iluvdebbies

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By Michael Russo

The Mike Reilly sweepstakes are coming to an end this afternoon and unless something backfires, he will be signing with the Wild.

Wild General Manager Chuck Fletcher is currently meeting with agent Mike Liut to continue negotiations toward potentially a Devan Dubnyk deal. Agent Todd Diamond, Mikael Granlund's agent, is waiting in the lobby to meet with Fletcher next.

But in other much-anticipated news, sources tell me agent Pat Brisson is expected to call Fletcher this afternoon with the news that Reilly has chosen the Wild. He can not officially sign until Wednesday.

Again, unless something backfires (I keep saying that because Reilly's camp has not informed the Wild yet), Reilly is expected to agree to a two-year, $1.85 million deal (plus bonuses) with the Wild, sources say.

The former Gophers defenseman, who became a free agent June 16 when he didn't sign with the Columbus Blue Jackets, was the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and a Hobey Baker finalist.

The Chicago-born, Minnesota-raised Reilly chose the Wild over the Chicago Blackhawks, Los Angeles Kings and Pittsburgh Penguins. He met with 10 teams at the recent combine.

Reilly’s dad, Mike, is a minority investor with the Wild’s ownership group.

After dealing Lucic and Hamilton, suddenly BOS has the 13th, 14th, and 15th picks in the first round, and Marty Jones.

Think that's enough to get the 2nd overall pick away from BUF so they can go "Mauer" and keep the hometown boy (Eichel) in BOS?

I'm not sure why else BOS loaded up like that. Or has BOS gotten that old and this is their trigger to youth for the future.

After dealing Lucic and Hamilton, suddenly BOS has the 13th, 14th, and 15th picks in the first round, and Marty Jones.

Think that's enough to get the 2nd overall pick away from BUF so they can go "Mauer" and keep the hometown boy (Eichel) in BOS?

I'm not sure why else BOS loaded up like that. Or has BOS gotten that old and this is their trigger to youth for the future.

No way on the second, maybe 3rd so they can get Hanafin.

Looks like they are working with Arizona to get Hanifin.

You don't trade Dougie Hamilton if you're trying to get younger and better.

As the events unfolded yesterday I had friends constantly checking in on me to make sure I wasn't physically harming myself. Have I mentioned before that the Bruins should have never got rid of Chiarelli?

Or Boychuk....

Or Boychuk....

How true. That was the beginning of it all...and that was under Chiarelli. I just don't know what to think anymore! I went from thinking that missing the playoffs last year (barely) would be a blip on the radar to now thinking that it might be a few years till they make it back.

I heard that one on Gopher Puck Live. You may be spending too much time there.

Actually, as a fan of the Red Wings, I just happen to have watched a lot of Detroit/Chicago games. It's hilarious listening to Roenick, Milbury, etc. ramble on and on about Chicago's always-loyal hockey fans. It wasn't all that long ago that they were practically giving away Blackhawks tickets with $5 Little Caesar's pizzas.

Actually, as a fan of the Red Wings, I just happen to have watched a lot of Detroit/Chicago games. It's hilarious listening to Roenick, Milbury, etc. ramble on and on about Chicago's always-loyal hockey fans. It wasn't all that long ago that they were practically giving away Blackhawks tickets with $5 Little Caesar's pizzas.

Pizza?

I'm sure if Detroit ever does something in the playoffs again.....we will hear the same sort of ramblings about Detroit. The "experts" tend to go overboard about teams that are doing well.....you know 3 out of six.

I'm sure if Detroit ever does something in the playoffs again.....we will hear the same sort of ramblings about Detroit. The "experts" tend to go overboard about teams that are doing well.....you know 3 out of six.

Going overboard is one thing...JR bawling on national TV like a schoolgirl who skinned her knee at recess is another.

What is the story about Chris Pronger being retired but not being retired?

It has something to do with his contract, he is still collecting $.  He is retired but can't retire or he would be throwing away a ton of money.  I believe there is one more year.

It has something to do with his contract, he is still collecting $. He is retired but can't retire or he would be throwing away a ton of money. I believe there is one more year.

"Active" players cannot also be employees of the NHL. Chris Pronger has not officially retired, yet he works for the NHL while still on the Flyers payroll. My guess is that this is a wink-wink deal to keep the NHL safe from a concussion lawsuit brought forth by Pronger.

"Active" players cannot also be employees of the NHL. Chris Pronger has not officially retired, yet he works for the NHL while still on the Flyers payroll. My guess is that this is a wink-wink deal to keep the NHL safe from a concussion lawsuit brought forth by Pronger.

He was traded to the Coyotes.