SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. ST. CLOUD STATE - Fri @ 4:08

The Exiled One

You are now just rambling useless crap that everyone knows. What has Blais done at Omaha?

Your inability to answer a simple question is amusing.

He's only been there 5 years and has improved the team quite a bit. Not exactly a long tradition of hockey at U of Omaha/Neb. 

• Upvote 1

He's only been there 5 years and has improved the team quite a bit. Not exactly a long tradition of hockey at U of Omaha/Neb.

But nothing to show for it either. I'm playing gfhockey's game of hardware counting. He won't acknowledge that Blais doesn't have anything since leaving UND.

UNO fans are getting restless too.

Nice to see some other posts that are reasonable and actually have some perspective in this thread thought I had maybe posted in the overreaction game thread for a while or something.

Game threads never fail to deliver after a loss.

St. Cloud was playing for their season and UND had a terrible 20 second stretch.

UND hasn't lost back to back games all year. Time to rattle off 5 in a row.

If they had to give up 2 in 30 seconds at some point this season to learn the lesson from that, better now. (Too often it's been "lesson learning time" at a far worse time.)

They played well, didn't seem to take any injuries, and have something to stew on for a while. Good.

Disclaimer:  I listened through the green goggles of TH.

It seemed to me like Motzko did his homework.  St. Cloud had the sidewalls jammed up to prevent the up-ice chips that UND likes to use, and they kept UND away from the crease.  All in all, St. Cloud had their defensive assignments down for this game. 

UND needs to find a better method for penetrating the zone on the PP than dump and chase.  That just isn't effective against top rank teams.

Disclaimer:  I listened through the green goggles of TH.

It seemed to me like Motzko did his homework.  St. Cloud had the sidewalls jammed up to prevent the up-ice chips that UND likes to use, and they kept UND away from the crease.  All in all, St. Cloud had their defensive assignments down for this game. 

UND needs to find a better method for penetrating the zone on the PP than dump and chase.  That just isn't effective against top rank teams.

if that is the case, then shame on und's staff for not being able to make the proper in game adjustments.

• Upvote 2

No personal offense, but we need a ledge or bridge for apologists who continue to say UND is fine, even with all the epic fails of the last decade plus, IMO.  For cryin' out loud, UND had TJ Oshie and J. Toews ON THE SAME LINE (with Porter and VandeVelde on line #2) and still failed to win a Natty.

All some of us are saying is - when the hell is the drought going to end?

• Upvote 3

St. Cloud left nothing to chance in that third period. Rarely did thy send in a forechecker in the UND zone. We had a heck of a time getting the puck through the neutral zone and when we did create O zone pressure, they packed it in tight and didn't give us shooting lanes. They did a nice version of 1990's New Jersey Devils with their trap in the last ten minutes of the game. I respect their strategy particularly considering they had a lot more on the line tonight.

No personal offense, but we need a ledge or bridge for apologists who continue to say UND is fine, even with all the epic fails of the last decade plus, IMO.  For cryin' out loud, UND had TJ Oshie and J. Toews ON THE SAME LINE (with Porter and VandeVelde on line #2) and still failed to win a Natty.

hell they could up playing michigan next weekend with minny and miami as the other regional semifinal in one hell of a region of death.

When they win a natty, of course.  Just sayin...not apologizing.

Disclaimer: I listened through the green goggles of TH.

It seemed to me like Motzko did his homework. St. Cloud had the sidewalls jammed up to prevent the up-ice chips that UND likes to use, and they kept UND away from the crease. All in all, St. Cloud had their defensive assignments down for this game.

UND needs to find a better method for penetrating the zone on the PP than dump and chase. That just isn't effective against top rank teams.

Well put.

Nice to see some other posts that are reasonable and actually have some perspective in this thread thought I had maybe posted in the overreaction game thread for a while or something.

So no one can post anything negative? Especially when the squad played terrible? A loss is a loss but that may have been the worst of the year. SCSu didn't even play well. Hopefully we get the W tomorrow. It's sweet we got 6 in though.