SiouxSports.com Forum

EARLY Departures 2015

AZSIOUX

Red just lost another recruit (Sam Miletic).  College hockey has taken a hit the last two weeks.

Part of me wonders if losing these recruits is a consequence of how Red handled himself earlier this year with early departures.

• 2 weeks later...

That's too bad.

He came in with the expectation of potentially a top 6 scoring role with his credentials, but it just never panned out.

He played very well in the last few games of the season when he was put into the lineup.

Wish him the best.

I won't be at all surprised if Murphy breaks out, wherever he goes.  He was right on the edge at the end of last year.  Really one of the most notable forwards in the last few games.  Hope he does well.

I won't be at all surprised if Murphy breaks out, wherever he goes. He was right on the edge at the end of last year. Really one of the most notable forwards in the last few games. Hope he does well.

Didn't hit the stat sheet but i agree. He had some good games at the end there. I definitely think we'll hear from him again in some capacity.

Would assume this makes Gardner coming in a sure thing.

Probably. Tough situation because he could really use another full year playing junior A hockey, getting tons of ice time in all situations. He'll sit on the bench most of next year if he comes in. Could be a tough situation to bounce back from heading into his soph year.

Is it possible because the lack of production they reduced his scholarship, or was the handwriting already on the wall?   I know guys like Gaarder and Pattyn gained scholarship money from walk-on status, but is it common practice to reduce scholarship money due to poor performance or production?

Is it possible because the lack of production they reduced his scholarship, or was the handwriting already on the wall?   I know guys like Gaarder and Pattyn gained scholarship money from walk-on status, but is it common practice to reduce scholarship money due to poor performance or production?

I've never heard of that happening, I guess.

I'm not sure that it's common for them to be reduced, but scholarships are typically awarded on an annual basis so it's certainly possible that his was reduced.

Probably. Tough situation because he could really use another full year playing junior A hockey, getting tons of ice time in all situations. He'll sit on the bench most of next year if he comes in. Could be a tough situation to bounce back from heading into his soph year.

Is it really fair to assume he'd be on the bench all year? Because you really never know...

That said, I think we should keep him in juniors, go with what we have and worst case scenario we have Poolman...

Is it really fair to assume he'd be on the bench all year? Because you really never know...

That said, I think we should keep him in juniors, go with what we have and worst case scenario we have Poolman...

I wouldnt think we need Poolman at forward because dont we have enough forwards?

It is just as easy to assume something as to assume nothing at all.  Only time will tell I guess.

I'm not sure that it's common for them to be reduced, but scholarships are typically awarded on an annual basis so it's certainly possible that his was reduced.

I've known of basketball players that had them reduced and even pulled.  Not at UND, but I would guess the same principles would apply?

I've known of basketball players that had them reduced and even pulled.  Not at UND, but I would guess the same principles would apply?

I'd assume so.  Didn't Frattin have to pay his own way that semester he came back from suspension?  Granted that was based on rules violations rather than performance.

I swam in college, and our scholarships varied every year based on how we had performed that previous season, if you were going to be a captain, etc..  We obviously didn't have the kind of money UND hockey does, though.

So you weren't getting anything after those first couple years, I bet!  :p  ;)

• Upvote 1