SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were 7 (vote!)

jimdahl

Which remaining names are acceptable  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Which could you live with? (vote more than one)

• Fighting Hawks
    • Green Hawks
    • Nodaks
    • North Dakota
    • North Stars
    • Roughriders
    • Sundogs

I'll put something together tomorrow with the correct color and some text changes for you guys and gals

Technically, that is the correct color. My implementation of it makes it look pixelated so it looks terrible. 

But yes, I'd like to see what someone with real tools and real art skills can do with it. 

UND_RR_Flag.jpg

I didn't really want to take the time to change up the font for the E Pluribus Unium.  I took the eagle and banners from the Roughrider flag but the stars and random yellow thing at the top from the ND flag

When I look at that, I instantly think "Roughriders"!! :)    I'll pass/

UND_RR_Flag.jpg

I didn't really want to take the time to change up the font for the E Pluribus Unium.  I took the eagle and banners from the Roughrider flag but the stars and random yellow thing at the top from the ND flag

Replace the yellow stars and top thingy with white and it has potential for an alternative jersery or perhaps a shoulder patch.  And replacing e pluribus unum with Lux et Lex sounds good to me.

UND_RR_Flag.jpg

Excellent.  Love it.

When I look at that, I instantly think "Roughriders"!! :)    I'll pass/

Here's some minor adjustments:

ND_SD_Flag.jpg

I made sure to include a green sundog background to help appease some folks and the interlocking ND logo for those who just want to stay North Dakota.

• Upvote 1

Here's some minor adjustments:

ND_SD_Flag.jpg

I made sure to include a green sundog background to help appease some folks and the interlocking ND logo for those who just want to stay North Dakota.

Make that eagle on Teddy's shoulder into a green hawk with boxing gloves and everybody will be satisfied. 

• Upvote 1

UND_RR_Flag.jpg

I didn't really want to take the time to change up the font for the E Pluribus Unium. I took the eagle and banners from the Roughrider flag but the stars and random yellow thing at the top from the ND flag

Big thumbs up!

Roll Ridas!

• Upvote 2

Replace the yellow stars and top thingy with white and it has potential for an alternative jersery or perhaps a shoulder patch.  

Agree. 

And replacing e pluribus unum with Lux et Lex sounds good to me.

Agree, but who else understands why. ;)

Think out of the box artistically for the Logo

At first I liked Rough Riders.  Now I hate it.  How would the Logo look? Maybe a Teddy Bear or Green and Black with a green shirted cowboy on a black horse?  Or a cavalry officer in those colors.  No no no.   Been thinking of Fighting Hawks more and more.  A black hawk's head with green eyes beautifully  captured by a good artist.  Maybe even a green beak.  A thatch of white feathers?  I dunno but the design is endless. Look at the Jacksonville Jags, colors gold and teal with the jaguars head gold and the tongue and eyes teal. Very sharp!

Even he hockey team would love hearing "Go Hawks, go hawks."

Think out of the box artistically for the Logo

Look at the Jacksonville Jags, colors gold and teal with the jaguars head gold and the tongue and eyes teal. Very sharp!

By citing JAX and their color mess disaster of a logo you have formally DQ'd yourself from ever mentioning logos or colors again. :D
  • Upvote 1