SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were 7 (vote!)

jimdahl

Which remaining names are acceptable  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Which could you live with? (vote more than one)

• Fighting Hawks
    • Green Hawks
    • Nodaks
    • North Dakota
    • North Stars
    • Roughriders
    • Sundogs

bigskyvikes, are you a fan of being just "North Dakota" because :

A)  By being "North Dakota" and not having a nickname, UND will unnoficially be known as the Fighting Sioux and you can still reference them as such

B) You are a stubborn "Fighting Sioux Forever" fan who refuses to move on from the old name

C) You are a hockey only fan that doesn't want UND to have a new logo that will replace the Fighting Sioux logo on your jersey

D) You want UND to risk not fullfilling the settlement agreement with the NCAA that no one has asked if UND would be violating by staying just North Dakota

E)  All of the above

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

bigskyvikes, are you a fan of being just "North Dakota" because :

A) By being "North Dakota" and not having a nickname, UND will unnoficially be known as the Fighting Sioux and you can still reference them as such

B) You are a stubborn "Fighting Sioux Forever" fan who refuses to move on from the old name

C) You are a hockey only fan that doesn't want UND to have a new logo that will replace the Fighting Sioux logo on your jersey

D) You want UND to risk not fullfilling the settlement agreement with the NCAA that no one has asked if UND would be violating by staying just North Dakota

E) All of the above

Lol....yep, you guys are so predictable!

Anyone who doesn't agree with you wants to harm the college, wants trouble from the NCAA, (this makes me laugh the most at yours and others desperation) hockey only fan, and cannot let go of the Sioux name!

You couldn't be more wrong about it/me...

We will see what happens, stay tuned!

Women's basketball is a big thing in our house, and I love football, see my moniker.

• Upvote 2

Anyone who doesn't agree with you wants to harm the college, wants trouble from the NCAA, (this makes me laugh the most at yours and others desperation) hockey only fan, and cannot let go of the Sioux name!

Women's basketball is a big thing in our house, and I love football, see my moniker.

I'm a fan of the Roughrider name, but that has no influence in this comment (as in, I'm not suggesting you're not a real fan), but when I first saw your moniker, I thought it was a visitor from Portland State on the board. Your posts gave me the crooked confused dog look until I figured out that out that you weren't.

OK, so let me add another choice for you:

F) Other.  and please explain your reason.

Did someone say "big player" and "true stakeholder"? 

May I introduce 6'1", UND volleyball outside hitter Chelsea Moser. Big. Player. Stakeholder. 

"Saying we're going to be North Dakota to me means saying we're going to stay the Fighting Sioux." -- Chelsea Moser, quite possibly the most honest person on the committee. 

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I'm a fan of the Roughrider name, but that has no influence in this comment (as in, I'm not suggesting you're not a real fan), but when I first saw your moniker, I thought it was a visitor from Portland State on the board. Your posts gave me the crooked confused dog look until I figured out that out that you weren't.

Lol, highschool nickname blended with my favorite football team...

• Upvote 1

OK, so let me add another choice for you:

F) Other. and please explain your reason.

First off, your reasons why someone wants to remain ND is pathetic. You and others here should be in politics!

No matter what I say you will blame it on one of your answers, with that said.

I want ND only as my first choice because we then don't have to explain our favorite teams the...RR, Sundogs, whatever it is, from where? Never heard of em?

It honors our past, by not what it looks like, forcing a different name on us to hide forever the best name in all sports, The Fighting Sioux!

EVERYONE already knows who the UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA is!

My second choice is RR. I would be a fan of this if it happens and I would add the new jerseys to my closet.

See no doom and gloom from me, I'm happy either way, more than I can say for a FEW of you!

• Upvote 1

First off, your reasons why someone wants to remain ND is pathetic. You and others here should be in politics!

No matter what I say you will blame it on one of your answers, with that said.

I want ND only as my first choice because we then don't have to explain our favorite teams the...RR, Sundogs, whatever it is, from where? Never heard of em?

It honors our past, by not what it looks like, forcing a different name on us to hide forever the best name in all sports, The Fighting Sioux!

EVERYONE already knows who the UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA is!

My second choice is RR. I would be a fan of this if it happens and I would add the new jerseys to my closet.

See no doom and gloom from me, I'm happy either way, more than I can say for a FEW of you!

You mean everyone will know that the U?niversity of North Dakota is the only school without a nickname.  "The team formerly known as the Fighting Sioux".  The school where some people refer to the teams as North Dakota, some refer to them as the Sioux, some just yell "let's go guys/girls" at games.  Is this the identity you want UND to have?

• Upvote 1

You mean everyone will know that the U?niversity of North Dakota is the only school without a nickname. "The team formerly known as the Fighting Sioux". The school where some people refer to the teams as North Dakota, some refer to them as the Sioux, some just yell "let's go guys/girls" at games. Is this the identity you want UND to have?

Whatever you say....lol

Like I said....predictable.

You mean everyone will know that the U?niversity of North Dakota is the only school without a nickname.  "The team formerly known as the Fighting Sioux".  The school where some people refer to the teams as North Dakota, some refer to them as the Sioux, some just yell "let's go guys/girls" at games.  Is this the identity you want UND to have?

Well. when you put it like that.....works for me

Willing to take on a new name when one that isn't brutal comes along......hasn't happened in this process unfortunately.

Any name that is discussed and chosen is going to be considered brutal by some group of people.  Having no nickname is brutal to a lot of people.

• Upvote 1

No knock here, but that's what I thought too.

Portland State Vikings in the Big Sky Conference. Why wouldn't we think that?

My first thought was Big Sky fan and then MN Vikes fan. My mind associates Vikes with MN and not PSU. I got you, Vikes :)

Just so Vikes doesn't feel singled out... Anyone wanna over analyze my name? Lol

• Upvote 1

My first thought was Big Sky fan and then MN Vikes fan. My mind associates Vikes with MN and not PSU. I got you, Vikes :)

Just so Vikes doesn't feel singled out... Anyone wanna over analyze my name? Lol

Living in Colorado, I don't think of the Minnesota Vikings that much.

Your moniker, however, would fit right in here. Lol