SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. ST. CLOUD STATE - Fri @ 4:08

The Exiled One

After watching this one, I give UND a 5% chance of winning a Natty. They looked like a team that could not adapt, and did not want to crash today. No chance of winning in the NCAA's playing that way.

Unless Hak can fire this team up before and during EVERY game from now until the trophy is raised they are not going to win it.

Oh really? Tell me gfhockey, what has Blais done since leaving UND? Simple question.

Oh yeah, he hasn't done jack !@#$ at Omaha. Now go crawl into your hole where you always come out of when UND loses a game.

Blais has been a complete nonfactor since leaving UND. A wet dream for the ignorant.

2 ncaa titles in that stretch, none since 2000...that's a stat.

Not denying that.  But the conversation was about "typical playoff hockey"...typically UND tends to win playoff games, more than not.  In the Hakstol era, as well.

Love all the overreactions in this thread. I thought we were the better team for most of the game and really dominated puck possession. Needed to get more shots to the net and be a little more aggressive on the rush instead of settling for the outside. Today doesn't change anything this team is still as capable as anyone of winning the national championship. Really hope the NCHC looks at getting this thing out of Target Center soon horrible ice for the 2nd straight year and so many weird bounces.

For 11 years now we have been seeing UND teams come out flat in the playoffs.  Honestly, that is one of the most unforgivable things I have continued to notice in Hak's era.  Whatever he is (or isn't) doing to motivate the guys at this time of year is not working.

I think back to the Denver Frozen Four.  Uuugh.   Huge home crowd advantage for UND, laid a big egg.  This year's start to the playoffs did not seem much better.

• Upvote 1

Love all the overreactions in this thread. I thought we were the better team for most of the game and really dominated puck possession. Needed to get more shots to the net and be a little more aggressive on the rush instead of settling for the outside. Today doesn't change anything this team is still as capable as anyone of winning the national championship. Really hope the NCHC looks at getting this thing out of Target Center soon horrible ice for the 2nd straight year and so many weird bounces.

Read the Blackhawks thread on HF boards sometime. When the Hawks are losing those guys are eating their young. It's hilarious.

Not denying that. But the conversation was about "typical playoff hockey"...typically UND tends to win playoff games, more than not. In the Hakstol era, as well.

Seems like they do bad in championship games and their best is in the early rounds. I hope today is the opposite.

How many natty rings blais got as head coach

How many Hak got

How many national championships does Blais got coaching Omaha? Quit deflecting troll. It's a simple question! Why can't you answer a simple question?

Quit living in the past. Your buddy Blais has done nothing since leaving UND.

• Upvote 1

If they had to give up 2 in 30 seconds at some point this season to learn the lesson from that, better now. (Too often it's been "lesson learning time" at a far worse time.)

They played well, didn't seem to take any injuries, and have something to stew on for a while. Good.

• Upvote 1