SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 HS hockey season

sioux rube

Central wins for sure. Wether or not they put up a big number is a question. No way Minot scores more than a goal in a tight game. Central's goalie is too solid for Minot to penetrate. 4-1 Central. I agree with Ray RR might have been the only ones to have the fire power to beat Central in the big one.

Pairings are set for the Minnesota State tournament

Class A Wednesday

11:00 #2 Mahtomedi vs. New Ulm

1:00 #3 East Grand Forks vs. New Prague

6:00 #1 Hermantwon vs. Spring Lake Park

8:00 #4 Breck vs. #5 St. Cloud Apollo

Class AA Thursday

11:00 #2 Edina vs. Bemidji

1:00 #3 St. Thomas Academy vs. Duluth East

6:00 #1 Lakeville North vs. Hill-Murray

8:00 #4 Blaine vs. #5 Eden Prairie

Minot is good. Teams that are "not good" just don't get to the championship game, period. Central played Minot back in December, won 4-2 and outshot them 32-25. Sounds like a competitive game between two good teams that could have gone either way. That doesn't mean Central can't win by 5 or more goals tonight (maybe they will), but it certainly leads me to question the reasoning behind why somebody might think they will win by "at least" 5 goals. Maybe it'll be closer than people think, maybe Minot will even win. I mean, who had South beating Century (arguably the best team in the state) on Thursday? Better yet, who had Grafton beating Red River in the semifinals a few years back when Red River was undefeated? That's why they play the games, people.

Well said Dave. Minot has a damn good goalie. Flom can take over a game with his skill. Yes Central could win by 5 just because they are a little deeper but this is not a for sure win for GF. Drop the puck and let the better team win.
  • Upvote 1

Minot is good. Teams that are "not good" just don't get to the championship game, period. Central played Minot back in December, won 4-2 and outshot them 32-25. Sounds like a competitive game between two good teams that could have gone either way. That doesn't mean Central can't win by 5 or more goals tonight (maybe they will), but it certainly leads me to question the reasoning behind why somebody might think they will win by "at least" 5 goals. Maybe it'll be closer than people think, maybe Minot will even win. I mean, who had South beating Century (arguably the best team in the state) on Thursday? Better yet, who had Grafton beating Red River in the semifinals a few years back when Red River was undefeated? That's why they play the games, people.

Sorry Dave.....forgot u are the great hockey mind on this site. My bad......

• Upvote 2

Disappointing that New Ulm beat Luverne in the sectional final in Class A...

no kidding... Luverne's fatal flaw all year was their goalie and defense and New Ulm lit them up.  Back to the 8-0 beatdowns both nights of section 3A.... sigh

*not a fan of either team since they were our two biggest rivals in hockey and if I had to pick a lesser of the two evils I'd stick with SW Minnesota pride and back Luverne.