SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 HS hockey season

sioux rube

No they don't and I think that the NDHSAA needs to look at breaking this up. This team is basically an all star team.

Dear NDHSAA,

Waaaah! Bismarck doesn't have more than one girls hockey team? That's not fair! This needs to change.

Sincerely,

Grand Forks Girls Hockey

Dear NDHSAA,

Waaaah! Bismarck doesn't have more than one girls hockey team? That's not fair! This needs to change.

Sincerely,

Grand Forks Girls Hockey

Let me preface: I don't have kids or any affiliation with HS/youth Hockey

I read this before your next post and immediately said that person is from Bismarck.  :)

I only asked the question because it seemed rediculous that with how popular hockey is in Bismarck, there is only one team with 5 high schools.

I read this before your next post and immediately said that person is from Bismarck. :)

I only asked the question because it seemed rediculous that with how popular hockey is in Bismarck, there is only one team with 5 high schools.

It's about developing the game in the state. Only 11 teams. Get a 12th team and you could possibly have an east and west region tourney. It's about one team dominating or not. Grow the sport.

It's about developing the game in the state. Only 11 teams. Get a 12th team and you could possibly have an east and west region tourney. It's about one team dominating or not. Grow the sport.

Walsh Hall said they havent been overly dominant.

I am all for encouraging HS athletics.  I see that point.  How do they choose who goes to state with no regional?

I read this before your next post and immediately said that person is from Bismarck. :)

Sorry, never lived in Bismarck and have no connections to the program there. My original comment wasn't directed specifically at you - my apologies if it was taken that way. Just found it funny that the conglomerates of Fargo and Grand Forks are upset at a western program that's apparently too big for Its own britches.

How many of the girls on the Bismarck team got to Century and Bismarck?

Bismarck's roster isn't broken out like that. https://sites.google.com/a/bismarckschools.org/bismarck-blizzard-girls-hockey/roster

Here's Fargo North/South/Shanley's: https://sites.google.com/a/fargoschools.org/fargo-north-girls-hockey/roster

With a combined 10-12 enrollment of 1707, it'd be tough to get another 30 girls to play. 

In looking at the past girl's champs, and the past records, it doesn't look like Bismarck has been overly dominant.  It is surprising that GF, with only one team, hasn't been better.

I would be willing to bet that the vast majority of the players on Grand Forks' team are from Red River. If Central could field a team, it would. But the reality is that the way the high school district boundary is drawn in Grand Forks makes it a challenge for Central to be competitive in a lot of sports, particularly on the girls side.

A couple of WF's better players are Fr.

I coached the girls team in Jamestown for 4 years. My first year was mostly 9th and 8th graders and made state. Last 2 years I had 12 players and we managed to take 5th and 4th at state. With our success the youth program in town is now thriving.

A couple of WF's better players are Fr.

I coached the girls team in Jamestown for 4 years. My first year was mostly 9th and 8th graders and made state. Last 2 years I had 12 players and we managed to take 5th and 4th at state. With our success the youth program in town is now thriving.