SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 HS hockey season

sioux rube

I laugh at all you know it alls. Minot is a good team. They deserve it. 2 in a row for the west. Love it.

I'm glad Minot decided to play the game! Was worried they'd just take the 2nd place trophy after reading some of the predictions in this thread.

Last night was the best I've seen central play all year. They smashed Bismark physically and the demons laid down. Central also has a better goal tender than Minot. They're out for blood after last year.

Central has the better goalie? I think not. Minot goalie MVP of the tourney.
  • Upvote 1

Coach Paranica may want to step down. Great guy, but you have lost two state titles back to back to west teams.

Credit to Minot on their win. However, that was horrible hockey. Must have iced the puck a million times. I'm embarrassed by the level of play in that final game for ND hockey. MN high school hockey should continue to laugh at us with that display.

Central couldn't score, Minots goalie played well. Central will be contenders next year? Probably and will probably lose again.

Coach Paranica may want to step down. Great guy, but you have lost two state titles back to back to west teams.

Credit to Minot on their win. However, that was horrible hockey. Must have iced the puck a million times. I'm embarrassed by the level of play in that final game for ND hockey. MN high school hockey should continue to laugh at us with that display.

Central couldn't score, Minots goalie played well. Central will be contenders next year? Probably and will probably lose again.

Christ, heard this all before when Tony coached. Who are you going to hire? Guys, high school titles are won at Pee Wee and Bantam levels if not earlier.

Christ, heard this all before when Tony coached. Who are you going to hire? Guys, high school titles are won at Pee Wee and Bantam levels if not earlier.

Find better coaching. Tony wasn't that great either. It's not a job for everyone, but the Grand Forks schools haven't had the benefit of good coaches in decades. Some MN high school are a lot more fortunate. Bottom line.

And if high school titles were won at the Pee Wee and Bantam level, well, Central should have won tonight, then according to your statement. 

The west is getting better. This could be a trend. Not that they will dominate but I can see the west winning every third or even second year or so.

As a Central alum, I'm sorry they lost but I feel really happy and proud for Minot and west schools in general right now. A rising tide lifts all boats, as they say, so this has to be good for hockey across the entire state of North Dakota.

• Upvote 1

The west is getting better. This could be a trend. Not that they will dominate but I can see the west winning every third or even second year or so.

It's happening in every sport. East Wrestling is catching up to the West. Athletes are playing different sports.

Much like when Grafton pulled upsets, I think you still have the same favorites. When you double up on shots in high school and lose, you tip your hat to the goalie, which got both Central and Red River. Losing guys to juniors has really hurt the talent level playing high school hockey. Guys like Benson, Christian and Morelli, as well as others that think they have to play elsewhere to get noticed has taken away the really top end talent.

I've seen some west mite teams the last couple yrs - they are improving big time& Minot is growing big time won't be long for Williston Dickinson & Bismarck to keep improving - Here is a prediction West Fargo will be real good in a few yrs (I have 2 grandsons who will be awesome)

Central played tight tonight. It reminded me of that damn Michigan game from a few years ago. i still think that Minots goalie is aided by their system. He played well but I think people are giving him too much credit. They pack it in and he doesn't have to make very many tough saves.

The bottom line is Minot won the game by playing their asses off and keeping central from getting into any rhythm. They earned it tonight, central did not.