SiouxSports.com Forum

UND-NDSU discussions all topics

iramurphy

According to Bisonville, North Dakota kids are no longer good enough for them. They are above them and will only take a few per year now. That is, now that they only got two in-state kids and UND got six. Before it was vital to get ND kids, back when Mussman did a terrible job.

Maybe they should send their coaches into schools (like Davies and Moorhead) before the middle of January. I see they are lying again over there saying they weren't recruiting the Hartness's at all. Why was Hedberg at Davies last week? After putting the press on Lawrence at Moorhead.

I have a hard time believing anybody on Bisonville said ND Kids aren't good enough anymore. Unless they were trolling. ND is a state that is going to have a "down class" as far as numbers and talent go from time to time.

I have a hard time believing anybody on Bisonville said ND Kids aren't good enough anymore. Unless they were trolling. ND is a state that is going to have a "down class" as far as numbers and talent go from time to time.

Not when one was the MVP and the other finished the championship game with an interception.

And I know a local kid who has 3 rings from SU and has been done with school since last May.  He has no job and isn't really interested in looking for one.  He sits in his parent's basement all day playing video games.  Is that what it means to be a football player at SU?

Those rings don't mean squat if you don't get anything else out of college.  My son won't play college football and won't have any rings but I trust that his future will be a lot brighter as a teacher and coach for the next 40+ years vs. some of the slugs that have those rings.

There is a hell of lot more to be learned in college than what you get on the football field and the number of rings don't really tell much of the story.

I'm sure he represents the vast majority of Ndsu players right? Also I'm sure UND has never had a player sit on their butt.

There it is, another jab. ND is "down" this year, that is why NDSU only has two commitments from there. You guys just can't help yourselves.

Go back to BV and read the Hartness comments.

• Upvote 1

And I know a local kid who has 3 rings from SU and has been done with school since last May.  He has no job and isn't really interested in looking for one.  He sits in his parent's basement all day playing video games.  Is that what it means to be a football player at SU?

Those rings don't mean squat if you don't get anything else out of college.  My son won't play college football and won't have any rings but I trust that his future will be a lot brighter as a teacher and coach for the next 40+ years vs. some of the slugs that have those rings.

There is a hell of lot more to be learned in college than what you get on the football field and the number of rings don't really tell much of the story.

Yah but he can always sell those rings on Ebay like others have and some Team Maker will pay big bucks for it so they can wear it when they are grilling bison steaks oblivious to the fact that the ability to purchase that ring on Ebay reflects on the value of an FU education. 

There it is, another jab. ND is "down" this year, that is why NDSU only has two commitments from there. You guys just can't help yourselves.

Go back to BV and read the Hartness comments.

I've never seen a fan base so fired up on a couple of PWO.  But compared with the rest your class they must look pretty good to you. 

Yah but he can always sell those rings on Ebay and some Team Maker will pay big bucks for it so they can wear it when they are grilling bison steaks oblivious to the fact that the ability to purchase that ring on Ebay reflects on the value of an FU education. 

Have to love your jealousy.....

I've never seen a fan base so fired up on a couple of PWO. But compared with the rest your class they must look pretty good to you.

A couple of PWO's that you don't care about that NDSU finally got around to visiting the final week before signing day... and have visited a second time... Same guys?

I've never seen a fan base so fired up on a couple of PWO. But compared with the rest your class they must look pretty good to you.

I am happy we got them. They are solid players that could develop into real nice players.

I've never seen a fanbase so set obsessed with another schools recruiting class.

• Upvote 2

As long as we're at it, interesting to see the unofficial mouth piece for the NDSU staff taking a shot a UND while responding to a tweet of a recent UND verbal . The kid must have hurt some feelings at NDSU or something after sitting next to one of the coach's on his flight.  I guess that wasn't enough because there's been quite a few comments talking down on UND's class the last few days as well. 

Stay classy Fargo.

That UND verbal took a shot at NDSU when he tweeted about his verbal, I take it he was looking for a response from NDSU fans with his hashtag. 

He better be careful, he may need Fargo and NDSU. If he turns out to be as good as UND fans think and he has a chance to play at the next level, he will need to have NDSU invite him down to Fargo for their pro day to show off in front of the scouts. God knows UND doesn't have one. I wonder if that is in Bubba's recruiting script. We aren't good enough to have a pro day, but in the off chance we get someone good enough, NDSU is nice enough to let our players go to theirs. They have one every year. 

That UND verbal took a shot at NDSU when he tweeted about his verbal, I take it he was looking for a response from NDSU fans with his hashtag. 

He better be careful, he may need Fargo and NDSU. If he turns out to be as good as UND fans think and he has a chance to play at the next level, he will need to have NDSU invite him down to Fargo for their pro day to show off in front of the scouts. God knows UND doesn't have one. I wonder if that is in Bubba's recruiting script. We aren't good enough to have a pro day, but in the off chance we get someone good enough, NDSU is nice enough to let our players go to theirs. They have one every year.

Zing! Is that sort of like when a former Bison player gets invited to the NFL combine that it validates the fact that NDSU turns out NFL talent year in and year out? Pinto? Is that you?

What? Are you sure you aren't nd1sucoach in disguise? You're really up on this topic.

You cant be serious?  That is assinine.

Pretty talented kid.  Got a response from an NDSU fan 2 full days before he sent the tweet you're referring to.  The tweet that was responded to was that he sat next to rival NDSU coach on the plane from Grand Forks and was 2 days before Smith tweeted anything about his verbal to UND and the hashtag of NDSU being on the clock.  But whatever makes justifying 40 some year old fan responding to 18 year old kids OK.

Really showing your smarts with this one.  If a scout wants to see a player at a pro day, he will be there.  I'd love to see NDSU inform some professional teams that they can't see a kid because he hurt their feelings with a tweet sent 4 or 5 years previous.  UND hosted a pro day for many years, they were asked to have their players come to Fargo.  It allowed more teams to show up since they didn't have to send their scouts to North Dakota twice or spend multiple days here. 

You guys are still trying to compare NDSU recruiting to UND's?? How's that worked out for you the last 10 years?

What you guys did to the NSIC the past few weeks has been criminal - somebody alert Sheriff Laney.  Pretty average finish to the class, losing their big target and then absolutely pilfering the Northern Sun.  

Maybe they didn't show the National Championship trophies enough during the official visits?  Could've/should've brought them to Sunday breakfast, also.  Opportunity missed. 

What you guys did to the NSIC the past few weeks has been criminal - somebody alert Sheriff Laney.  Pretty average finish to the class, losing their big target and then absolutely pilfering the Northern Sun.  

Maybe they didn't show the National Championship trophies enough during the official visits?  Could've/should've brought them to Sunday breakfast, also.  Opportunity missed. 

Must be a bitch for Bubbles to have the good recruits have multiple FCS & a few FBS offers but will have nothing to do with UND..