SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Spring Football

jdub27

Arrington was listed on UAB's 2014 roster as a junior. On the roster for the 2012 year at Alabama A&M and listed as a redshirt freshman, sat out 2013 after transferring to UAB, played at UAB in 2014. Looks like one year left of eligibility.

http://www.uabsports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jawon_arrington_860145.html

I would guess that the comments about possibly petitioning for an extra year would have to do with the year he sat out to play at UAB and then them shutting down their program.  Don't see it being a real solid case but weirder things have happened.  Not sure he is pursuing it at this point.

DI is much easier to figure out eligibility than DII.  Five years to play four from date of 1st enrollment.

If his first year was 2012 at Alabam A&M, the following would apply to his "5 for 4:"

1.  2012

2.  2013

3.  2014

4.  2015

5.  2016

So based on that, he should be a Junior this year. 

If by "redshirt freshman" in 2012 at Alabama A&M it meant it was his 2nd year (this gets confusing whether he was redshirting that year or was a 2nd year freshman), then he enrolled in 2011 and would be a Senior this year.  Only option to add another year would be to petition the NCAA.

Just digging around I noticed he graduated from HS in the Spring of '11, meaning he must have enrolled at Alabama A&M in the fall.  The "redshirt freshman" tag was his 2nd year there. 

Personal gripe of mine is never understanding whether "redshirt freshman" means 1st year and redshirting, or 2nd year and redshirted the year before.  People use it for both.

Nebraska just set a record with 76,881 at the spring game, I know we aren't going to have 13,000 at the spring game but hopefully a good crowd means faith is being restored back into the football program.

Outdoors at Memorial....

I doubt we see more than a thousand. Should be a fun game to watch though, as Bubba definitely has UND football on the rise.

I hope they put a little more effort into promoting the spring game and at least put a little thought into pre-game activities - last year was less than pitiful as far as publicity and support (I realize it was a transition year, lots of things changing, but the promotion is done by the athletic department and where they choose to put their energy.) 

I hope they put a little more effort into promoting the spring game and at least put a little thought into pre-game activities - last year was less than pitiful as far as publicity and support (I realize it was a transition year, lots of things changing, but the promotion is done by the athletic department and where they choose to put their energy.)

No doubt.

UND's athletic department has definitely had their fair share of priority issues.

They have tried big promo things in the past many times. Usually it turns out to be 40 degrees with a 30 mph wind or raining. Not their fault. The team just needs to win games.

• Upvote 1

They have tried big promo things in the past many times. Usually it turns out to be 40 degrees with a 30 mph wind or raining. Not their fault. The team just needs to win games.

Won't have to wait long for that. UND wins at least 6 in 2015, giving UND football first BSC winning season.

Although I have been real critical of coaches in the past, particularly Mussman and Jones, I have so much faith and have been so impressed with Coach Bubba and Schmidty it's unreal. I honestly think their open-mindness and great fit for the university will translate into great things for UND football.

• Upvote 1

Won't have to wait long for that. UND wins at least 6 in 2015, giving UND football first BSC winning season.

Although I have been real critical of coaches in the past, particularly Mussman and Jones, I have so much faith and have been so impressed with Coach Bubba and Schmidty it's unreal. I honestly think their open-mindness and great fit for the university will translate into great things for UND football.

Sorry, but that's not good enough.   Need 8 wins to make the playoffs and that's the goal.   PLAYOFFS.    Anything less doesn't cut it.

Sorry, but that's not good enough. Need 8 wins to make the playoffs and that's the goal. PLAYOFFS. Anything less doesn't cut it.

"...at least..."

Considering where this program has been in DI, don't get greedy. Nevertheless, I perfectly understand what it takes to be considered a top FCS program (there's one just 80 miles south of GF), and I think UND may be on their way.

Also, the actual goal that Bubba has set out is to win the Big Sky Conference every season.

Outdoors at Memorial....

I doubt we see more than a thousand. Should be a fun game to watch though, as Bubba definitely has UND football on the rise.

Heard that due to being on campus, tailgating won't be a big event. Hoping they still put something together to help encourage people to come out.