SiouxSports.com Forum

UND-NDSU discussions all topics

iramurphy

Didn't you hear?  The majority of kids signing at NDSU all had FBS offers from big time programs.  But they decided to go play FCS because playing at schools like Oregon and Wisconsin were just no as appealing!! ;)

Must be a bitch living in the shadow of one of the greatest FCS FB programs ever!!  Keep believing Bubbles "we only recruit players that don't have any offers" BS.  There's a reason for that.... Figure it out.. 

Didn't you hear? The majority of kids signing at NDSU all had FBS offers from big time programs. But they decided to go play FCS because playing at schools like Oregon and Wisconsin were just no as appealing!! ;)

I know you're being facetious but from the talk about them competing with the MAC in recruiting, I only saw 1 of their commits that had an offer from one of those schools (Kent State). Outside of that and Ellefson from Hawley who reported a Purdue offer, the rest of the FBS offers were exclusively Wyoming, New Mexico or one of the service academies. They did get a few with some impressive FCS offer lists, no arguing that. But they also spent the last couple weeks pillaging the NSIC.

Must be a bitch living in the shadow of one of the greatest FCS FB programs ever!!  Keep believing Bubbles "we only recruit players that don't have any offers" BS.  There's a reason for that.... Figure it out.. 

He got a couple your staff wanted and offered but those will never be talked about.

And Brock Jensen only had 1 offer from NDSU and he wasn't even their number 1 QB in that recruiting class.  I'd say that worked out well for NDSU.  NDSU has had the same type of philosopy to some extent in the past.  I hope you can "figure out" how to get out of that box I just put you in!! Hiyo!! :)

• Upvote 1

Where did Bubba say they only recruit players with no offers?

Western Carolina just bought out the 2016 game at NDSU. Simple solution UND buys out Stony Brook and hosts NDSU that way UND gets 6 home games and NDSU gets a loss in the Alerus. A win win for everyone!!

Never going to happen. Although, it would be cool. NDSU would need that game to be a home game to make it 6 on the year.

Western Carolina just bought out the 2016 game at NDSU. Simple solution UND buys out Stony Brook and hosts NDSU that way UND gets 6 home games and NDSU gets a loss in the Alerus. A win win for everyone!!

No thanks. I intend to go to the Stony Brook game. May even stay out east all week and go to the BGSU game the following week.
  • Upvote 1

How about UND buys out Stony Brook and gives NDSU the home game they want for 2016 in return for NDSU agreeing to come to Grand Forks in 2019?

Not sure what thier schedule for 2016 is but if the dates line up thats a possibility. I really doubt that they willingly play UND on the road. They didn't seem to excited to agree to the two home games. I'm skeptical that they will pursue a game in the Alerus. Although, it might turnout to be the best option for them. Also if NDSU is tested on September 19th or heaven fordid lose. It would be more likely they schedule Valley City State in 2016 than UND.

Not sure what thier schedule for 2016 is but if the dates line up thats a possibility. I really doubt that they willingly play UND on the road. They didn't seem to excited to agree to the two home games. I'm skeptical that they will pursue a game in the Alerus. Although, it might turnout to be the best option for them. Also if NDSU is tested on September 19th or heaven fordid lose. It would be more likely they schedule Valley City State in 2016 than UND.

NDSU

week 1 (Sept 1-3) (now open),

week 2 (Sept 10) vs Eastern Washington,

Week 3 (Sept 17) (at Iowa)   ;

UND

week 1 at Stony Brook,

week 2 at Bowling Green,

week 3 vs South Dakota.  

UND has only 1 OOC scheduled in 2019 and thats at NDSU, I think UND needs to start getting 6 home games every year, they have 5 home games now through 2017, and if UND schedules an opponent on the road in 2018 that would be 4 straight seasons with 5 home games.

They aren't coming here and guessing the Stony Brook buyout is fairly significant since they already played in Grand Forks.  Plus their fans have already decided that a MAC or other low level FBS school is coming in.