SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Still shocked Kyle Conner didn't make this year's WJC team. At the rate he's going right now he may take the Hobey and be playing for the Jets next year.

Heard Red is employing a hypnotist to ensure that this same kind of Dylan Larkin repeat doesn't happen.  If that doesn't work, then physical detainment is the next step.

12 hours ago, burd said:

Has anyone seen Ohio State play?  It's starting to look like they might have a team.  They've been respectable against UNO and Providence and beaten BC and Cornell.  As repugnant as the idea is, it is only a matter of time before one of these newbie football schools puts together a serious hockey team. 

And it is probably good for the game in the long run.   It would be fun to see the Hawks go down to Columbus and teach them how to play D1 hockey. 

I'm more surprised at how bad Ohio State has been historically than I am about them somehow becoming an "average team."

4 hours ago, brianvf said:

Bummed that CC couldn't get a point or two out of SCSU...they kept it close.
I have a feeling that tonight won't be as close.

I don't see any way that C.C. beat the Clowns tonight. I can tell you one thing, SCSU was diving all over the ice last night. 

14 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Wiki shows the 60's.

"Founding member of the CCHA in 1971."

Omaha started in 1997 and is head and shoulders ahead of them.

Penn State just started and is already passing Ohio State.

They have been a fail then, if they have been on the board that long.   

2 hours ago, Cratter said:

Wiki shows the 60's.

"Founding member of the CCHA in 1971."

Omaha started in 1997 and is head and shoulders ahead of them.

Penn State just started and is already passing Ohio State.

Omaha doesn't have a football program that is receiving all the school's funding and attention.

21 minutes ago, keikla said:

Omaha doesn't have a football program that is receiving all the school's funding and attention.

Which is a recent development. 

Penn State still does.

And Ohio State is one of the richest athletic programs in the country. Minnesota and Wisconsin do fine. I don't think whether a school has hockey and football matters.

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Penn State still does.

And Ohio State is one of the richest athletic programs in the country. Minnesota and Wisconsin do fine. I don't think whether a school has hockey and football matters.

I don't think it has to matter, but I think that it can.  It all depends on choices by the athletic department.

35 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Penn State still does.

Wisconsin fans would definitely differ with you on that.   Minnesota hasn't had a football team in forever.   Michigan would be the best example of a football school (and Bball) that is consistently good at hockey.