SiouxSports.com Forum

UND-NDSU discussions all topics

iramurphy

Wow, can Bison fans be more full of themselves or what. Yep those teams are scared of North Dakota State, but yet they can schedule other FCS teams.

You know, JohnBoy probably has a point. Just like NDSU's argument against playing UND, there is no upside for an FBS team to play NDSU. On top of that, those teams paid NDSU to get beat.

That 8-6 record was the year NDSU played them.

So what do you derive from that record.  They were 8-5 regular season. They lost to Kansas, Purdue, NDSU, Clemson, EMU there only in conf loss and again Purdue in the bowl game.

So you are going to hang your hat on their record as to the quality of their football team?

• Upvote 1

NDSU's FBS opponents since 2008 (post transition): Wyoming (4-8) Iowa St (7-6), Kansas (3-9), Minnesota (3-9), Colorado State (4-8), Kansas St (8-5), Iowa State (2-10)  total record: 31-55 .360

Bohl had a good strategy, required 6 home games, must schedule cupcake FBS team (K-State only exception), and weak OOC FCS teams (home only!)

What are you trying to prove? NDSU can beat cupcake FBS teams, unlike UND?

What are you trying to prove? NDSU can beat cupcake FBS teams, unlike UND?

No I'm trying to prove maybe NDSU needs to take on the big guy of the FBS not have a writer bitch about not playing cupcake FBS teams any more. Yes UND hasn't beaten an FBS team but neither has your rival SDSU but our writers aren't printing we can't play cupcake FBS teams either.

Check this out from Kolpack today...http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=91979  

I especially thought this was funny.."On that note, I’m further convinced NDSU’s days of scheduling a winnable FBS game are over. The Mid-American Conference has long not answered a 701 area code. I think you can add the lower division teams of the power conferences, too. It took awhile, but they finally figured it out: in this day and age of the spread offense, there are not many physical teams out there anymore and that matchup is something FBS schools want no part of. You can’t blame them. Moreover, that’s only going to drive the price up of a guarantee to another FCS school. They know NDSU’s options are probably limited."

Allow me to translate that: Victim of own success. 

It's a terrible problem to have; it's a great problem to have. 

Check this out from Kolpack today...http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=91979  

I especially thought this was funny.."On that note, I’m further convinced NDSU’s days of scheduling a winnable FBS game are over. The Mid-American Conference has long not answered a 701 area code. I think you can add the lower division teams of the power conferences, too. It took awhile, but they finally figured it out: in this day and age of the spread offense, there are not many physical teams out there anymore and that matchup is something FBS schools want no part of. You can’t blame them. Moreover, that’s only going to drive the price up of a guarantee to another FCS school. They know NDSU’s options are probably limited."

There are those in the North Dakota media for whom there is only one football team in the 701 area code.

We have the luxury of laughing at it here, but for the marketing department trying to establish UND football and the BSC as a viable media share of voice it isn't an amusing problem.

edit: Just a comment on the quoted material, no slight toward FightingSioux87 .

I smell smoke.....

Well on the Foundation side, they spent $86K to hire Mayo, who lasted 20 months.  They've put together a committee to figure out went wrong and are going to spend $10K on that.  Once they figure out went wrong, they plan to form a search committee and spend another $98K or so with a hiring firm.  Not to mention the pending lawsuits by a couple former employees.

On the audit side, I think DCZ's response was about right.  Not the place to pick a fight with the legislators.

“Even though nobody welcomes a performance audit, the University of North Dakota Alumni Association and Foundation will not challenge the audit from the state. We firmly believe we follow best practices as they are outlined in the not-for-profit and higher education sectors.”

On the audit side, I think DCZ's response was about right.  Not the place to pick a fight with the legislators.

“Even though nobody welcomes a performance audit, the University of North Dakota Alumni Association and Foundation will not challenge the audit from the state. We firmly believe we follow best practices as they are outlined in the not-for-profit and higher education sectors.”

Didn't the last Legislature somehow open up the university foundations to public audit? 

EDIT: Found it. It wasn't the legislature. 

One member of the executive committee, Jim Roers, said the NDSU foundation should use this as an opportunity to challenge the original attorney general ruling that made the foundation a public entity last year.

Public entities are open to state audit.