SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. ST. CLOUD STATE - Fri @ 4:08

The Exiled One

Was last year when the team wasn't coached well enough to know that they have to skate for 60 minutes a game? Against our biggest rival nonetheless.

Is that what you are referencing? Because yeah......LIKE LAST YEAR.

Seriously? Are you implying it's somehow Hak's fault that Minny scored with .6? Seriously? Just stop. THIS is why people hate us.

Johnson needs to be scratched for today's game.  That effort (or lack thereof) in the final 80-90 seconds when the puck was deep in SCSU's corner was embarrassing.  One goal game, empty net, and he literally stops playing and turns his back to the play and is bitching at the ref for not whistling the play dead.  Meanwhile SCSU is winning the battle for the puck and skating it down and scoring.  Watch the video if you didn't see what I'm talking about.

Time for Hakstol to do the right thing and send a message.  We're not nearly talented enough to win playing like that.

For what it's worth, 2013's national champion was rolled in the ECAC semi-finals 5-0 by Union and lost the 3rd place game to Quinnipiac 3-0. Zero goals in their last two games headed into the NCAA tournament.

Winning the trifecta of regular season conference title, conference playoff title, and national title is awfully difficult to accomplish. Yes, I know Union did it last year.

No kidding. One man doesn't make a team. MacMillan said it himself. Sounds like someone is having a built-in excuse ready to use.

UND can beat anyone. ANYONE. They have to get their collective !@#$ together. If they do that, I know this team can go far.

We are not world beaters this year- I've watched the Sioux religiously for 35 years- I never had Natty expectations for this team.  Could they get hot and win it all?  sure, but c'mon we just don't have the horses in this year's stable.

Point being, I'm enjoying the ride and not jumping off a cliff when we get beaten by a solid SCSU team in Mpls.  Johnny Brodzinski is offensively more gifted than anyone on this year's UND squad.

• Upvote 1

Threads like this help me freshen up on some message board features, like:

Click on your username at the top, select "Manage Ignore Prefs", type in any one of about six new ones today (with names that could just as well be "Siouxmoron1", "Siouxmoron2", etc.), and add them to your ignore list.  Takes a minute, but helps you catch up on threads quicker!

We are not world beaters this year- I've watched the Sioux religiously for 35 years- I never had Natty expectations for this team.  Could they get hot and win it all?  sure, but c'mon we just don't have the horses in this year's stable.

Point being, I'm enjoying the ride and not jumping off a cliff when we get beaten by a solid SCSU team in Mpls.  Johnny Brodzinski is offensively more gifted than anyone on this year's UND squad.

A voice of reason among a lot of grocery store floor tantrums in front of the candy rack

this will spark a whole new level of arrows and daggers being thrown, but these conference tournaments really don't mean much unless you are a team that absolutely needs the wins to get in like UND did last year or SCSU this year.  after all there are no banners raised for the conference tourney.

this will spark a whole new level of arrows and daggers being thrown, but these conference tournaments really don't mean much unless you are a team that absolutely needs the wins to get in like UND did last year or SCSU this year. after all there are no banners raised for the conference tourney.

Yup. Momentum builders or killers.

For what it's worth, 2013's national champion was rolled in the ECAC semi-finals 5-0 by Union and lost the 3rd place game to Quinnipiac 3-0. Zero goals in their last two games headed into the NCAA tournament.

Winning the trifecta of regular season conference title, conference playoff title, and national title is awfully difficult to accomplish. Yes, I know Union did it last year.

I think the Sioux did the last 3 or 4 times they won everythng untill the Hakstol era.

I think the Sioux did the last 3 or 4 times they won everythng untill the Hakstol era.

Only the 87 Hrkac circus and the 97 team won all three titles- regular season, conference tourney, NCAA.  MacNaughton Anchor they used to call the conference championship

Well, what do the "everything is just fine" people have to say now?  If you have no concerns about this team after getting outscored 8-2 in two games and looking bad in doing it, then you are simply drunk on green Kool-Aid and wearing green-colored glasses.

Can this team rebound next week?  Yes.

Will they?  That is far from certain after what I saw this weekend.

so in the brief history of this nchc thing.  the penrose cup champions are a combined winless at the frozen faceoff.  who wants to win this thing next year.

But the goal is to win every game you can possibly win.  I honestly don't think winning the Penrose Cup should result in tanking the playoffs.  If anything, it should give us positive momentum.

Well, what do the "everything is just fine" people have to say now? If you have no concerns about this team after getting outscored 8-2 in two games and looking bad in doing it, then you are simply drunk on green Kool-Aid and wearing green-colored glasses.

Can this team rebound next week? Yes.

Will they? That is far from certain after what I saw this weekend.

Normally I'm the eternal optimist when it comes to this team, but I even have to admit that I have serious reservations after today. I wasn't able to watch, just listen on the radio, but they made it sound like Pattyn looked furious when he came back to the bench towards the end of the game, and it was strictly at the rest of the team.

I have a bad feeling that we have important players on this team that seem to have cashed it in, I'm looking at you 24,9,15,27, and that can't happen next weekend.

• Upvote 1

Well, what do the "everything is just fine" people have to say now? If you have no concerns about this team after getting outscored 8-2 in two games and looking bad in doing it, then you are simply drunk on green Kool-Aid and wearing green-colored glasses.

Can this team rebound next week? Yes.

Will they? That is far from certain after what I saw this weekend.

Ok gfhovkry...