SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were 7 (vote!)

jimdahl

Which remaining names are acceptable  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Which could you live with? (vote more than one)

• Fighting Hawks
    • Green Hawks
    • Nodaks
    • North Dakota
    • North Stars
    • Roughriders
    • Sundogs

I don't like Sun Dogs as much as anyone but this wlole idea of a nickname instilling fear in opponents has me intrigued. Does that really even happen because of a nickname or is it the calibre of play from one's opponents that instills the fear or lack there of? I mean c'mon, Gophers? Jackrabbits? I'm shaking in my boots at the mere sound of them! ?

Every time I read gopher I want to go out and shoot one, due to the mess they're making in my back yard. Actually it's ground squirrels, but a rodent by any name is still a rodent. There must be a place for them, just not my place.

Every time I read gopher I want to go out and shoot one, due to the mess they're making in my back yard. Actually it's ground squirrels, but a rodent by any name is still a rodent. There must be a place for them, just not my place.

Your name isn't Carl Spackler, is it?  :D

• Upvote 1

Do you ever think that God is punishing us with the threat of "Sundogs" because of all those dead Richardson's ground squirrels we threw at Minnesota goalies?

And the occasional badger when Wisco came to town ... or so I've heard ... :whistling:

Do you ever think that God is punishing us with the threat of "Sundogs" because of all those dead Richardson's ground squirrels we threw at Minnesota goalies?

I could freeze a bunch if anyone want to take them to thejohn this year.

No guns in town Sprig. :)

got to get a few pellets in the air at least. If I could only scatter gun the little devils

Ha, my neighbor blasts rabbits with his air rifle as well. I have two Labs and they keep the yard clean. 

OK, so where's the UND green ("pantone 347" is the official shade) version of that flag with the bottom words being "University of North Dakota". 

It's on its way!

Roll Ridas!

Too long. 

8pe0y.gif

Yeah, yeah, I was too lazy to update the bottom wording. 

Yes, I suck at doing this... I tried to get it done, but failed.   (What program did you use?)

I went as simple as possible: MSPaint.

I created a custom color based on the RGB of Pantone 347.

I made that the main pen color, selected the paint bucket icon (fill) and "poured" green over blue. 

Then I uploaded to a free (and anonymous) file share site to link here. 

Roughrider mascots "for the children" are already built in:

And then there's the "Captain Obvious" answer: wire-rimmed glasses and Stetson hat wearing ... TEDDY bears.

And here's your already-on-campus Roughrider "war eagle":

LAFRWLAYCEYBZLH.20130619201445.jpg

What is that statue?

Colonel Eugene E. Myers, University of North Dakota (UND) alumnus and benefactor, commissioned the Soaring Eagle Statue by Turtle Mountain Chippewa artist Bennett Brien. The statue was installed fall 2000 along the University's busiest sidewalks and under the watchful eyes of two bald eagles soaring overhead. The statue, which depicts an eagle lifting off a dead tree, was a gift from Colonel Meyers to UND students. It was a gift becoming many gifts in return.

Yes a Colonel gave that to UND. (I believe Col. Myers was USAF however.) 

I went as simple as possible: MSPaint.

I created a custom color based on the RGB of Pantone 347.

I made that the main pen color, selected the paint bucket icon (fill) and "poured" green over blue.

Then I uploaded to a free (and anonymous) file share site to link here.

Thanks. Something to play with.