SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Polls Week of 10-20-14

Matt

What I don't understand is that NDSU says they will whip UND no matter what, but yet they are afraid of the consequence if they lose? If they were so sure they would win they wouldn't have to 1. comment as they would be too good to care. and 2. Wouldn't be afraid of what may happen to recruiting because it will be a whooping. So obviously these two NDSU "fans" care since they are going on non-stop about the game.

2nd: no team is ever going to win the rest of the national championships. NDSU will have their down time and I feel like it will be sooner then later. 

This topic is the reason I would rather read SS than Bville.  Usually Bville has 6 posters that post on every topic and know everything there is to know about everything.  It looks like we have a couple here.  The problem with the game is the fans.  Right now, not 1 team is focusing on this game.  UND is playing the #6 team in the country and NDSU is playing their current rival.  Again, come the start of next season, the teams still won't focus on the game.  They will worry about it in the week leading up to it.  UND will be up for the game as Bubba has experienced this rivalry and that will show to the players.  NDSU coaches haven't, but look at the games they have been a part of in the last 4 years.  NDSU fans might be worried about a loss, but I'm sure the players will treat it like business as usual, and right now, business is booming.

This topic is the reason I would rather read SS than Bville.  Usually Bville has 6 posters that post on every topic and know everything there is to know about everything.  It looks like we have a couple here.  The problem with the game is the fans.  Right now, not 1 team is focusing on this game.  UND is playing the #6 team in the country and NDSU is playing their current rival.  Again, come the start of next season, the teams still won't focus on the game.  They will worry about it in the week leading up to it.  UND will be up for the game as Bubba has experienced this rivalry and that will show to the players.  NDSU coaches haven't, but look at the games they have been a part of in the last 4 years.  NDSU fans might be worried about a loss, but I'm sure the players will treat it like business as usual, and right now, business is booming.

I still don't know how SDSU is a rival with them. Atleast half my graduating class attends SDSU, and I have seen one post or heard of any chatter from theem about playing NDSU. Just a bunch of trying to trash USD students.

2 points was all I am trying to make.

1.) NDSU fans, by a majority, do not want to play you no matter what lies you are trying to throw out there.

2.) NDSU has very good reasons for not wanting to play you.

#1 is your opinion only and doesn't refect on the majority of NDSU fans since they were all never asked, and #2 those reasons are laughable and stupid.

2 points was all I am trying to make.

1.) NDSU fans, by a majority, do not want to play you no matter what lies you are trying to throw out there.

Scared

2.) NDSU has very good reasons for not wanting to play you.

Scared

It's more of the current "Made up conference rival."  Kind of like someone on here posted Montana is your Conference rival. ;) 

Montana ran the score up on us, so there is some true bad blood there.  I think there is some very strong genuine dislike on our side for Montana.  Even given them running up the score, we don't claim them as our biggest rival overall.

Excuse me...RACIAL, HOSTILE (not hostel), Abusive. My man, the lack of sex is getting to your brain. You are probably one of those fans that played in high school and in 12th grade were still on J.V. Get out of here with that BULLS&^%. You are so freaking pathetic. The biggest thing at UND is playing NDSU. You are such a loser that I really can't believe they even let you in this forum. You sound like a B*&CH. You can't imagine how idiotic you sound. I have never been so pissed at ignorance as that moronic, ignorant, stupid, asinine, brainless,... There are not enough adjectives that describes how un intelligent you sound.

Why would it matter if he was on JV his senior year of high school?

You should settle down and take it easy on your keyboard...I can hear it getting smashed from halfway across the country.

Of course su fans are concerned about playing us. It's the nothing to gain but everything to lose for them. In their eyes su needs to win by 50 in order to win the game. That's about the spread they think they have. Truth is, it probably was but it won't be in four years and chances are next year won't be a blowout. What happens to the pedestal su is on? What happens when thousands of Sioux fans return to UND and leave su?

Of course su fans are concerned about playing us. It's the nothing to gain but everything to lose for them. In their eyes su needs to win by 50 in order to win the game. That's about the spread they think they have. Truth is, it probably was but it won't be in four years and chances are next year won't be a blowout. What happens to the pedestal su is on? What happens when thousands of Sioux fans return to UND and leave su?

So, you're saying that thousands of UND fans have left to become Bison fans? Fickle bunch.

You know this is really all getting kind of funny at this point.  Last night after I read about 15 pages worth of posts and then went to bed, I actually laughed and smiled a little bit about it.  The heat in this thread, is exactly why this game should be played periodically at least.  This is a big rivalry and always will be!   Yes I know Bisonalumni is so worried about any little thing that may somewhat tarnish NDSU being on top.  I mean I kinda get that you are so worried about that.  But you know what when the game rolls around.....who cares....it is going to be a great atmosphere!!!  You've never been to one so you don't know it.  At some point down the road.....who knows may take 10 or 20 years for you to admit it or see it.......you will probably admit it is good that the two schools play and knock horns.  Beating NDSU is not better than a championship and nobody here has ever said that.  It is a real fun game though that both players and fans on both sides get jacked up for.   Once it happens......enjoy the game....it will be fun, don't sit and worry about only beating us by 14 points and therefore hurt your recruiting.  Just enjoy the moment of the game, and then if you get to beat us you get to come talk some smack (somewhat respectfully I hope) and then years we win we get to talk smack to you guys.  That is how it works and why it is a great rivalry and should be played periodically.

Ok I think we are done here now on this topic (at least within this thread perhaps).

You know this is really all getting kind of funny at this point. Last night after I read about 15 pages worth of posts and then went to bed, I actually laughed and smiled a little bit about it. The heat in this thread, is exactly why this game should be played periodically at least. This is a big rivalry and always will be! Yes I know Bisonalumni is so worried about any little thing that may somewhat tarnish NDSU being on top. I mean I kinda get that you are so worried about that. But you know what when the game rolls around.....who cares....it is going to be a great atmosphere!!! You've never been to one so you don't know it. At some point down the road.....who knows may take 10 or 20 years for you to admit it or see it.......you will probably admit it is good that the two schools play and knock horns. Beating NDSU is not better than a championship and nobody here has ever said that. It is a real fun game though that both players and fans on both sides get jacked up for. Once it happens......enjoy the game....it will be fun, don't sit and worry about only beating us by 14 points and therefore hurt your recruiting. Just enjoy the moment of the game, and then if you get to beat us you get to come talk some smack (somewhat respectfully I hope) and then years we win we get to talk smack to you guys. That is how it works and why it is a great rivalry and should be played periodically.

Ok I think we are done here now on this topic (at least within this thread perhaps).

You sound like my dad. Gross.

I still don't know how SDSU is a rival with them. Atleast half my graduating class attends SDSU, and I have seen one post or heard of any chatter from theem about playing NDSU. Just a bunch of trying to trash USD students.

It was kind of heated for a while, SDSU beat NDSU three straight times from 2007-2009 but now SDSU losing 5 straight to NDSU has kind of taken the steam out of things. 

Not sure NDSU really has a rival in football at the moment. 

So, you're saying that thousands of UND fans have left to become Bison fans? Fickle bunch.

He never said that they were Bison fans. There are alums, and fans of UND in all other sports that just don't see the point as of now to drive from Fargo to Grand Forks on Saturdays like they used to. If they still want to watch the sport they will just occasionally buy a ticket to the in town game, in that case NDSU. It similar to going to a Vikings game and seeing quite a few people wearing jerseys and shirts from other teams not playing. They want to see a game but not worth the travel at that moment. Heck even a Marlins fan was at the Giants-Royals game last night.

You know this is really all getting kind of funny at this point.  Last night after I read about 15 pages worth of posts and then went to bed, I actually laughed and smiled a little bit about it.  The heat in this thread, is exactly why this game should be played periodically at least.  This is a big rivalry and always will be!   Yes I know Bisonalumni is so worried about any little thing that may somewhat tarnish NDSU being on top.  I mean I kinda get that you are so worried about that.  But you know what when the game rolls around.....who cares....it is going to be a great atmosphere!!!  You've never been to one so you don't know it.  At some point down the road.....who knows may take 10 or 20 years for you to admit it or see it.......you will probably admit it is good that the two schools play and knock horns.  Beating NDSU is not better than a championship and nobody here has ever said that.  It is a real fun game though that both players and fans on both sides get jacked up for.   Once it happens......enjoy the game....it will be fun, don't sit and worry about only beating us by 14 points and therefore hurt your recruiting.  Just enjoy the moment of the game, and then if you get to beat us you get to come talk some smack (somewhat respectfully I hope) and then years we win we get to talk smack to you guys.  That is how it works and why it is a great rivalry and should be played periodically.

Couldn't agree less. IMO, the UND game is not, and has never been, fun. The level of animosity is poisonous to both schools.

"Fun" games are not about hatred and venom. NDSU's rivalry with SDSU is, for instance, 10X more fun than its old, tired, and toxic intrastate rivalry.

Have anything actual numbers to back that claim up?  Here are the results of poll of NDSU students done in February of this year:

Do you think NDSU should play UND in football?

59% - Yes

32% - Indifferent

9% - No