SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 HS hockey season

sioux rube

#2 Mahtomedi 6 New Ulm 3 in game 1 a little closer than I figured it would be and a competitive game. 

#3 EGF and New Prague scoreless almost halfway through the 1st. EGF's top line will have a couple goals before this one is over Loven-Bowen-Tweten are really creating some solid chances when they are on the ice,

Bowen just got stopped on a breakaway.

Shocked New Ulm kept it that close... shocked

Either 3A is catching up or Mahtomedi played like crud. 

What the hell it's Ryan Cunningham doing the play by play. Did my girls state hockey tourney games for Jamestown back in 2012. He isn't bad for just starting to do hockey then.

I think he is doing EDC tourney action, I heard him yesterday calling the Red River/Wahpeton game. 

What the hell it's Ryan Cunningham doing the play by play. Did my girls state hockey tourney games for Jamestown back in 2012. He isn't bad for just starting to do hockey then.

I think he worked for the Bismarck Bobcats for a while. 

http://staatalent.com/2013/congratulations/cunningham-is-bobcats-new-hockey-voice/

Shocked New Ulm kept it that close... shocked

Either 3A is catching up or Mahtomedi played like crud. 

I didn't see all of the game but from what I saw I wasn't real impressed and expected a little more from Mahtomedi. I think Mahtomedi may be a little bit of an up and down team just by looking at their schedule and I'm guessing this wasn't one of their better games. 

Only 5 of the last 10, eh? Back when GF used to dominate the rest of the state they'd win 7 or 8 out of every 10 an average. Further evidence that I was right, thanks for the assist.

It's amazing how you keep ignoring what your main point was and the part you were blatantly wrong on. You said that Grand Forks domination would stop because of Fargo and they would be the dominant teams. That's not true in any shape or form.
  • Upvote 2

It was GF vs a western team in the championship. Perhaps Dave meant to say the West will catch and surpass the Fargo schools.

Dave said "inevitable". So im sure he'll gloat one day...wont the Fargo schools have 4 hockey playing teams soon with the same amount of students as RR/Central.

If Fargo gets to have the Dakota Bowl every year from now on, then Grand Forks should have the hockey tournament every year from now on.  Let Minot and Bismarck rotate the Class B Boys and Girls Basketball Tournaments and let Fargo and Grand Forks rotate the Class A Boys and Girls Tournaments.

And I am sick of hearing that REA is just too busy to have the state tournament there anymore.  That is like the Fargodome saying they are too busy to host the Dakota Bowl anymore.  Schedules are made years in advance; figure it out.

I know this was a posted a couple of days ago but I just read it so I'd like to chime in on this comment.  I live out in Minot and there seems to be quite a bit of growing frustration with how the State tournaments in general are set up.  Many out West believe that if the East is the only place that can hold the football and hockey tournaments than the West should be the only place that holds the basketball tournaments.  The East is better suited to hold hockey and football.  Hockey because of the Ralph and Scheels and football due to the availability of indoor stadiums.  However, by that same logic, the West has significantly better facilities for basketball via the Civic Center in Bismarck and a combination of the Dome and Auditorium in Minot.  State basketball at both the Fargo Dome and Alerus is absolutely awful in comparison.  

I know this was a posted a couple of days ago but I just read it so I'd like to chime in on this comment.  I live out in Minot and there seems to be quite a bit of growing frustration with how the State tournaments in general are set up.  Many out West believe that if the East is the only place that can hold the football and hockey tournaments than the West should be the only place that holds the basketball tournaments.  The East is better suited to hold hockey and football.  Hockey because of the Ralph and Scheels and football due to the availability of indoor stadiums.  However, by that same logic, the West has significantly better facilities for basketball via the Civic Center in Bismarck and a combination of the Dome and Auditorium in Minot.  State basketball at both the Fargo Dome and Alerus is absolutely awful in comparison.  

I live in small town eastern ND and believe the "B" should absolutely be in Bismarck EVERY year.

I live in small town eastern ND and believe the "B" should absolutely be in Bismarck EVERY year.

I played in the "B" in Minot. My brother in Bismarck. I live in Fargo now. Both are far better options than the Fargodome.