SiouxSports.com Forum

UND-NDSU discussions all topics

iramurphy

After this beat down by the Bison next fall why would you want more?

Beat down? Is that what the Bison fans said to UNI last season or Indiana State a few seasons ago? After a UND upset Bison fans will be pleading for a buyout or an FBS move up before the 2019 game.

UND has only 1 OOC scheduled in 2019 and thats at NDSU, I think UND needs to start getting 6 home games every year, they have 5 home games now through 2017, and if UND schedules an opponent on the road in 2018 that would be 4 straight seasons with 5 home games.

Exactly...and who puts together these schedules?

Check this out from Kolpack today...http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=91979  

I especially thought this was funny.."On that note, I’m further convinced NDSU’s days of scheduling a winnable FBS game are over. The Mid-American Conference has long not answered a 701 area code. I think you can add the lower division teams of the power conferences, too. It took awhile, but they finally figured it out: in this day and age of the spread offense, there are not many physical teams out there anymore and that matchup is something FBS schools want no part of. You can’t blame them. Moreover, that’s only going to drive the price up of a guarantee to another FCS school. They know NDSU’s options are probably limited."

I especially thought this was funny.."On that note, I’m further convinced NDSU’s days of scheduling a winnable FBS game are over. The Mid-American Conference has long not answered a 701 area code. I think you can add the lower division teams of the power conferences, too. It took awhile, but they finally figured it out: in this day and age of the spread offense, there are not many physical teams out there anymore and that matchup is something FBS schools want no part of. You can’t blame them. Moreover, that’s only going to drive the price up of a guarantee to another FCS school. They know NDSU’s options are probably limited."

Long not answered a 701 area code and yet UND is playing Bowling Green in 2016. So NDSU can only play FBS cupcakes, while other FCS teams are playing Alabama, Utah, Nebraska. NDSU has played 1 FBS non-cupcake team and that was K-State. I guess the days of Ball State and Central Michigan are done for the Thundering Turd.

Long not answered a 701 area code and yet UND is playing Bowling Green in 2016. So NDSU can only play FBS cupcakes, while other FCS teams are playing Alabama, Utah, Nebraska. NDSU has played 1 FBS non-cupcake team and that was K-State. I guess the days of Ball State and Central Michigan are done for the Thundering Turd.

"Other FCS teams"  K-State a cupcake?  4 straight NC and a 54-3 record 

I actually believe some of this. I don't think to many of the Iowa State's and Colorado State's are interested in playing NDSU. I don't blame them. Now if NDSU can get games playing SEC and Big Ten teams I doubt that happens either. It'll be interesting to see what FBS teams they do get to schedule them in the near future. If Alvarez had it his way no FBS teams would play FCS teams. That fat prick.

I don't think low to mid range FBS teams want to play NDSU. Why would they want to when they have many other options

The point is it didn't matter!  Also Central Mich. went to a bowl game the year we beat them 38-12 or so.  

Central Michigan went 8-6 (after their bowl loss to Purdue), not a big powerhouse. Bowling Green, Central Mich and Ball State were the only MAC teams to finish with winning records. CMU beat 1 team with a winning record and that was Ball State. If you think they aren't a cupcake you don't pay attention to FBS football.

I don't think low to mid range FBS teams want to play NDSU. Why would they want to when they have many other options

Wow, can Bison fans be more full of themselves or what. Yep those teams are scared of North Dakota State, but yet they can schedule other FCS teams. 

NDSU's FBS opponents since 2008 (post transition): Wyoming (4-8) Iowa St (7-6), Kansas (3-9), Minnesota (3-9), Colorado State (4-8), Kansas St (8-5), Iowa State (2-10)  total record: 31-55 .360

Bohl had a good strategy, required 6 home games, must schedule cupcake FBS team (K-State only exception), and weak OOC FCS teams (home only!)

Central Michigan went 8-6 (after their bowl loss to Purdue), not a big powerhouse. Bowling Green, Central Mich and Ball State were the only MAC teams to finish with winning records. CMU beat 1 team with a winning record and that was Ball State. If you think they aren't a cupcake you don't pay attention to FBS football.

Who cares what CMU was like the year After they played them. When NDSU did play them they won the MAC that year. Nice try.