SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-15 HS hockey season

sioux rube

Central played tight tonight. It reminded me of that damn Michigan game from a few years ago. i still think that Minots goalie is aided by their system. He played well but I think people are giving him too much credit. They pack it in and he doesn't have to make very many tough saves.

The bottom line is Minot won the game by playing their asses off and keeping central from getting into any rhythm. They earned it tonight, central did not.

Again I have seen Minot 7 times. The kid is damn good. There is a reason he was one of the 2 finalists for senior of the year.

So this now makes four different teams from four different cities that have won the last four state tournaments. There is no question in my mind that the era of any one school or any one city having a monopoly on state championships is officially over. I saw this coming years ago, and got mocked and ridiculed for suggesting the possibility. He who gets the last laugh...

PS - I've earned the right to gloat based on how my prediction was made fun of, so don't try to tell me I'm a jerk for gloating.

Wow Dave, don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back.

He who gets the last laugh...

How's that saying go again? He who gets the last laugh laughs last? Not ringing any bells.

Hey, I'll tell you what. I can get a good look at a butcher's ass by stickin' my head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it? No, what I mean is, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a butcher's ass...no, wait, it's gotta be your bull.

giphy.gif

How's that saying go again? He who gets the last laugh laughs last? Not ringing any bells.

Hey, I'll tell you what. I can get a good look at a butcher's ass my stickin' my head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it? No, what I mean is, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a butcher's ass...no, wait, it's gotta be your bull.

So Dave's the bull?

I usually I understand you, but WTH, have you been celebrating with gfhockey

Hey, I'll tell you what. I can get a good look at a butcher's ass my stickin' my head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it? No, what I mean is, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a butcher's ass...no, wait, it's gotta be your bull.

giphy.gif

90siouxfan, the expression is "he who laughs last, laughs best (or loudest)." I was taking a friendly poke at DaveK by using an old Tommy Boy reference where Chris Farley mangles a joke/sales closing line that his dad used on a customer - "I can get a good look at a T-bone by stickin' my head up a bull's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?"

SOG...38-17 Central. Didn't see the game but sounds like the goalie stole one.

Not really. Central didn't have more than 5 quality shots. The lanes were so clogged up that most of the shots that hit the net were pedestrian.

Both Minot goals came off of Centrals goalie miss handling the puck on easy dump ins.

• Upvote 1

Not really. Central didn't have more than 5 quality shots. The lanes were so clogged up that most of the shots that hit the net were pedestrian.

Both Minot goals came off of Centrals goalie miss handling the puck on easy dump ins.

Thought he was so great. :p

Much better venue than Ralph from what I've heard from many.

Lot of complaints about the ice though. I didn't think it was to bad Thursday but as the tourney went on you could see the water standing more and more during the play.

Lot of complaints about the ice though. I didn't think it was to bad Thursday but as the tourney went on you could see the water standing more and more during the play.

Good point.

Why was the ice bad? Was there a concert earlier in the week or something?

It has never been good since the joint was built. My girls high school team played games there 6 years ago and it sucked then and never improved the next 4 years we played there. Like I said before the place was built cheap.

I think the "poor ice" issue is a little over dramatized. Don't seem to hear much about it from the those associated with the Force very often. I know it's not perfect ice but very decent most of the time.