SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs CC - Best 2 of 3 @theralph

AZSIOUX

CC had 2...two...league wins in 22 tries. They need 2 wins in 3 games vs the #1 team in the league...and country...on the road to continue their season.

All that being said and suddenly I feel pretty calm now...........

Only the Sioux could have a guy lay on the ice with a potential head injury and NOT get a PP out of it. UGH how does this happen?!?!?!?

Pattyn barley runs into the Denver goalie and gets an interfearence penalty. Anyone know why Ausmus got a penalty for hitting the Miami playey? i didnt catch everything there i guess

I actually didn't think Nick's injury warranted a PP.  It wasn't a dirty hit, just an unfortunate collision with two different Miami players.  Besides, with two shorthanded goals against, I'd rather not get another PP...

• Upvote 1

I actually didn't think Nick's injury warranted a PP.  It wasn't a dirty hit, just an unfortunate collision with two different Miami players.  Besides, with two shorthanded goals against, I'd rather not get another PP...

The unfortunate collision between his head and the players knee only happened because of the cross check by the other Miami player and that should have been called it was a pretty easy one that they missed.

I thought it looked like the ice was bad on Saturday and a lot of players were just falling over. Nick started to fall forward and czarnik caught him in the head with his knee or thigh. It was still nice to see Ausmus and Jordan beat Czarnik up a little the next shift.

I thought it looked like the ice was bad on Saturday and a lot of players were just falling over. Nick started to fall forward and czarnik caught him in the head with his knee or thigh. It was still nice to see Ausmus and Jordan beat Czarnik up a little the next shift.

I think it's nice to see Jordan beat anyone up!

I thought he stepped up his physicality a bit this last weekend...

101379-Jim-Carrey-I-like-it-alot-gif-Gfl

• Upvote 1

I actually didn't think Nick's injury warranted a PP. It wasn't a dirty hit, just an unfortunate collision with two different Miami players. Besides, with two shorthanded goals against, I'd rather not get another PP...

Thats what i was getting at, of all the players laying on the ice acting like they're hurt to draw a penalty, it happens to the Sioux and it isnt a penalty just a bad fall, so we possibly loose our best set up guy. The hockey gods dont like us

I'm going with UND in three.  UND is very good, although they need to clean some stuff up from this last weekend and get as healthy as possible.  The reason I think it takes three is that is how this senior class has rolled over their careers.  Nothing has come easy and they usually at some point have their back against the wall and show their best at that point.  that along with with beating a team 6 times in a row in a season no matter how bad they might be is a pretty daunting task.

I'm going with UND in three.  UND is very good, although they need to clean some stuff up from this last weekend and get as healthy as possible.  The reason I think it takes three is that is how this senior class has rolled over their careers.  Nothing has come easy and they usually at some point have their back against the wall and show their best at that point.  that along with with beating a team 6 times in a row in a season no matter how bad they might be is a pretty daunting task.

I'm saying UND in 2 games. They just swept SCSU at home, these seniors fully understand they only have 2 or 3 hockey games left in The Ralph to lay at all on the line, CC is #50 in the country winning 6 games all year and only 2 against NCHC teams, UND is #1 in country with their "worst" loss coming against a team currently #21 in the country.

I'm going with a sweep as well. As dinged up as UND is, CC has been playing with a short bench too and, all else being equal, UND still has more talent and depth than the Tigers. The only thing I'd caution UND on is, CC is pretty much playing with house money-they finished dead last, season is on the verge of ending, and nobody expects much from them. I think the pressure to win on Friday is more on UND.

I'm going with a sweep as well. As dinged up as UND is, CC has been playing with a short bench too and, all else being equal, UND still has more talent and depth than the Tigers. The only thing I'd caution UND on is, CC is pretty much playing with house money-they finished dead last, season is on the verge of ending, and nobody expects much from them. I think the pressure to win on Friday is more on UND.

That may be true, but they are sitting at the table rubbing their last two $1 chps together.  sure they have a chip, chair, and a chance...but I deffinitely wouldn't bet on them winning even a game against us this weekend! 

Does anyone hope we lose in the second round of the NCHC tournament so that our team will be more fresh when it really counts? I mean it's nice to win the conference tourny and all but it hasn't seemed to translate to a strong finish in the big tourny

Losing in the second round does us no good, since there is a third place game.  Might as well win it all.

• Upvote 3

Theyll have to play and beat strong teams if they want a green banner. I don't like when a team goes from a bad team to a strong one the next game.

Yeah I agree, there's something to that but I also don't want our NCHC playoffs being ended by CC.

That third place game did us wonders last year. Just win baby!

Agreed

These guys don't want to lose any games. They play to win EVERY night. 

^^^^^this^^^^ 

Sweep here, then on to the Target Center only acceptable loss would be in the NCHC final to allow a team not in the top 16 to win and hopefully knock the Rodents out of the tourney….that would be the “only” acceptable loss IMO

This series and opening Regionals against AHA school will be our “off” days everything thing else pedal to the metal

• Upvote 1

^^^^^this^^^^ 

Sweep here, then on to the Target Center only acceptable loss would be in the NCHC final to allow a team not in the top 16 to win and hopefully knock the Rodents out of the tourney….that would be the “only” acceptable loss IMO

This series and opening Regionals against AHA school will be our “off” days everything thing else pedal to the metal

I don't know if the I'd schedule the opening round vs the AHA team as an "off" day.  That's a sure fire way to be remembered for a looong time... just ask the 2006 Rodents