SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Spring Football

jdub27

Right now, Bartels.

But Studsrud, Mollberg, and even Heidlebaugh deserve the opportunity in the fall with a full compliment of WRs to try and prove themselves.

Based on what I saw last year Mollberg is the best option with the most potential right now. I like Studsruds potential in a few years, but an ideal scenario would be Mollberg and Bartels take the reigns this year and Studsrud can hopefully get his redshirt back. 

I have no idea if Mollberg will recovery fully from that injury, but based on last year I like Mollberg. He was really just starting to find his stride when he got hurt and I think he has the best arm of them all. Hopefully Joe can recover 100% by summer workouts and be good to go come fall.

Heidlebaugh is coming from Class A football in ND. I love his potential long term, but he needs to redshirt. I know Bubba is really excited about Brad's potential.

Based on what I saw last year Mollberg is the best option with the most potential right now. I like Studsruds potential in a few years, but an ideal scenario would be Mollberg and Bartels take the reigns this year and Studsrud can hopefully get his redshirt back.

I have no idea if Mollberg will recovery fully from that injury, but based on last year I like Mollberg. He was really just starting to find his stride when he got hurt and I think he has the best arm of them all. Hopefully Joe can recover 100% by summer workouts and be good to go come fall.

Heidlebaugh is coming from Class A football in ND. I love his potential long term, but he needs to redshirt. I know Bubba is really excited about Brad's potential.

Until Mollberg starts practicing and can take contact, you never know. Sure hope Mollberg comes back looking great, but I doubt it's that easy. As of now, with only 2 guys competing on the field, it's Bartels. Studsrud isn't very far behind, however.

Sounds like they expect a FBS RB to be visiting in the next couple weeks. Hopefully they are the right fit as this position group is now dangerously thin.

Considering Nevermann as ineligible in 2015, that leaves UND with only Arrington and Norberg at RB. Hard to include any of the incoming true freshmen in that group as far as being main contributors, although I think Brady Oliveria will play right away. UND definitely needs an FBS RB transfer, maybe even two.

• Upvote 1

The Sharp situation makes me think UND knows their is real good chance they will be ringing in another RB and they probably know who it will be. Did Sharp leave or did we give him a good hint that he probably was going to be low on the list of RB's for playing time. Who left who? I have always had the feeling he wasn 't going to be good enough and the coaching staff didn't think he was in their long term plans.

The Sharp situation makes me think UND knows their is real good chance they will be ringing in another RB and they probably know who it will be. Did Sharp leave or did we give him a good hint that he probably was going to be low on the list of RB's for playing time. Who left who? I have always had the feeling he wasn 't going to be good enough and the coaching staff didn't think he was in their long term plans.

Agree with you. Bubba and Maurice have been looking for another feature RB via FBS transfer for some time now. And the team desperately needs one, considering both the depth and the team's run first philosophy.

If we could get a speed guy to along with Arrington we could be pretty good. If somehow we could get good QB play this year too, I don't think a shot at the playoffs is out of the question. Big if's. A guy can always dream.

... and if we had the 1983 Washington Redskins offensive line we'd have some really old offensive linemen. :D 

"Rome was not built in a day." 

... and if we had the 1983 Washington Redskins offensive line we'd have some really old offensive linemen. :D

"Rome was not built in a day." 

Spot on.

I was beginning to think bringing in an impact running back to help this offense this fall was like ordering up a show on Netflix...scroll through the options, make your selection, and enjoy.

I mentioned this on SFI's spring game wrap up, but Shane Blass is still RB, is he not? I watched him a few weeks ago at practice and he could definitely be another contributor. He didn't play in the scrimmage, but he was still there on the sidelines. Does anyone know anything different?

I heard they let Sharp go.

To the tune of "White Christmas" (apologies to Irving Berlin):

I'm dreaming of a Hambone update

With every SiouxSports post I read

With exclamation points aplenty,

in font size of twenty

And the words 'FBS runningback coming' indeed.   :p

Midco had a nice special last night at 9pm on UND spring football wrap.  Both Bubba and Rudolph were interviewed and you can see they were pleased with the spring workouts.  the team has made much progress from last year.  A person almost forgets where this team was a year ago only about 6 or 7 OL practiced.  From the interviews with Reyes and Studsrud most of the players will stick around this summer working out.  The season looks so much brighter this year.