SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Sports TV Options

siouxfan512

2 hours ago, gfhockey said:

I’ve been told by the head guy at midco pat or whatever his name was when he was suite level one game und hockey dwarfs all average

when usd play sdsu in football or ndsu vs sdsu in football those games come very close 

I do think a lot of people in forks and surrounding area only have midco for the sports 

if they lost und they would lose lots of subscribers

but they called chaves bluff

Do you know the initial offer?  I actually think UND putting it to bid works in their favor for the reasons you mention above.  Obviously Midco knows how important it is to their viewership.  Easy way out would have been just renewing and taking a Midco offer.  

8 minutes ago, homer said:

Do you know the initial offer?  I actually think UND putting it to bid works in their favor for the reasons you mention above.  Obviously Midco knows how important it is to their viewership.  Easy way out would have been just renewing and taking a Midco offer.  

If midco knows all the other networks can’t handle them

low ball them

majority if ads on midco non sporting events are companies in SD

4 hours ago, nodak651 said:

UND also built a website that makes finding current proposal requests super easy: https://bids.sciquest.com/apps/Router/PublicEvent?CustomerOrg=UND

This is the official state website, which is also very good.  You can sort proposal requests by organization and date, and this one includes more archived and expired proposal requests, and it is also easier to find the associated documents/descriptions.  https://apps.nd.gov/csd/spo/services/bidder/searchSolicitation.htm

I wouldn't be surprised to see it show up here, as UND seems to do a good job of actually posting this stuff publicly.  This is how I found the non finalized plans for phase two of the HPC.  Proposal requests for things like football championship rings, athletics charter flights, and uniforms suppliers have also been posted there.

But wouldn't Learfield be the one who handles all of this instead of UND? I don't recall how long UND's contract with them goes but I assume this is a big part of what they are being paid for. 

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

But wouldn't Learfield be the one who handles all of this instead of UND? I don't recall how long UND's contract with them goes but I assume this is a big part of what they are being paid for. 

I think the learfield deal expires at the end of the year as well, unless it is renewed.   Pretty sure the current contract with learfield doesn't include the Midco rights, but it does include 3rd tier TV rights, which I guess would be something like the games Bally picks up.

8 hours ago, nodak651 said:

I think the learfield deal expires at the end of the year as well, unless it is renewed.   Pretty sure the current contract with learfield doesn't include the Midco rights, but it does include 3rd tier TV rights, which I guess would be something like the games Bally picks up.

Looking back, it might be possible that Learfield doesn't assist UND in TV broadcasting, they just assist with the radio side of things and marketing.
I can't find anything on the contract between UND and Learfield.
The press release with UND extending their relationship with Midco also doesn't reference Learfield at any point, however the radio broadcast side of things did.

The relationship UND has with Learfield is a little bit goofy due to UND not having full advertising rights nor ownership in the majority of the buildings the compete in. 

12 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

the whole it department is trying to fix that dead donation link.......in time buddy boy

How hard can it be? 99% of IT tasks involve the following steps: 1. Turn it off. 2. Then turn it back on. 3. If issue isn't resolved, repeat steps 1 and 2.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Looking back, it might be possible that Learfield doesn't assist UND in TV broadcasting, they just assist with the radio side of things and marketing.
I can't find anything on the contract between UND and Learfield.
The press release with UND extending their relationship with Midco also doesn't reference Learfield at any point, however the radio broadcast side of things did.

The relationship UND has with Learfield is a little bit goofy due to UND not having full advertising rights nor ownership in the majority of the buildings the compete in. 

https://www.learfield.com/partner/north-dakota-fighting-hawks/ 

That mentions "television". 

The address on that site is ... Hyslop. 

26 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

How hard can it be? 99% of IT tasks involve the following steps: 1. Turn it off. 2. Then turn it back on. 3. If issue isn't resolved, repeat steps 1 and 2.  

The "Arnolds" of the IT world: Instead of "I lift things up and put them down", it's "I unplug things and plug them back in!"....... I couldn't help it.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

You mean the "Donate" link that takes you here: https://www.ndchampionsclub.com/joinnow 

Fightinghawks.com>inside athletics>und alumni association 

Can't remember whether or not the Donate button was an issue, but about a year or so ago, I emailed und a list of a bunch of issues when I complained about it here, and some of it was fixed.

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

With zero debugging tools I see the problem with that link:

It's trying to take you (drill down) to a specific page on the UNDAlumni site. It should just take you to UNDAlumni.org

Yeah, I mean, I hate to be knit picky about this stuff all the time, but it's a super easy fix and it's been like that for literally over a year.  I emailed them recently to get Fox Sports North stuff off of their "watch" drop down menu.  It's been Bally for a long time now.. you would think they would want it to be easy for fans to watch games and donate, but what do I know.  

I hope whoever gets the rights has stations in the western part of the state that carries the station.

midco is in several communities out west.

if they aren’t carried out west you are letting the team from the south get way too much coverage.  
if the bid is lower than what it is now reject and rebid 

• 10 months later...

I have a question about NCHC TV. I won't be able to watch Saturday night till about 7:30. I to;d that there's a way to start watching the game from the beginning even though the game is in progress like a DVR, but last time I tried I couldn't figure it out. Anybody out there that can help an old non-techy guy out?

3 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

I have a question about NCHC TV. I won't be able to watch Saturday night till about 7:30. I to;d that there's a way to start watching the game from the beginning even though the game is in progress like a DVR, but last time I tried I couldn't figure it out. Anybody out there that can help an old non-techy guy out?

Tell us more about how you'll be watching it. Phone, tablet, Roku, etc.

11 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Log on to NCHC.tv and pull up an archived game. On the bottom is a line where you can control the spot in the game.  Tinker with it to get familiar with it.  When you pull it up on Saturday, it'll start live, but you can pull it back to the beginning. 

One slight addendum to this. Have someone else learn to do this so they can start the game for you, so you don't accidentally see the scoreboard while it's live. :wink:

22 minutes ago, N of GF said:

One slight addendum to this. Have someone else learn to do this so they can start the game for you, so you don't accidentally see the scoreboard while it's live. :wink:

I've done this in that past and become paranoid, thinking that I'm sitting there like a chump while they know I'm about to see us get blown out lol.
My advice is to get a Roku.  With the Roku, you can just click the button for account settings and there will an on off button for starting the game live or in progress.  On off button for the scoreboard as well.  If you don't have mental issues, getting help would probably work just fine :wink:

3 hours ago, Sodbuster said:

Can you have someone start the game for you, and pause it? I usually hit play and then quickly rewind it without looking at the scoreboard. I know it’s not convenient haha.