for recruits.  But, but they were "top D2 schools"....lol. 

This is a PWO offer over D2 scholly money since D2's cant offer PWO.  But if it makes you feel good go for it. NDSU has developed PWO's into NFL players. It is what good football programs do. Develop kids into better football players. Check out Gopherhole and see how many UND scholarship signees and commits in the past few years, including this year,  have only D2 offers as other offers. 

3 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I don't recall UND bragging up their internal piss test protocol like SU.  With budgets so tight, why have an extensive $$ internal testing program?  Is it all sports or just football, which could be more telling if it's just football.  But we'll never really know with the media in Fargo.  You guys cover and hide things so well it makes the Clintons envious!! 

Yep. Nobody would notice if a a kid wasn't playing in a playoff game and the media wouldn't wonder why.  And you are absolutely correct. UND would be wasting money they don't have in the FB budget with piss tests. They have no risk of an NCAA test and the Englestads would take it out of the coaches salary budget it they did the testing. 

24 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Yeah you go with that. :lol: The narratives you guys manufacture one would think you took creative writing.

FYI Including the information in an article is hardly bragging. But its nice to see you guys let your athletes get popped 3 times before doing anything.  Thats what I call being  on top of it .:tinfoilhat:

5 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Yep. Nobody would notice if a a kid wasn't playing in a playoff game and the media wouldn't wonder why.  And you are absolutely correct. UND would be wasting money they don't have in the FB budget with piss tests. They have no risk of an NCAA test and the Englestads would take it out of the coaches salary budget it they did the testing. 

You guys are really in the defensive tonight.   

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, homer said:

You guys are really in the defensive tonight.   

Why is it always  us being defensive when we post a reply? :)  But come on. You guys have been pretty touchy for a very long time now. At least since Mussman.

28 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Again, nobody does the hard hitting exposes like Miller and Nelson.  I am shocked Nelson in allowed at UND press conferences...

13 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Why is it always  us being defensive when we post a reply? :)  But come on. You guys have been pretty touchy for a very long time now. At least since Mussman.

The replies are funny.  That’s all.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

:whistling::lol: I said nothing about caffeine in my post to you. You keep bring up the family as the beacon of truth. Do you believe them or not? I do.

So you’re saying it wasn’t caffeine- several other turd posters claim it was.   If you know it wasn’t caffeine, and you know it wasn’t steroids, why don’t you just help put any controversy to rest by telling us exactly what it was?  

Oh, and include a link please.  

Thanks.