SiouxSports.com Forum

Obsession

gfhockey

A agree, no need for a fine...that essay will be plenty. I know I would have a hard time if I had to do that on ndsu.

I think the essay is all that was needed for punishment.  No need for a fine unless there was damage to the property.  I love a good prank and don't want to see students become too afraid to continue those types of shenanigans for fear of a criminal record.  Keep it creative, don't cause property damage and all is good.

They were trying to take letters off of the building...

They were just looking for votes from allthe und students that attend ndsu football games.  They assumed a little advertising on campus would do the trick.  Wait, that's illegal?

Not sure if it is illegal or not, but it is certainly frowned upon. thanks a lot bin laden.

• Upvote 1

Do we know for sure they were trying to take them off or were they just trying to affix a banner to cover them up. I don't recall reading that they were attempting to remove.

The article said they tried to take the "S" off of Sioux on the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/26769101/former-ndsu-homecoming-royalty-to-appear-in-gf-court 

Trespassing, attempted vandalism, fleeing, and they refused to give the names of the other 9-12 students (good for them on that)..... I don't have a problem with fines that are lower than what a minor in possession/consumption gets......

Ah, I see they're now saying the other 9-12 students simply didn't flee and that's why there are no charges against them.  

I am just glad those amateurs got caught...and then have to write a 2 page essay on why UND is a good school is even better.

Seriously...if you are going to pull a prank like that why would you travel with a crowd of 10-15? You need 3 guys to get something like that done. Amateurs.

Umm. Haven't you been paying attention. The strength of the herd is the bison and the strength of the bison is the herd or something like that. roll terd!

I can see it more as a prank if the banner went over the letters of the BESC, but to physically remove a letter off the building that is vandalism. The judge is right in skipping community service in favor of a fine and essay since he knows they would just skip out of it anyways. That is the NDSU way isn't it.

Trespassing, attempted vandalism, fleeing... Some great bullet points on your first real resume / job application. Especially the idiot stick majoring in emergency management, or something similar. Good luck explaining that to the government hiring official kid.

Judge at sentencing ordered for 2 of the clowns a fine of $225 and writing a 2 page report on "Why UND is a good school". Font size or margins not specified. Neither was using crayons or stick figure picture illustration.

An update.  It appears the judge has a sense of humor as well (regarding the 2 page essay they have to write).

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/26769101/former-ndsu-homecoming-royalty-to-appear-in-gf-court

Because they go the University of Home Economics, is this judge aware that they may not be capable of writing a two page paper on anything? 

Good grounds for an appeal.  Cruel and unusual punishment.  

Ndsu and forgery no way!

Don't have a link but wday reported this morning another ndsu athlete is being charged with theft/forgery.

NDSU club team athlete ... 

http://www.inforum.com/content/former-ndsu-womans-lacrosse-player-accused-using-players-name-bank-job-forge-checks 

At least she's ahead of the NDSU homecoming court. They only got misdemeanors; she's moved up to a C felony.  :crazy:

Weekly GF Herald LiveChat:

2:38

Comment From Guest
How many NDSU students does it take to vandalize a building?

2:38

Tom Miller, GF Herald: 
a herd.

I don't know which is better, the question or the answer. Either way, bravo to both. :D 

Because they go the University of Home Economics, is this judge aware that they may not be capable of writing a two page paper on anything? 

Good grounds for an appeal.  Cruel and unusual punishment.  

Writing two pages on why UND is a good school will take some creative writing skills. :bigsmile: