SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Arizona @ UND

The Sicatoka

Bonehead play by NAU QB not to just go down on 3rd down with 2 minutes to play may have cost them the game.  Could have run a ton of time off the clock as UND was out of timeouts.  Ended up punting into the end zone for a touchback.  Heck, even running 10 or 15 yards straight backward or in circles wouldn't have hurt as much as clocking it where he did.

That said, great composure by UND to snatch this one from the jaws of defeat!

• Upvote 1

One play in particular that deserves some mention is William James forcing a fumble in the red zone. That was, to me, the play of the game. It set the tone for the d and was a huge points swing.

Great play! Still confused by all the 3rd and long conversions though- we need more football awareness in those situations.

even with a slimmed down offense play chart i saw enough of studsrud to say he's the guy going forward...he just looks like a qb...i've seen people here all him danny freund 2.0...i would add in a little k klosterman too...fun game and the small crowd was treated to a great game...

gotta love those out of town scores on the new million dollar scoreboard....i think southern utah's game against montana stayed in the first quarter for about three hours!!!

• Upvote 1

I too like what I saw from Studsrud when he was given the opportunity. I hated the play calling though on offense. When you run 30+ times in a row the defense is going to realize what you are doing. Throw a play action in there or something.

And yet we won. If we had WRs to go to we'd have thrown a lot more.

Give the team credit...after last week this is a huge win.

I agree, Oxbow6...sure would have been easy to mail in a couple of games and call it a season for 2014. Instead, this team dug down deep and pulled off a nice upset at home today. Congrats to Bubba, the coaching staff, and the team on a big win today. Well done!

gotta love those out of town scores on the new million dollar scoreboard....i think southern utah's game against montana stayed in the first quarter for about three hours!!!

That game didn't start until 2:00 Central. They should list the starting time instead of 1st Quarter.

And yet we won. If we had WRs to go to we'd have thrown a lot more.

Yeah no doubt.  You'd think after running 30 straight times it would be easy to get a step or two on a DB and hit one over the top, but the two times we did the defender was right there....and the one time the defender was a step further downfield than our receiver.  We need somebody to stretch the field.

That game didn't start until 2:00 Central. They should list the starting time instead of 1st Quarter.

i was just pointing out how stupid the video boards are at the alerus... a static alerus logo, a static und logo, and out of date out of town scores...maybe just go full screen and wow the taxpayers with 100 percent of the board????

Attendance was 5,916.

Those that came were treated to a helluva game.  That was a lot of fun.  It sure was a satisfying feeling to be playing good football against a good team again. 

Can't say enough about the way Jer Garmen played yesterday, and for the last 3-4 weeks for that matter.  The kid must have been battling something, because he was dry-heaving over the garbage can on the sidelines just a matter of minutes before he broke off that 78 yard run. 

Now lets finish strong against UNC, and hit the off season with some positivity..............