SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

Sicatoka,

Your comments are absolutely pathetic and cross the line big time. I have no problem with someone advocating to rush the QB because they are injured but to target the injury specifically ? Put fucking trash. I was speaking with a former Bison player last night while I read about his comment. His first were that in the 5 years he played under Bohl and Babich he never was told to target a player's injury.

These comments are the main reason why I never wanted NDSU to schedule UND. Pure classless losers. 

LOL at this post.  

When does the memo go out that it is two hand touch on the Bison QB the rest of the season?

• Upvote 2

So you think one person's comments identify an entire program and fanbase? Even you aren't that stupid. I agree that targeting a player's injury would be a horrible thing to do, and I also agree that making that extra effort to rush the QB because they are injured makes sense. If a player is going to try to play injured, they are giving up a competitive advantage, and the defense will try to use that against them; but that also doesn't advocate intentionally going after that players injury.

I have to imagine Sic's comments on the "gator ankle death roll" were intended to be somewhat satirical, and if not then that is somewhat unfortunate. Either way, let not generalize an entire fanbase on a single comment, which may or may not have been taken out of context; then take it to the next step and base your entire opinion of scheduling a specific school on that same individual comment. It is simply putting way to much stock in a message board post.

That being said, it is a fast paced game, and depending on where Wentz is with the high ankle sprain, he certainly is taking a risk going out there if he is not 100%. I can't imagine the coaching staff would EVER actually direct players to intentionally try to go after an injury. You probably need to calm down a bit on this one.

I never said I would have a problem with coaches rushing a QB when he is hobbled. I have a gigantic problem with targeting the injury itself.

It isnt satire if you follow up your comments with a post stating how targeting an injury is common practice and acceptable . Pure trash.

Edited by 2011BisonAlumni

I never said I would have a problem with coaches rushing a QB when he is hobbled. I have a gigantic problem with targeting the injury itself.

It isnt satire if you follow up your comments with a post stating how targeting an injury is common practice and acceptable . Pure trash.

Again, two hand touch is what is acceptable or is it only tackle above the waist ?

I see it now, when Wentz plays if any tackle is made below the waste the Bison faithful will be claiming targeting and it was a cheap shot.  Even though actually tackling below the waist is legal.  If your scared of him re-injuring it, he better stay on the sidelines. 

Edited by homer
  • Upvote 2

Read my post, I agreed with what you said about rushing a QB. And I didn't click on the link, but generally when someone writes a post addressed to a coach, ON A MESSAGE BOARD, it is meant to be satirical. Do you think Sic really posted it there to get the attention of a coach so that they could implement it?

There are a lot of reasons to dislike an opposing fan base, but I really think you are stretching here. I'm sure if you ask anyone one this message board how that really feel about coaches, programs or players who target injuries there would be an overwhelming response against it. And if you do get a poster who says that is an acceptable way to get an edge, that says more about that poster than it does about you, me or either program. As long as it isn't the coach saying it, who cares?

Every fan base, in every sport, has some morons that would actually want to see opposing players get hurt (Yes, even NDSU). But who cares, just ignore them. I've run into some really stupid NDSU fans, it certainly isn't reflective of the entire fan base or the program. I've also met plenty of awesome Bison fans. People I can't wait to see and hang out with during tailgating in Fargo.

Again, two hand touch is what is acceptable or is it only tackle above the waist ?

I see it now, when Wentz plays if any tackle is made below the waste the Bison faithful will be claiming targeting and it was a cheap shot.  Even though actually tackling below the waist is legal.  If your scared of him re-injuring it, he better stay on the sidelines. 

I don't think that is what he was saying. It is pretty clear to see the difference between playing the game hard, and targeting an injury. Just go back to the Vikings/Saints game with Brett Favre.

I think the bigger argument here, is that one persons post (which I took to be satirical) doesn't represent everyone. If players go out and hit hard, and Wentz get re-injured, that is a risk that Wentz and the coaching staff take. If Wentz gets injured because UND is diving at his ankles every single play and hitting late, that is a seperate issue. I don't think this is going to be the case, and I think one satirical post is being taken completely out of context and completely blow out of proportion.

It isn't satire if you follow up your post with another post defending your comment and saying how it is "normal". That isn't satire.

I get that this is just a message board, but that is a moderator on your board advocating that UND target Wentz's ankle, specifically. He didn't just say "I hope we pressure him because he is injured". Would be fine with him saying that. He made the death gator ankle roll comment and then followed up with how that is fine to do providing examples of other dirty teams doing it.

Pure trash. Go back and read his follow up post and see if you find satire in it.

The FargoU faithful have already made multiple claims UND was going to play dirty despite zero evidence to back it up. This is only going to exacerbate their preconceived notions.

Always the victim, it's never their fault....

• Upvote 1

I don't have a problem with UND fans wanting to target Wentz injury in the football game. 

I'm pretty sure NDSU fans are going to want to target UND's injured football vajayjay  in the game (which is probably more likely to happen).

Anyone find the humor that there are Bison posters on here talking trash about UND lacking class, then other Bison posters posting this nonsense (stay classy.

Just makes my point that one person's post does not speak for an entire fanbase.

Class?  LMAO

We're talking about a hated football game between 2 in state rivals.

Right? Which is why I didn't understand when someone came in hear talking about class based on 1 satirical post. That being said, even with a hated rivalry, I would never advocate for any player on any team to intentionally injure another player. Personally, I hope Wentz plays against UND, and I hope he has a terrible game, but I certainly don't want to see a kids get injured (especially intentionally). The kid has draft potential and NFL size, so I would like to see him stay healthy for his own future. 

Class?  LMAO

We're talking about a hated football game between 2 in state rivals.

I don't care how much I hate UND. I would never advocate for NDSU players to specifically target the injured part of a player's body. Ever. Not saying that they should avoid it, but specifically target it ? Wow. Go back and read Sic's follow up post. He stated that he had no problem with a team targeting the injury on a player. 

Like it or not, these message boards are what a lot of people use to base their opinion of a fan base on. The moderator on your board is openly advocating that UND target the injured part of Wentz's body. That is pure trash.

I don't care how much I hate UND. I would never advocate for NDSU players to specifically target the injured part of a player's body. Ever. Not saying that they should avoid it, but specifically target it ? Wow. Go back and read Sic's follow up post. He stated that he had no problem with a team targeting the injury on a player. 

Like it or not, these message boards are what a lot of people use to base their opinion of a fan base on. The moderator on your board is openly advocating that UND target the injured part of Wentz's body. That is pure trash.

Sampson said the same thing, he has no issue with players targeting an injury. Point is every fan base has people on both sides of the argument. Personally, I agree with you; I am NEVER for intentionally going after someone direct injury. If it happens, then it happens, but to go out with the intent of injuring or re-injuring a player is just seems wrong.

It isn't satire if you follow up your post with another post defending your comment and saying how it is "normal". That isn't satire.

I get that this is just a message board, but that is a moderator on your board advocating that UND target Wentz's ankle, specifically. He didn't just say "I hope we pressure him because he is injured". Would be fine with him saying that. He made the death gator ankle roll comment and then followed up with how that is fine to do providing examples of other dirty teams doing it.

Pure trash. Go back and read his follow up post and see if you find satire in it.

Read some of your own post before you point the finger at other people being trash.

• Upvote 2

I thought Fargo was a "tough guy" town?  If you want to squeal (a common sound heard at the ag school), go back to your dish at BV.  NEWS FLASH!!!!  Believe it or not, this is a message board and has no ties to a coaches game planning.  Injuries get targeted.  It happens in football and hockey.  Not saying it's gonna happen this time, not saying it's the right thing to do, but it happens and coaches know it.  That's why it is important for them to protect their players that are vulnerable.

Watch sports. Carefully. You'll see that extra little shove from the defender (while getting up) on the shoulder of a sacked QB who's in his first game back from a shoulder problem. You'll see that extra whack on the glove of the centerman (with a bad thumb) taking a draw. 

It's the reality of the game. 

• Upvote 1

Folks, the "extra effort" to rush an immobile QB due to injury is ... targeting the injury. 

In a sense, but there is forcing the QB to hurry on an injured ankle, then there is actively trying to dive at, or attack, that same ankle. I guess the best way to look at it is if the intent is to force the QB to be uncomfortable (ex. run or scramble on a bad ankle) OR is the intent to re-aggravate, re-injure, or extend the injury of the player.

I think there is a pretty obvious difference, and what is acceptable vs what is not is pretty common sense. Unfortunately, it seems like some posters don't understand this. If you are walking on the field with a sole purpose of injuring someone, you have no business out there.

Folks, the "extra effort" to rush an immobile QB due to injury is ... targeting the injury. 

Your example was Tony Romo and tackling the shoulders , which is poor technique, instead of wrapping up at the waist, despite having the ability to  tackle the waist, which is how it should be done.

You advocated the coaches teaching the death ankle roll after a tackle and then made the Tony Romo example. Now you are backtracking by this simple rushing the QB comment. Hilarious.

I hope to God you never coach kids in football. 

• Downvote 2

Sicatoka,

Your comments are absolutely pathetic and cross the line big time. I have no problem with someone advocating to rush the QB because they are injured but to target the injury specifically ? Put fucking trash. I was speaking with a former Bison player last night while I read about his comment. His first were that in the 5 years he played under Bohl and Babich he never was told to target a player's injury.

These comments are the main reason why I never wanted NDSU to schedule UND. Pure classless losers. 

:lol: