SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Polls Week of 10-20-14

Matt

Buttfootball

This is a football topic thus talking about football makes sense.

Buttfootball was a phrase stolen by UND and used by NDSU fans to describe you bringing up hockey at any possible opportunity. Really original. For the record, check out how successful NDSU has been in men's basketball, track, softball and baseball in recent years. Furthest thing from a football only school.

• Upvote 1

There is no such poll to link to...at least not that I'm aware of.

This is based entirely on my experience as a Bison fan and the idea that NDSU administrators do listen to fans and supporters. If those fans and supporters had really wanted this game to happen it would have happened years ago.

So ass numbers it is.

So ass numbers it is.

It is interesting that, in a poll you posted, 76% of ND residents said that the Legislature should not mandate that the two teams play each other.

I know, it's not that same thing as saying that two should not play each other. But 76% is a huge majority. And that was a scientific poll..

• Upvote 1

NDSU doesn't need defending.

UND fans, on the other hand, could use a little enlightenment.

Your reading comprehension is weak.

I never said that I was here to enlighten you...only that UND fans need enlightening. I couldn't care less if you get that needed enlightenment.

You didn't say it, but you implied it.  When someone posted that you were here defending NDSU you said that NDSU doesn't need defending but UND fans need enlightenment.  That is an implication that your purpose in posting on this forum is to enlighten UND fans.  Of course, your real purpose is to troll.  60+ posts bragging about NDSU on a UND forum in a 24 hour period would support that trolling diagnosis.

• Upvote 2

It is interesting that, in a poll you posted, 76% of ND residents said that the Legislature should not mandate that the two teams play each other.

I know, it's not that same thing as saying that two should not play each other. But 76% is a huge majority. And that was a scientific poll..

And it means that North Dakota citizens believe that the Legislature has more important issues to deal with than scheduling a game.  Things like oil revenue, potentially reforming taxes, dealing with increasing crime, infrastructure issues, housing, etc.  Scheduling a game shouldn't be put in state law.  Not even an NDSU fan can connect that poll with whether people want to see the game.

This is a football topic thus talking about football makes sense.

Buttfootball was a phrase stolen by UND and used by NDSU fans to describe you bringing up hockey at any possible opportunity. Really original. For the record, check out how successful NDSU has been in men's basketball, track, softball and baseball in recent years. Furthest thing from a football only school.

I know exactly where the term came from and it perfectly describes a very large number of "NDSU" fans.  Your comment about volleyball fit with the buttfootball attitude.

And it means that North Dakota citizens believe that the Legislature has more important issues to deal with than scheduling a game. Things like oil revenue, potentially reforming taxes, dealing with increasing crime, infrastructure issues, housing, etc. Scheduling a game shouldn't be put in state law. Not even an NDSU fan can connect that poll with whether people want to see the game.

Bingo!!!

Back to actual poll talk for a moment, it's hard to believe idaho St. is now the third-highest ranked Big Sky team in the GPI: http://www.collegesportingnews.com/articles/20141028gpi.htm

Kramer seems to be doing a nice job with the Bengals.  Most UND fans probably don't realize it, but ISU won a national title in the 80's.  I would like to see Idaho St. return and maintain some relevance.  Having another state-named school be a consistent player in the Big Sky would be good for the conference........

• Upvote 1

And it means that North Dakota citizens believe that the Legislature has more important issues to deal with than scheduling a game.  Things like oil revenue, potentially reforming taxes, dealing with increasing crime, infrastructure issues, housing, etc.  Scheduling a game shouldn't be put in state law.  Not even an NDSU fan can connect that poll with whether people want to see the game.

You're right. It does reflect the good sense of the people of ND.

Nevertheless, it's interesting...

These arguments are getting a little ridiculous.  If UND wins / keeps it close even, does it help their football team?  Yes it does.  Don't get me wrong, but some kids want to go to a program that has a chance at winning.  UND can prove they are on par with NDSU and that would be huge.  Does NDSU have anything to gain?  Yes they do.  Say they come out and beat UND by 35pts.  In the bandwagon fans eyes, that won't be a big enough spread.  In the coaches eyes, it shows recruits of both schools who is superior right now.  Will that change over time, yes it will, because, despite what Lakes' posse says, NDSU will not be #1 forever and win 100 games in a row.  At some point you come back to the pack.  Either way, it is a win win for both communities and universities.  The crowd will be electric, and I guarantee this "non" rivalry game will be louder than most playoff games at the dome.  So let's get back on topic of the FCS Polls and talk about why no voters have mistaken UND for NDSU this year :silly:

• Upvote 2

These arguments are getting a little ridiculous.  If UND wins / keeps it close even, does it help their football team?  Yes it does.  Don't get me wrong, but some kids want to go to a program that has a chance at winning.  UND can prove they are on par with NDSU and that would be huge.  Does NDSU have anything to gain?  Yes they do.  Say they come out and beat UND by 35pts.  In the bandwagon fans eyes, that won't be a big enough spread.  In the coaches eyes, it shows recruits of both schools who is superior right now.  Will that change over time, yes it will, because, despite what Lakes' posse says, NDSU will not be #1 forever and win 100 games in a row.  At some point you come back to the pack.  Either way, it is a win win for both communities and universities.  The crowd will be electric, and I guarantee this "non" rivalry game will be louder than most playoff games at the dome.  So let's get back on topic of the FCS Polls and talk about why no voters have mistaken UND for NDSU this year :silly:

I think you're going to be disappointed by the atmosphere at the game next year. This not a big game...for NDSU.

I think you're going to be disappointed by the atmosphere at the game next year. This not a big game...for NDSU.

No you are right it is a HUGE GAME for NDSU. If they have nothing to gain against a school 70 miles away then it means even more to them. If they are really on top of the mountain then no home games mean nothingn to them. If it isn't a big game to NDSU then we sure will see alot more UND fans at the game, even though most of the comments I saw on the media reports from NDSU fans and from hearing from NDSU students are that they are going to try their hardest to get tickets.

Kramer seems to be doing a nice job with the Bengals. Most UND fans probably don't realize it, but ISU won a national title in the 80's. I would like to see Idaho St. return and maintain some relevance. Having another state-named school be a consistent player in the Big Sky would be good for the conference........

They have done an incredible job turning things around, and is close to being ranked. It would be great to see ISU get a playoff berth, a huge boost for that program. They come to Grand Forks next October.

No you are right it is a HUGE GAME for NDSU. If they have nothing to gain against a school 70 miles away then it means even more to them. If they are really on top of the mountain then no home games mean nothingn to them. If it isn't a big game to NDSU then we sure will see alot more UND fans at the game, even though most of the comments I saw on the media reports from NDSU fans and from hearing from NDSU students are that they are going to try their hardest to get tickets.

Huh? NDSU sold out a game against Incarnate Word. You're not going to see many UND people in the Dome next year.

Huh? NDSU sold out a game against Incarnate Word. You're not going to see many UND people in the Dome next year.

Wasn't it the first home game of the season?  And didn't they do some kind of sheet raising?  Might those be related to a big crowd?

And you can tell us all about how the football team chanted something about Incarnate Word during a trophy ceremony.  Or how last year's homecoming royalty went to Incarnate Word to pull a prank.  Yep, interest in Incarnate Word was just as high as interest in UND.

Wasn't it the first home game of the season?  And didn't they do some kind of sheet raising?  Might those be related to a big crowd?

And you can tell us all about how the football team chanted something about Incarnate Word during a trophy ceremony.  Or how last year's homecoming royalty went to Incarnate Word to pull a prank.  Yep, interest in Incarnate Word was just as high as interest in UND.

Interest is high for all NDSU games, regardless of opponent. All games will sellout within a few hours.

Couldn't agree less. IMO, the UND game is not, and has never been, fun. The level of animosity is poisonous to both schools.

"Fun" games are not about hatred and venom. NDSU's rivalry with SDSU is, for instance, 10X more fun than its old, tired, and toxic intrastate rivalry.

Dude.... I feel sorry for you then if that is how you feel, I really do.  And if that is the case....then why don't you get the hell off here and go have some 'fun' on the SDSU site.

• Upvote 2

Absolutely zero doubt that the ticket prices set by NDSU's athletic department will make this the highest price game on the schedule. Similar to what NDSU did with their basketball tickets this year.  Secondary market prices will exceed any other game NDSU has had on their schedule in past.  Keep your head in the sand though.  There will be lots of fans (NDSU and UND) that will be more than happy to have your tickets for this "non big game".

I have a feeling there are going to be more than you think.