SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Spring Football

jdub27

How fast did George's look? Are we talking Hardin speed?

The short routes that they were running when I was there didn't allow him to display any real top-end speed.  They were mostly running 3rd and 7 stuff over the middle just beyond the sticks, except for the one that went long to Fiedler.  Jury is still out for me on how fast he is relative to, say, Hardin.

In regards to Seibel, it looked like a hamstring issue to me. He came off the field and grabbed the back of his leg, then left for a bit, came back in full pads, then left for a bit, and eventually came back in shorts and jersey. Hopefully it was just precautionary.

From all reports, it appears Bubba is increasing the size of UND's roster. This is necessary for UND to be a competitive D1 football program. I think Bubba recognized this immediately and has addressed it. I think UND will be more physical running the football this season which will bode well for the offensive production.

Edit: By size, I mean average weight of players by position, particularly skill positions (RBs and DBs)

From all reports, it appears Bubba is increasing the size of UND's roster. This is necessary for UND to be a competitive D1 football program. I think Bubba recognized this immediately and has addressed it. I think UND will be more physical running the football this season which will bode well for the offensive production.

Weren't we always at the maximum 85 players/63 combined scholarships?    There was no reason not to be, this is just common sense.

Weren't we always at the maximum 85 players/63 combined scholarships?    There was no reason not to be, this is just common sense.

With walk-ons I think it's a cap of 95 players.  Not sure where UND has been relative to this.   

We have a scholarship or two available for any FBS dropdowns after spring games throughout the country.  That's by plan -

Edit: By size, I mean average weight of players by position, particularly skill positions (RBs and DBs)

Great to see, I always wondered why we had such undersized RBs. Always seemed liked we had some pretty short corners too. No doubt he has changed this in his recruiting. I think all, if not most, of our DB recruits this year were around 6'3"-6'4". He really improved the Def. last season and I hope it continues; he has done a really nice job with this team on paper, and hopefuly it continues to transpire on the field.

I knew what you were talking about, but pointing out strategically we have a little $$ available to grab a guy after spring ball or over the summer.  (Hopefully a Big Guy to increase the 'size' of our roster)

I knew what you were talking about, but pointing out strategically we have a little $$ available to grab a guy after spring ball or over the summer. (Hopefully a Big Guy to increase the 'size' of our roster)

Well, one of the two potential FBS transfers that I'm aware of they are hoping to land definitely does not add to the size of our roster - but he would definitely add speed. :)

Well, one of the two potential FBS transfers that I'm aware of they are hoping to land definitely does not add to the size of our roster - but he would definitely add speed. :)

Hammy, wtf. Is this a game of just the tip. You throw out a big teaser like that, with no details?

I have said for sometime that we need that smaller quick back.  If its the guy I'm thinking it is he could add a dynamic threat that would make the RB's very dangerous.

• Upvote 1

Is Arrington only a JR? I thought he was a Tillman type deal with only one year? Fantastic if he is only a JR.

I was looking at the spring depth chart and Bubba is really starting to stockpile a lot of young talent, ecspecially on the OL, DL and LB positions. Exciting times ahead for Bubba Ball.

Is Arrington only a JR? I thought he was a Tillman type deal with only one year? Fantastic if he is only a JR.

I was looking at the spring depth chart and Bubba is really starting to stockpile a lot of young talent, ecspecially on the OL, DL and LB positions. Exciting times ahead for Bubba Ball.

I am pretty sure he is a junior this semester, so basically a senior in terms of playing eligibility left. 

I am pretty sure he is a junior this semester, so basically a senior in terms of playing eligibility left. 

That was my initial thought, but all other players who would fit that criteria (Ratelle, Idowu, Anderson) are listed as Seniors. It looked liked everyone was listed based on what their playing year would be next fall so that is why I thought Jawon might have 2 years of eligibility instead of just one. That would be great if true. It could just be a misprint that is why I asked, as I figured someone would know.