SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

Why did the Forum suddenly stop reporting on this anyway?  What was the substance, who gave it to him, who authorized it?  

Appears they once again stopped short of losing their practice access.  Waggin' the dog.

Come to think of it - why didn't the Forum reporters tell us Robbins was suspended for the championship game until hours before it started?  Rumor was spreading on Wednesday of game week.

11 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Siouxphan27.....you are spot on... no official statement REEKS of a cover up...I wonder how those donors and businesses all feel... certainly that natty trophy is tarnished a little, maybe a lot?

You mean the national championship that BR didn’t play in? 

13 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Siouxphan27.....you are spot on... no official statement REEKS of a cover up...I wonder how those donors and businesses all feel... certainly that natty trophy is tarnished a little, maybe a lot?

The legitimacy of their title run certainly has taken a blow with this cover up. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

The legitimacy of their title run certainly has taken a blow with this cover up. 

It hasn’t. Nobody outside of this forum has talked about this since January.

9 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

The lack of evidence is proof of the crime. 

Flawless logic.

That all depends on who is taking the test in the lockerroom.   Let's get 20 young freshman to test on a weekly basis.   Make sure not to test anyone on the two deep roster....  Not saying this happened, but I can bet it has happened in many football programs throughout the nation.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Nodak61 said:

That all depends on who is taking the test in the lockerroom.   Let's get 20 young freshman to test on a weekly basis.   Make sure not to test anyone on the two deep roster....  Not saying this happened, but I can bet it has happened in many football programs throughout the nation.

http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-institute/topics/frequently-asked-questions-about-drug-testing

NDSU doesn’t get to choose who gets tested. A roster is sent to Drug Free Sport and they randomly select the participants. This is the same program that UND and all other ncaa institutions use FYI. 

https://www.drugfreesport.com/

14 minutes ago, Nodak61 said:

Doesn't work for the playoffs. The playoff roster is limited to 60. The NCAA has a 3rd party randomly select 18 players from the roster to be tested per playoff game(a new random selection each game). Over the four playoff games of the 2018 season, NDSU was tested 72 times. You probably have similar odds of winning a lottery than to completely avoid the two-deep over that many tests.

I understand how the NCAA drug testing works.  Been a part of it.  I was wondering about NDSU's internal testing.   Also, just because it's a random 18, doesn't mean that any starters will get pulled.  Seen that first hand.  We had 1 started tested in the tests I was a part of.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Nodak61 said:

I understand how the NCAA drug testing works.  Been a part of it.  I was wondering about NDSU's internal testing.   Also, just because it's a random 18, doesn't mean that any starters will get pulled.  Seen that first hand.  We had 1 started tested in the tests I was a part of.  

I’ve been part of it too.

You’re talking about the internal testing.

I’m talking about the ncaa tests that occur in the playoffs. There’s no way around those.

Way to end it???? Have Juice U do a press release, and by this time an apology......

just involved in something locally that should have just been made public, come clean, no fault of ours, but now speculation.... better to be public first that private and delay stuff.... 

1 hour ago, Really? said:

Mama Sue, if you are not prepared to tell us who else was with you on the grassy knoll, please give it a rest.

Why do you get to decide who says what.  input from all sources is required for discourse, now respectful wordage is helpful but the thread is heavy on smack talk from rivals so even if it is difficult to determine honest items from stick poking I want to here anyone weigh in, even the bizun fruit loops...

37 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Well the Fargo Forum sure isn’t going to talk about it.    Kneepads firmly in place 

Oh, indeed.  The Fargo Forum is to the NDSU Bison what Pravda was to the Soviet Union.  :lol:

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Why did the Forum suddenly stop reporting on this anyway?  What was the substance, who gave it to him, who authorized it?  

Appears they once again stopped short of losing their practice access.  Waggin' the dog.

Come to think of it - why didn't the Forum reporters tell us Robbins was suspended for the championship game until hours before it started?  Rumor was spreading on Wednesday of game week.

They have stopped reporting on it because there's nothing to report. I suspect that -- off the record -- the press does know what substance was involved. If it was caffeine, as has been suggested here, there is no story.

Who cares about the timing of the Forum's reporting? Brock didn't play and NDSU won the game. It's very unlikely that reporting such a small matter sooner would have any difference.