SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT: UND Homecoming vs PSU

geaux_sioux

I will taken all the thoughts and present them to thr Gobc tm

The gobc doesn't need any thoughts or input from outsiders! They run the chosen city & the athletic dept. Now, pick up the phone & call Rudolph again & tell him who to play @ QB & how to run "his" offense ASAP.

The type of offense they've implemented suits Bartels' talents. I don't see them benching Joe after he went 7 of 8 to start the game...but I'd like to see Bartels given a shot after what he did in the 2nd half.

I keep hearing that Molberg is so much more mobile than Bartels, that Rudolph wants a QB that can run it, and that is a big reason Molberg won the job out of fall camp.  I haven't seen anything from Joe in a season and a half that would indicate that he is all that fleet of foot.........

• Upvote 1

Great to see the offense, defense, and special teams come up with a big play with the game on the line.

My hat is off to Bartels.  It is no small thing to come into a game like that absolutely cold.  No warm up, limited 1st team reps during the week, and lead the team like he did in that 2nd half.  I would be interested to see what he could do with two weeks with the first team to prepare for SUU.  He should get the chance.  It isn't as though there is a lot of room to regress-Joe hasn't exactly led this offense to even mediocre status in the conference or the nation.

I keep hearing that Molberg is so much more mobile than Bartels, that Rudolph wants a QB that can run it, and that is a big reason Molberg won the job out of fall camp. I haven't seen anything from Joe in a season and a half that would indicate that he is all that fleet of foot.........

Joe is not very mobile, not quick in the least. Stiff with slow feet. Ryan is a worse runner yet.

Great to see the offense, defense, and special teams come up with a big play with the game on the line.

My hat is off to Bartels. It is no small thing to come into a game like that absolutely cold. No warm up, limited 1st team reps during the week, and lead the team like he did in that 2nd half. I would be interested to see what he could do with two weeks with the first team to prepare for SUU. He should get the chance. It isn't as though there is a lot of room to regress-Joe hasn't exactly led this offense to even mediocre status in the conference or the nation.

Very good point. Bartels epitomized yesterday why the QB position is as much mental as it is physical.

In the first half, without the mindset he was going to play, Bartels wasn't very effective. In the second half, after collecting his thoughts at halftime, Bartels came out and played real good.

I say let Bartels prepare as the starter for 2 weeks and give him the opportunity to get us to .500 with a win vs. SUU.

• Upvote 1

The weird thing is that if you go back and look at Bartels' 2012 info on rivals, he was described as a "dual threat" quarterback. 

Mollberg also came in touted as a very athletic, mobile, running QB.  Ran for over 1,000 yds as a HS Jr QB, while that ankle injury limited his play & his games Sr year, I believe.

I know Joe has bulked up quite a bit since coming to UND... I've thought this whole season that Joe should drop a few pounds in order to regain some of that speed & mobility he used to have.  Work on some speed training in the off-season, if that's what Rudolph wants in this offense from the QB. 

Definitely will be interesting to see what happens the rest of this year (Bartels & Mollberg) & for next season, if Bartels, Mollberg & Studsrud are all in the mix.

Mollberg also came in touted as a very athletic, mobile, running QB.  Ran for over 1,000 yds as a HS Jr QB, while that ankle injury limited his play & his games Sr year, I believe.

I know Joe has bulked up quite a bit since coming to UND... I've thought this whole season that Joe should drop a few pounds in order to regain some of that speed & mobility he used to have.  Work on some speed training in the off-season, if that's what Rudolph wants in this offense from the QB. 

Definitely will be interesting to see what happens the rest of this year (Bartels & Mollberg) & for next season, if Bartels, Mollberg & Studsrud are all in the mix.

Most guys can handle extra weight and not lose speed and mobility, not sure with Joe, cause he was a pretty good runner in high school. You can project players to drop a few tenths off a 40 in college. I think Joe added a tenth.

He needs to run more in the off season. Anthony Munoz ran miles and miles every day, that's why he was so good for a long time and light on his feet. Joe needs to trim up and get quicker and more flexible.

I think he did some of that off season stuff in Grand Forks years ago with the UND sports acceleration folks, unless I am getting him mixed up with another former Cincy player.

I think he did some of that off season stuff in Grand Forks years ago with the UND sports acceleration folks, unless I am getting him mixed up with another former Cincy player.

No you have it right, they have a plyometric pattern named after him. He could do it faster than most skill position guys. He was lean quick and mean.