SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were 7 (vote!)

jimdahl

Which remaining names are acceptable  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Which could you live with? (vote more than one)

• Fighting Hawks
    • Green Hawks
    • Nodaks
    • North Dakota
    • North Stars
    • Roughriders
    • Sundogs

This is the only place I have seen or heard support for roughriders.

You and Fetch need to get out of the RRHS commons for day.......it is summer for goodness sake!! ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Being UND is a public institution every tax payer gets a vote ....not that that is a good thing for the final name

As messed up as this whole thing has been I hope sundogs wins to see the meltdown & attempts to stop it

You and Fetch need to get out of the RRHS commons for day.......it is summer for goodness sake!! ;)

everyone knows you want roughriders oxbow, your daily posts are nauseating. I simply said I don't hear too much support for rr outside of this forum.  just because I don't profess my love for rr everyday, multiple times a day doesn't mean I don't care what the nickname will be.  I havent even posted the choice I hope for over a month.  you can't say the same.

Being UND is a public institution every tax payer gets a vote ....not that that is a good thing for the final name

As messed up as this whole thing has been I hope sundogs wins to see the meltdown & attempts to stop it

So, as a casual fan, what you are admitting is that you don't have the univerity's best interest at heart. You would prefer that more harm comes to the university and that vindictiveness is at the core of your desires.

everyone knows you want roughriders oxbow, your daily posts are nauseating. I simply said I don't hear too much support for rr outside of this forum. just because I don't profess my love for rr everyday, multiple times a day doesn't mean I don't care what the nickname will be. I havent even posted the choice I hope for over a month. you can't say the same.

You're a GF guy and RRHS supporter.....there is life outside the bubble you live in. Explore it!

• Upvote 1

everyone knows you want roughriders oxbow, your daily posts are nauseating. I simply said I don't hear too much support for rr outside of this forum. just because I don't profess my love for rr everyday, multiple times a day doesn't mean I don't care what the nickname will be. I havent even posted the choice I hope for over a month. you can't say the same.

So, we haven't heard your support for xxxx inside or outside of this forum.

And your big gripe is that someone supports Roughriders and your sick of hearing about it. But, you haven't heard anyone support Roughriders. ..but you're sick of the support you are hearing.

You're a GF guy and RRHS supporter.....there is life outside the bubble you live in. Explore it!

You act like I bash the rr nickname daily, I don't.  it is actually tied for third on my listing, I voted for it on this forum. I just poke fun here and there with you guys going back and forth with all your "facts".  you're a little too intense oxbow.  I'll back out of this one.

You act like I bash the rr nickname daily, I don't. it is actually tied for third on my listing. I just poke fun here and there with you guys going back and forth with all your "facts". you're a little too intense oxbow. I'll back out of this one.

Come clean....what is your choice of the 7 left then again? I'm too lazy to go back a month and reread posts.

Come clean then.....what is your choice of the 7 left then?

1.  no nickname (this was done too fast and I am not a huge fan of any of the remaining names)

2. North Stars (or some other variation)

3.roughriders, tied with fighting hawks, but barely

4. Nodaks

7. Sundogs (shouldn't even be 7 because it is unacceptable)

Let the bashing begin. Remember personal opinion only guys.

Here's a reality some haven't fully realized yet.

Chelsea Moser killed the "no nickname" possibility.

How? By stating what we all know ... publicly.

There is no way Dr. Kelley will allow "no nickname" to happen after this:

"Saying we're going to be North Dakota to me means saying we're going to stay the Fighting Sioux." -- Chelsea Moser

It might have survived to the final seven, but there's no way I see Dr. Kelley allowing that outcome.

1. no nickname (this was done too fast and I am not a huge fan of any of the remaining names)

Let the bashing begin.

No nickname....I could easily deal with that. Just don't see this whole process ending with that final result.

North Stars.....I could accept and live with that too.

No Hawks of any kind for me though.

No nickname....I could easily deal with that. Just don't see this whole process ending with that final result.

North Stars.....I could accept and live with that too.

No Hawks of any kind for me though.

Well we agree on some things then;)

"Saying we're going to be North Dakota to me means saying we're going to stay the Fighting Sioux." -- Chelsea Moser

It might have survived to the final seven, but there's no way I see Dr. Kelley allowing that outcome.

Stop.......you explaining this "fact" repeatedly is "nauseating".

So we are down to 6..........

Stop.......you explaining this "fact" repeatedly is "nauseating".

Absolutely.

Repeating facts makes me mad and then I'd prefer to kick down the sandcastle and storm out of the sandbox.

Then I hope none of the kids can play!!!

Whaaaaaa!!!

Or.. as I call it...the no nickname vote.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Unless something dramatically changed, the finalist should come from these 4.

RR

North Stars

Sundogs

Nodaks

Could be anything from 2 to 4. They say its not binding of their rankings, but I think its more truth telling than anything. Remember, a 2 vote swing would have eliminated green hawk, fighting hawk and no nickname.

If any of those 3 made it ill be moderately surprised. How much they want to cut will be the million dollar question.

Unless something dramatically changed, the finalist should come from these 4.

RR

North Stars

Sundogs

Nodaks

Could be anything from 2 to 4. They say its not binding of their rankings, but I think its more truth telling than anything. Remember, a 2 vote swing would have eliminated green hawk, fighting hawk and no nickname.

If any of those 3 made it ill be moderately surprised. How much they want to cut will be the million dollar question.

I'd like to see Sundogs vanish.

• Upvote 1

1. no nickname (this was done too fast and I am not a huge fan of any of the remaining names)

4. Nodaks

Done too fast? LOL.

So an opinion letter to the herald cements it? Lmao!

I may have to write an opinion letter this next week....hahahaha

4. Nodaks

Very close for me also, I have,

1) same

2) your #3

3) your #2

4) something Hawks