SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 NHL Season

iluvdebbies

Anyone ever purchase NHL Gamecenter?

curious on any thoughts also...want to somewhat follow the Flyers this season.

From Midcontinent its NHL Center Ice..

Really enjoyed it when I had it (Midco NHL Center Ice).  I haven't bought the last couple of years as I knew I wouldn't be home to watch enough games to justify it.  If you'll be around to make use of it, I highly recommend it.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really enjoyed it when I had it (Midco NHL Center Ice).  I haven't bought the last couple of years as I knew I wouldn't be home to watch enough games to justify it.  If you'll be around to make use of it, I highly recommend it.

Thought this was interesting...

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2015/6/15/8783249/nhl-tv-settlement-settlement-game-center-live

Anyone ever purchase NHL Gamecenter?

I got NHL Gamecenter last season for the first time. I went with Center Ice through Midco for the past 8 years prior but got tired of having to watch most games is standard definition. With Gamecenter I just stream games on my TV with Apple TV and every game is in HD. The nice thing is I can watch games on my iPad and iPhone when I'm not at home or if my wife is watching something else on TV.

I had a chance to watch some of the Bruins vs. Rangers pre-season game last night.  The Rangers won 3-2, but they still did a 3 on 3 overtime to "try it out", much like what's going to happen at the Ralph vs. Manitoba this weekend.  I must say, I'm not sure if it was because they haven't had much experience with the 3 on 3 OT or if it was because the rosters were half AHL guys or what, but the OT was HORRIBLE. 

The Rangers had a 2 on 1 break and the Bruins D and first backchecker retrieved the puck and moved it up to their Forward going the other way.  He was then on a 1 on 2 with no help.  It was sloppy, slow...just junk.  Add to the fact that they switch ends so the benches are on the far ends, the line changes were sloppy as well and led to half-assed, slow, odd man opportunities.

The Bruins also got a penalty in OT, and since you can't go down to 2 men on the ice, the Rangers added a player for a 4 on 3 PP.  When the Bruins player came out of the box, it was then 4 on 4 until the first whistle, when they then went back to 3 on 3.

Overall, huge thumbs down to the 3 on 3 OT.  We'll see how it goes this weekend at the Sioux game, but I'm not overly optimistic.

I didn't realize that they had so many rodents on their team. But they also have a Badger, a Sioux, Bulldog and a Terrier.

Leak in the Wild organization leads to the 2015-2016 "trade wish list" being submitted to me today via e-mail:

#5)  Nick Leddy

#4)  Alex Goligosky

#3)  Blake Wheeler

#2)  Nick Bjugstad

#1)  Kyle Okposo

• Upvote 2

I thought my DirecTV NHL Center Ice was supposed to be cheaper this year, but it seems to be the same price. 

Yes, it should be cheaper.  How much are you paying?  Little hint...I called DirecTV yesterday and mine is MUCH cheaper this year! :)

(35.00 X Payments = 140.00) What did you say to lower your bill?

Was it that price last year?  For some reason I thought it was more last year and this rate was a lower rate?

I'm not sure how, but mine didn't renew automatically, so on my last bill I wasn't charged for the package.  I called them yesterday to ask why it wasn't on and then I just asked them what is the lowest rate they could offer this to me for, and I got it for half price (4 payments @ $17).

Was it that price last year?  For some reason I thought it was more last year and this rate was a lower rate?

I'm not sure how, but mine didn't renew automatically, so on my last bill I wasn't charged for the package.  I called them yesterday to ask why it wasn't on and then I just asked them what is the lowest rate they could offer this to me for, and I got it for half price (4 payments @ $17).

Last season, I read somewhere it 159.00 that could be right. And that price is awesome.

• Downvote 1