SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

10 hours ago, LeftyZL said:

The game was moved up to 4 because of the Vikings game tonight.

That explains it.  Guess the football game was moved as well. 

My CHN app didn't update the game until near 7pm, not sure why that wasn't updating (although it did for the other afternoon games)

I know it's "early still" but it's a crazy league this year.

Boston College with a 13-4-1 record would be the last team in the tournament right now.

Whats up with Harvard barely playing any games. About half the number of games as UND. Must be a Ivy league thing?

22 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Boston College with a 13-4-1 record would be the last team in the tournament right now.

Whats up with Harvard barely playing any games. About half the number of games as UND. Must be a Ivy league thing?

BC has a tough stretch ahead in the next month. Providence twice ....BU twice....at Notre Dame ....Harvard(Beanpot)....BU/Northeastern(2nd game of Beanpot).

24 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Yup, an Ivy thing.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, brianvf said:

In a "defense-optional" game, BU beats Harvard 6-5 while scoring 3 goals in the final 4 minutes.
Only Harvard's 2nd loss of the season.

...and UND jumps up to #4 in the Pairwise as a result.

Has anyone seen Ohio State play?  It's starting to look like they might have a team.  They've been respectable against UNO and Providence and beaten BC and Cornell.  As repugnant as the idea is, it is only a matter of time before one of these newbie football schools puts together a serious hockey team. 

And it is probably good for the game in the long run.   It would be fun to see the Hawks go down to Columbus and teach them how to play D1 hockey. 

5 hours ago, burd said:

Has anyone seen Ohio State play?  It's starting to look like they might have a team.  They've been respectable against UNO and Providence and beaten BC and Cornell.  As repugnant as the idea is, it is only a matter of time before one of these newbie football schools puts together a serious hockey team. 

And it is probably good for the game in the long run.   It would be fun to see the Hawks go down to Columbus and teach them how to play D1 hockey. 

Don't get too hyped up about them.  While they have played better of late, they are only 6-11 on the year.  They may have a good second half, or they may revert to early season form.  But I will surely root for them over the Gophers.