SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Polls Week of 10-20-14

Matt

Couldn't agree less. IMO, the UND game is not, and has never been, fun. The level of animosity is poisonous to both schools.

"Fun" games are not about hatred and venom. NDSU's rivalry with SDSU is, for instance, 10X more fun than its old, tired, and toxic intrastate rivalry.

"Fun", I could give a crap less.  I like Woodie Hayes pushing his car across the state line so he didn't have to fuel up in Michigan "Passion".  So you clearly have no idea what a rivalry is.

Interest is high for all NDSU games, regardless of opponent. All games will sellout within a few hours.

It's not a sellout unless the students buy all their tickets, they have 400 un-bought tickets for this weekend. The student section will be sold out for this game.

"Fun", I could give a crap less.  I like Woodie Hayes pushing his car across the state line so he didn't have to fuel up in Michigan "Passion".  So you clearly have no idea what a rivalry is.

Really? A rivalry game has value even if it's not fun. Wow, that is so warped it's truly sad.

Really? A rivalry game has value even if it's not fun. Wow, that is so warped it's truly sad.

well its fun for you to come here and make alot of arguments mostly in excuses.

if there is no point + Noone at NDSU cares+ Not Fun + No Rivalry, then why are you here? 

Good take here.  There is a perception among more casual football fans that NDSU is on a different level.  There is a better chance than not that UND narrows that gap next fall.  Schwiegert was smart to press the issue with Faison, to get it done whatever it took.   

I agree with you, NDSU can't win anything higher than the FCS champioship, don't see how its possible to get any greater exposure than what they have gotten and UND can't get lower than last 5-6 yrs.  The only direction possible is to get narrow and the exposer NDSU will give UND will help that with the upcoming game.  Its a win win for UND and probably just a win for NDSU.

I think he was making more a point about having passion in the game, and passion about the game.  Rivalry games have more passion than the average game.  The fact that you think the entire history of the UND-NDSU rivalry was not fun and people didn't enjoy it........well not that you had an credibility, but the tiny sliver of it that you may have had.... well you lost it.  

• Upvote 1

Dude.... I feel sorry for you then if that is how you feel, I really do.  And if that is the case....then why don't you get the hell off here and go have some 'fun' on the SDSU site.

Just for fun I went and took a look at the SDSU message board to see how many bison fans are posting about their big game against their true rival this weekend.  I didn't look at the posts, but the Dakota Marker thread has 9 pages (81 posts) total.  Compare that to this thread at 28 pages and 550+ posts...and that's not even counting the other threads that have been shut down since the announcement of next years games a couple months ago.  I can see how the Bison fans think SDSU is their rival and UND means nothing to them.   :silly:  

Just for fun I went and took a look at the SDSU message board to see how many bison fans are posting about their big game against their true rival this weekend. I didn't look at the posts, but the Dakota Marker thread has 9 pages (81 posts) total. Compare that to this thread at 28 pages and 550+ posts...and that's not even counting the other threads that have been shut down since the announcement of next years games a couple months ago. I can see how the Bison fans think SDSU is their rival and UND means nothing to them. :silly:

Right on.

NDSU fans don't even realize they want the rivalry game played, like I mentioned earlier.

Hardly a scientific poll. No more conclusive than a poll of Siouxsports.com or Bisonville might be.

So please tell us how in the hell is your polling data any more accurate? I cannot believe a 50-year-old man would spend his time trolling on another schools message board. You are a total Monistat seven bag

Pouring your heart and soul into a game makes it naturally exciting and yes, fun. You don't wake up in the morning and just declare you are going to have fun. That's the point. No passion, no excitement, no build up, no trash talking, no fun.

This is a football topic thus talking about football makes sense.

Buttfootball was a phrase stolen by UND and used by NDSU fans to describe you bringing up hockey at any possible opportunity. Really original. For the record, check out how successful NDSU has been in men's basketball, track, softball and baseball in recent years. Furthest thing from a football only school.

Like FU using the Texas Hook Em Horns and thinking they own it.

• Upvote 1

True football rivals don't have their alumni converting to fans of the other football team, tailgating at their football games, attending games of the other football team, and going to Frisco to support the other football team.

I work with a guy who is in his 50's and graduated from UND. He told me last week he hasn't seen a UND football game since 2006. I asked him why and he said him and his wife, who also graduated from UND, spend their Saturdays tailgating at NDSU football games so it is hard to catch UND games! True story.

Even Joel Heitkamp himself is a Bison fan now!

True football rivals don't have their alumni converting to fans of the other football team, tailgating at their football games, attending games of the other football team, and going to Frisco to support the other football team.

I work with a guy who is in his 50's and graduated from UND. He told me last week he hasn't seen a UND football game since 2006. I asked him why and he said him and his wife, who also graduated from UND, spend their Saturdays tailgating at NDSU football games so it is hard to catch UND games! True story.

So 1 example of a sell-out makes your whole case. You are an idiot, true story.

Even Joel Heitkamp himself is a Bison fan now!

uh, no he isnt. He has to go to some games cause of KFGO. BV rips him for being a UND fan. Which one is it?

So just because someone goes to a game make them that team's fan? 

Hmm, so that section in Montana apparel at the Mont vs UND game were UND fans?

That guy wearing the Marlins jersey at the Giants vs Royals game was a Royals fan?

The girl I personally saw wearing a Avalanche jersey to the Wild vs Kings game was a Wild fan?

It is ussually about getting the experience and what game is feasible to go to. Right now nothing is to draw the UND allums to Grand Forks on Saturdays to watch football. If the team is doing well they will pay to travel up, if not they will just go watch whoever is local. I have been to games just because they were in the same town, while on vacation and while living there, even though I don't like either team.

So 1 example of a sell-out makes your whole case. You are an idiot, true story.

Many more examples of that. Seems like every weekend I see Facebook pictures posted of guys I know who went to UND, decked to the 9's in Bison gear tailgating at NDSU.

These bandwagon fans you guys love to talk about? They aren't casual fans. They are people who once were fans of UND!

Probably why UND attendance continues to decline. More and more UND alumni flock to NDSU to have a better time and watch a better product.

Many more examples of that. Seems like every weekend I see Facebook pictures posted of guys I know who went to UND, decked to the 9's in Bison gear tailgating at NDSU.

These bandwagon fans you guys love to talk about? They aren't casual fans. They are people who once were fans of UND!

Probably why UND attendance continues to decline. More and more UND alumni flock to NDSU to have a better time and watch a better product.

Here's a crazy thought. Unlike some Bison/UND fans. Some UND fans are indeed fans of both UND and NDSU. Both fans of UND/NDSU football and UND hockey. 

But from what I see most of those fans are from Fargo, went to UND, and returned to Fargo. Living in Fargo it "comes with the territory:" aka people looking to "party" without driving to GF.

Here's a crazy thought. Unlike some Bison/UND fans. Some UND fans are indeed fans of both UND and NDSU. Both fans of UND/NDSU football and UND hockey. 

But from what I see most of those fans are from Fargo, went to UND, and returned to Fargo. Living in Fargo it "comes with the territory:" aka people looking to "party" without driving to GF.

It usually always turns out this way. No matter where. USD and SDSU alumni are always going to the other depending on where they are. Seems like alot of the USD game day crowd is from Yankton, Sioux City, Mitchell, Some Sioux Falls(more to SDSU as it is closer). While SDSU is more Brookings, Huron, Watertown, Sioux Falls. 

Most are FOOTBALL fans, many just like to see a game at the cheapest possible

LMAO.

I guess that's why my cousin who went to UND and lives in Dickinson calls me after every Bison game that he watches each Saturday and drives to Fargo twice a year to tailgate.

Besides people who have kids at UND, I don't know a single NDSU fan who spends their Saturdays in GF watching UND football.