SiouxSports.com Forum

EARLY Departures 2015

AZSIOUX

This might not be good for Michigan.

Jeff Cox ‏@JeffCoxSports 5h5 hours ago

Jeff Cox retweeted Aaron Portzline

Heard last week there was concern Werenski might leave Michigan for London. CBJ reportedly encouraging OHL.

I suppose CBJ is blaming all of college hockey for the Mike Reilly decision.

This might not be good for Michigan.

Jeff Cox ‏@JeffCoxSports 5h5 hours ago

Jeff Cox retweeted Aaron Portzline

Heard last week there was concern Werenski might leave Michigan for London. CBJ reportedly encouraging OHL.

Sonny Milano bolted too.  The M. reilly departure is like salt in their wounds.  NCAA and the NHL need to fix that loop hole. Its hurting college hockey.

I would be so confused by this.  He's already offensively gifted and has size.  He put up good points in college, why would he take a step down in age group to put up video game numbers against boys.  I don't typically knock the CHL leagues however this one makes little sense.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2015/07/blue-jackets-sign-new-albanys-kole-sherwood.html

Wow this is a risky move by the Sherwood kid.  College probably would have been a safer route.  Columbus sure doesn't like the college route.

If that's true, and I honestly don't know what their strategy is, it would appear to be a change in their thinking.  They have actually been pretty good about letting their college commitments keep their commitment, and even stay in school for a number of years.  Most of those guys weren't top 20 draft picks, but it's always appeared to me that they are willing to let their lower draft picks develop in school.  http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00005316.html

• 2 weeks later...

These late departures have to be a little troubling.

I heard through the grapevine that we may not be totally out of the woods yet either.

Way to ruin a weekend......

Out of the woods as in UFA signing or recruit not showing up this fall and being found in the CHL