SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 HS hockey season

sioux rube

It shouldn't effect Bismarck High School it the dividing line for Bismarck and Century is the same. It will mostly effect Century High school and not Bismarck.

When I went to Century and you lived south of Divide Ave. you had to request to go to Century.

I believe that most of the Simle kids will end up at Legacy and Wachter will feed Bismarck High so Bismarck High's days of domination could be ending soon.

What would be the difference? Northerners and basers have more boys?

I don't want to get too far off topic, but my theory is that girls from economically disadvantaged households are far less likely to participate in sports than boys from similar households. And let's be honest, the north end of Grand Forks is far more economically disadvantaged than the far south end. The fact that Red River has been better than Central in virtually every girls sport pretty much every year for as far back as I can remember can't be a coincidence. 

I don't want to get too far off topic, but my theory is that girls from economically disadvantaged households are far less likely to participate in sports than boys from similar households. And let's be honest, the north end of Grand Forks is far more economically disadvantaged than the far south end. The fact that Red River has been better than Central in virtually every girls sport pretty much every year for as far back as I can remember can't be a coincidence.

Very true. Part time jobs were much more common.

Extracurricular activities are often defined by how much the household makes. The West and Lake Agassiz and even the Wilder neighborhoods had professional types heading the households that recognized the importance of them and even sacrificed. That is the exception now, as Winships low esteem has taken hold. The Belmont and Lincoln (now Phoenix) feeder schools seemed to have more families with aspirations too, now it seems not so much. To be good, often times a lot of investment (camps etc) goes into it.