2015-2016 NHL Season

iluvdebbies

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Article on the Flyers first win.Love the below excerpt, describes Hak perfectly. Except they will learn that Hak does not get giddy. I could probably count on one hand how many times I saw that man smile in 10 years.

With all the emotion of an FBI director, Hakstol emoted thus:

"Winning's what we're here for."

Wild man.

He must have been a little bit giddy. For a team that declared itself playoff worthy, with a front office that pledged the team would not begin a third season in a hole, it was as must-win as a third game can be . . . even depleted.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20151013_Flyers_meeting_expectations_in_home_opener.html

Mike Milbury pretty much just took a major shot at Hak. Hasn't paid his dues, didn't come up through the AHL ranks, doesn't belong here. "These aren't college kids who say yes sir,no sir. These are pros who will tell you where to  go."  He evidently doesn't know Mr. Hakstol very well.

Edited by runaroundsioux

Does Milbury understand the non-sense he just spouted? Using his logic, no FB or BB coach should go from college to the pros either. 

Milbury is afraid that Hakstol might be successful in coming from the college ranks and what that would show.  

• Upvote 1

Does Milbury understand the non-sense he just spouted? Using his logic, no FB or BB coach should go from college to the pros either. 

Milbury is afraid that Hakstol might be successful in coming from the college ranks and what that would show.  

Milbury is one of those "This is my opinion and everything else is wrong and that will never change" guys.  Unless I agree with him, I almost always end up saying "what a prick!" when he's on.