SiouxSports.com Forum

Obsession

gfhockey

Except UND doesn't own the BESC or the REA. Its Engelstad property and I am sure they will press charges to the fullest extent of the law.

If they press charges it is an embarrassment to the state... Pranks are not a big deal. Either side of the fence can agree to that.

If they press charges it is an embarrassment to the state... Pranks are not a big deal. Either side of the fence can agree to that.

Pranks like that are a huge deal when they enrage the American Indian Cultural Center.  It would plan a protest march to Bresciani's house decrying the blatant racism where NDSU supporters still routinely yell "Sioux Suck S***" and would be broadcast everywhere, thereby embarrassing NDSU.

It's not a big deal if he would have fell and sued the BESC since he got hurt on their property. Also if the roles were reversed and a UND kid got caught putting a sign on the Fargodome BV would have a field day with that. But hey it's no big deal, I am sure the judge will say that too.

It's not a big deal if he would have fell and sued the BESC since he got hurt on their property. Also if the roles were reversed and a UND kid got caught putting a sign on the Fargodome BV would have a field day with that. But hey it's no big deal, I am sure the judge will say that too.

If he fell and got hurt and sued them I'd say he is being an idiot.. And honestly.. I wouldn't care if some UND kids did something similar. My freshman year some spray painted go sioux into the snowbanks around campus.

If he fell and got hurt and sued them I'd say he is being an idiot.. And honestly.. I wouldn't care if some UND kids did something similar. My freshman year some spray painted go sioux into the snowbanks around campus.

Oh my God not a snowbank, is it still there? Lol!!!

Some NDSU students are sentenced to fines and a little extra homework by a Grand Forks judge for trying to take the "S" off of a sign on the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center in Grand Forks.

So it would seem they were attempting to vandalize rather than simply hang a sign.  I'd guess they were attempting to replace the "S" with a "P" or "WH".  Very mature.

Speaking of mature, how did that 45 year old become part of the ndsu homecoming court?

An update. It appears the judge has a sense of humor as well (regarding the 2 page essay they have to write).

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/26769101/former-ndsu-homecoming-royalty-to-appear-in-gf-court

They were taking off the "S" in Sioux and probably going to add "wh" for Whioux. I love the essay idea "why UND is a good school". It will kill them to write it.

So it would seem they were attempting to vandalize rather than simply hang a sign.  I'd guess they were attempting to replace the "S" with a "P" or "WH".  Very mature.

Speaking of mature, how did that 45 year old become part of the ndsu homecoming court?

[/it is taking him quite a while to graduate. Looks like he might need a tutor.

I think the essay is all that was needed for punishment.  No need for a fine unless there was damage to the property.  I love a good prank and don't want to see students become too afraid to continue those types of shenanigans for fear of a criminal record.  Keep it creative, don't cause property damage and all is good.

I would have made them walk up and down University Ave. with a sign that said "I tried to vandalize the BESC because I am a Bison fan. #buttfootball

I'm guessing we may see a few of those mug shots on poster boards at the basketball games.  Maybe not this year, but when NDSU comes to GF....

I would have made them walk up and down University Ave. with a sign that said "I tried to vandalize the BESC because I am a Bison fan. #buttfootball

I was thinking dimly lit room; made them recite some UND propoganda; I'm not sure what my demands would have been, but it would have been worth it. I don't really have an endgame, just really wanted to make one of those videos.

I was thinking dimly lit room; made them recite some UND propoganda; I'm not sure what my demands would have been, but it would have been worth it. I don't really have an endgame, just really wanted to make one of those videos.

Sing Stand Up and Cheer while wearing a UND cheerleader uniform.

• Upvote 1

Darn...here I thought they were trying to hang their "EAT MOR CHIKIN" sign. 

• Upvote 1

I think the essay is all that was needed for punishment.  No need for a fine unless there was damage to the property.  I love a good prank and don't want to see students become too afraid to continue those types of shenanigans for fear of a criminal record.  Keep it creative, don't cause property damage and all is good.

A agree, no need for a fine...that essay will be plenty. I know I would have a hard time if I had to do that on ndsu.

I am just glad those amateurs got caught...and then have to write a 2 page essay on why UND is a good school is even better.

Seriously...if you are going to pull a prank like that why would you travel with a crowd of 10-15? You need 3 guys to get something like that done. Amateurs.